• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert penello strikes again like his power of cloud comments from 2013 👀😂

JslXGfJ.jpg

PwqaP1X.jpg

Last edited:
And for you xbox fanatics i will tell you this now, if i see a ps5 video about fast loading and i see pop up like this in the video, i am going to rip them a new one as well. This has got fuck all today with consoles, this is a standards thing.

A common sense thing, Don't release pre-recorded videos with multiple examples of pop in it.

100%, I will be the first to call out Sony on any ridiculous pop-in that I see in a game with that SSD they have, there are no excuses!

i don't know if this is the right thread to post this..but i ran to walmart this morning to buy a surge protector and noticed they have the 'demo station' for the series x setup but no console there. Just a tv screen with a placeholder image of the console where it will probably be encased.

So maybe they'll have demo units in the wild soon?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
And for you xbox fanatics i will tell you this now, if i see a ps5 video about fast loading and i see pop up like this in the video, i am going to rip them a new one as well. This has got fuck all today with consoles, this is a standards thing.

A common sense thing, Don't release pre-recorded videos with multiple examples of pop in it.
It's bizarre how up in arms you are over a marketing video.

Had they removed that part of the video, the shitty indie game they showed would still have pop-in...

Who gives a shit?

sircaw

Banned
100%, I will be the first to call out Sony on any ridiculous pop-in that I see in a game with that SSD they have, there are no excuses!

Absolutely, We need to be holding these companies to task, not allowing them to get away with shit or doing things half-arsed.

I want every single person here to go crazy on sony if they show something as obnoxious as that underwater scene.

You get to select the game you want to show off, you decided when you will release it, and it's all done under a controlled environment where you can cut and edit stuff out.

And you still release it like that. Do not fucking defend it please, no one should.

Unacceptable.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder if you ever properly read stuff, or you just deliberately try to spread FUD.

In case of PUBG the developer hasn't released a next-gen version. Which means the following:
XSX - Runs Xbox One X version. Locked 60fps
PS5 - Runs PS4 Pro version. Dynamic framerate. Obviously we know it will be the same as locked 60fps, but I could make the same dishonest post you just did, claiming PS5 can't do locked 60fps.
XSS - Runs the XBox One S version. This version is by default locked at 30FPS, has nothing to do with the console itself, but the version of the game.

XSX/PS5/XSS will all get a proper version in the future, normally all locked at 60fps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamerguy84

MS just needs to quit doing reactionary videos, that pop in on this game is beyond bad.

They do much better with all the underground, behind the scenes, and media influence.

There isnt another company who could pull off a console launch with no next gen experience while promoting BC as the number one feature and not get slaughtered by unbiased media and fans.

sircaw

Banned
It's bizarre how up in arms you are over a marketing video.

Had they removed that part of the video, the shitty indie game they showed would still have pop-in...

Who gives a shit?

Because it shows a lack of a standard. ITs a half-arsed attempt at doing something. If releasing such a shoddy video is acceptable to them what else is acceptable to them as well. a half-finished game, drivers that are not optimized correctly, a piece of hardware that works ok and we will fix it in a month down the line.

Standards dude, i seriously hope you see how this reflects on the company as a whole.

How do you miss such an easy thing, that pop in was right and center, it's not like it was hidden in some corner miles from view.

Do you think it's a good look?>

itsnotme

LMAO Destruction all stars already a PS+ game before it's even released, I guess the pre order sales must of been really disappointing. Well at least I get to try it out because I was not paying £70 for it xD

Gudji

LMAO Destruction all stars already a PS+ game before it's even released, I guess the pre order sales must of been really disappointing. Well at least I get to try it out because I was not paying £70 for it xD

Yeah, they don't even mention why they're delaying it. That's it for sure.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
"If we look closer image clarity on the Series X is far superior, now you might be waiting for the pixel counts here but this one is extremely difficult to get a lock on, and to be honest we're swiftly reaching the point where resolution as a metric doesn't matter, we need a different way of looking at this, we need a way of measuring clarity, something we've been puzzling over a fair bit here". Richard Leadbetter on Series X BC improvement of Hellblade.

IntentionalPun

Because it shows a lack of a standard. ITs a half-arsed attempt at doing something. If releasing such a shoddy video is acceptable to them what else is acceptable to them as well. a half-finished game, drivers that are not optimized correctly, a piece of hardware that works ok and we will fix it in a month down the line.

Standards dude, i seriously hope you see how this reflects on the company as a whole.

How do you miss such an easy thing, that pop in was right and center, it's not like it was hidden in some corner miles from view.

Do you think it's a good look?>

They are literally 2 marketing dudes making a video.. so no, I don't think they have anything to do with what you stated here.

sircaw

Banned
They are literally 2 marketing dudes making a video.. so no, I don't think they have anything to do with what you stated here.

Well, i do, and would you mind answering the question.

Do you think its acceptable to show a video with loads of pop-in when your showing of your next-generation console machines? Remember this is not a live demonstration.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Well, i do, and would you mind answering the question.

Do you think its acceptable to show a video with loads of pop-in when your showing of your next-generation console machines? Remember this is not a live demonstration.
I mean; I wouldn't have shown that game.. and don't think they should have.

Your reaction makes you look insane though.

Sony just... doesn't even have a team who makes videos like this.. MS has way more marketing employees... I'd prefer if Sony actually showed more, even if it risked them showing some shitty indie game because their marketing employees don't know better.

Because I like to see stuff.. and don't give 2 shits how it makes a company "look." I buy products, not marketing.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Sony fans: Gamepass encourages Microsoft to release AA games full of MTX, they are going to ruin gaming with the subscription model!

Sony: Plans to release AA game @$70 loaded with MTX.

Sony: Decides to instead include the game day one on one of their subscription services.

Also Sony fans: Based Sony, thank you! Great move!

ToadMan

You are rambling now and have no idea how the industry is progressing and the barriers to continued sustainability with in the gaming medium.
You ignore the development time required and how that development model has had to change as technological advancement out strips development and a major reason why most are moving to a live service.

Gaming industry if it has not already is heading the same way as the movie industry and game pass is no different than Netflix or Amazon prime and like it or not is huge selling point for the current targeted demographic and will play a pivotal role this coming gen.

Unfortunately Netflix has never made money. In fact just a few days ago its share price tanked and that’s during a pandemic when people have a lot more time to consume content at home. I mean everything is in favour of the subscription model and Netflix is still in trouble.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/ne...s-disappointing-subscriber-growth-51603227293

Subscriber/rental models have never been successful and MS isn’t the company to find the way to change that.

That’s why Gamepass will fail long term. The main question is the damage it does to MS in process. The secondary question is how long it will take MS to see this and do a deal with Sony.

sircaw

Banned
I mean; I wouldn't have shown that game.. and don't think they should have.

Your reaction makes you look insane though.

A multi-billionaire company that got smashed into oblivion the last generation by its competitor, decides to show off its new quick resume feature by showing a game that has serve pop in problems. Said company also got to choose the game themselves out of hundreds available to them and they picked that one.

And my reaction is Insane. HAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAH "lollipop_disappointed:

Mr Moose

Sony fans: Gamepass encourages Microsoft to release AA games full of MTX, they are going to ruin gaming with the subscription model!

Sony: Decides to instead include the game day one on one of their subscription services.

Not even kind of the same thing.

Sony fans voted with their wallet for DAS and probably it was so bad that Sony was shaking while sleeping at night 🤣 so they had to do something and change the strategy .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom