• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksdixon

What pieces of information is everyone waiting on for PS5?

i was hoping for some fat ps5 news today, but they just did that blog post about all the immersive stuff surrounding the sound system. it's like, that's fantastic, but there's more important info we need to know, sony

1. is ps5 backwards compatable with ps1/2/3 or not? i'm fed up of hoping, but keeping myself guarded by not expecting it. I'd like a yes or a no, just so I can move-on from this state of limbo lol. (It'll be a damn ''no'', and I'll be saddened).

2. price of the no disk tray version and the disc tray version. If the price is like 100 between them, I'll get the digital version and fiance can pay the extra 100 for her version, because she watches a lot of movies on disc on ps/has more ps4 discs.

3. they keep touting the new lightening fast menu/dashboard. how it can pull live data down in an instant. such as seeing if your friends are in an online multiplayer lobby, you can jump right into that instead of booting the game, then booting the multiplayer mode, etc. i also want to know how the 'CREATE' button on the controller differs from PS4's 'SHARE' button. like... how have you expanded it's functionality? Is ShareFactory video editing gonna be better? there's a whole suite of creative/sharing/social software to run us through.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Agreed. Which is also why Sony is purchasing QD-OLED from Samsung Display. Micro-LED is still too far off. You need large scale manufacturing to make that work and there is absolutely nothing of the sort in existence. Not even in planning stages. It's possible QNED could take the reigns away from micro-LED if Samsung Electronics can't scale down size. Not really any point to micro-LED if true self-emitting quantum dot arrives on the scene. At this stage it's more of a reality. I'd love to own one myself one day, but it seems more likely QD-OLED, or even QNED, would be more affordable and fit in your living room.

Sony's CLED is module based, it can be as small as a monitor, and add as much as you can to make it bigger. Of course, that can be made to normal consumer sizes one piece.

jose4gg

20200902_033809qfk6r.gif

hypepng59123114131221v7jz3.jpg

We have a craig convention going on in the train... 😂

Nickolaidas

Use eARC HDMI, much better. And for headphones, it's confirmed to work with the controller as you only need 2.0 Channel with the Tempest 3D. Now we only need to know if the controller is using Sony's LDAC for top sound quality via blutooth.
Was I somehow unclear when I said that my home theatre can only be connected with a device (console, blu-ray player, pc, etc.) via Optical Cables only?

roops67

temporal injection is a method where you keep previous frame info and render only a small portion of the next one. it needs heavy AA and blur to be convincing.
Insomniac have become masters of it. both ps4 ratchet and clank and spiderman are using it. probably ratchet ps5 too, and maybe thats part of the reason I didnt like the excessive blur on motion.

here you can see it on spiderman. watch how when you rotate the camera and spidey is not visible, blue hue is left on the far skyscrapers, or if you cant spot that, look at how the skyscrapers appear as part of his uniform at first when you move the camera and he is back on view:
dXk_14.gif

gif is 50% speed
That is a very bad and misleading explanation of temporal injection. It's already explained clearly how it works, your twist is either deliberate or you genuinely have no clue?!

The artifacts in the video you pointed out has nothing to do with temporal injection. They are due to the video compression. Notice the fading-out skyscrapers moving/flexing with Spidey's body, those are delta frames using previous frame's pixels for the movement

To even notice the effects of temporal injection the video will have to be slowed down to 1/30th and zoomed in to see individual pixels (Digital Foundry style)

PS5 R&C is 4K no temporal injection. You're the first and only that complained of excessive blur motion

Lethal01

That is a very bad and misleading explanation of temporal injection. It's already explained clearly how it works, your twist is either deliberate or you genuinely have no clue?!

The artifacts in the video you pointed out has nothing to do with temporal injection. They are due to the video compression. Notice the fading-out skyscrapers moving/flexing with Spidey's body, those are delta frames using previous frame's pixels for the movement

To even notice the effects of temporal injection the video will have to be slowed down to 1/30th and zoomed in to see individual pixels (Digital Foundry style)

PS5 R&C is 4K no temporal injection. You're the first and only that complained of excessive blur motion

Nah I've seen many other talk about it having too much blur.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
No Optical Audio Port For PS5
"That’s at least according to The Verge, which mentioned about how older Astro headsets will be compatible with the PS5. The article reveals that Sony is looking to release “HDMI-to-optical audio splitter that will allow your headset to interface with the PS5 with no additional firmware needed,” thus accommodating those who own older headphones."

So with this official splitter device made by sony I should be able to connect my ps5 with my only-via-optical port to my home theatre?

Or will it only work with headphones?
Doesn't your TV have optical out?

Either they both have some stout events coming up soon or I feel some delays coming to next gen.

Then again, the flip side to that Tweet is there isn't much next-gen news needed there, because Xbox doesn't matter much in Japan at all, or at least I've always been under the impression it didn't perform all that well there.

ignore list, meet the guys
Console Racism? what the hell is that? more like FUD spreading and even doubling down on your FUD after being corrected several times. I think FUD post like your post is what the report button is for. done

Do we know if "sharkie" is just misterxmedia in disguise?

At this rate I'm gonna name him TheGreatWhiteTwat *

guys, meet the list

oh, and...

you too
rachet-temporal-inj.png

Nickolaidas

*PS4 LAUNCH*

(after months of advertising and events, humongous mobs of people from all over the world storm stores on launch day and take every single PS4 console on the shelves)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*PS5 LAUNCH*

(a person receives an email, at 3:00 after midnight on the 20th of November. He yawns as he taps his mobile screen to open his inbox. The e-mail reads :

You have been selected.

Put on your clothes.

There will be a car waiting for you outside.

Speak to no one and don't let anyone know that you are leaving the house.

It will take you to a secret place.

When you return, it will be with one of our consoles in your possession.

Don't tell anyone you have it until a year passes.

Best Place to Play.

Sincerely,
Sony

Last edited:

Redlight

Oh because you think you disprove my points by answering something that wasn't those points you just answered a false narrative in your mind.
But f you want prooves here it is.
here's a link where dicktator say PS5 doesn't have raytracing.

now here when he said that insomniac did a bad job at showing ray tracing
EfUxmCWXsAAOmfq

This claims has already been debunked almost instantly about raytracing showing what was hidden behind spidey and later confirmed by insomniac.

A lot of people showed proof about him being in that discord which surprinsingly you don't think is bad.
It's crazy because if there was a secret ps discord plotting against Xbox I'm sure you'd have a problem with them.You have problem with people that think Ratchet have a quick loading transition.
So quick question how come I didn't provide any proof when they are so much in this thread but at the same time I provide made up prooves at least stay coherent in your bullshit.

But let's remember your "points" -that discord doesn't not exist ..... Oops it does.
Yeah but is it bad ? ...... Showing death treats fake insiders lies etc....
Yet you think it is good surprising.
Then I have no proof ..... keep showing proof
Yeah but they are made up ..... Link again proof from hi twitter and Era.
Yeah but since you have no proof why bother with the 8 or more points you have since I blindly and stupidly disregarded 2 points, missing the point each time and answering something else.

Do you want quote from a video sure here it is
Playstation exclusive pushing the graphical boundaries"John
Yeah but a 30 though" Alex
That's not the point"John
Yeah it is" Alex
All that in the defense of Halo.
Please next time you will deliver pointless argument and won't understand basic points please refrain from doing so.
And maybe ask yourself will I dispel the doubts and confirm that I am stupid.

Look at the people agreeing me they are not all playstation fanboys.Look at the one guy whom like your post.

https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-ssd-open-world/

https://www.glitched.online/youtuber-calls-out-digital-foundry-over-dishonest-gears-5-analysis-video/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-5-system-architecture-deep-dive-ot-secret-agent-cerny.175780/page-168

The zooming 300% is on the analysis of Gran turismo.And on twitter he said there was nothing new in that video that is worth another one ....Nxgamer disagrees Just like Gia photo/video and others.

All the other points have been proven by other gaffers here notable the discord part.

Please now maybe you can shut the fuck up.
I'm always happy to talk even with people I disagree because they sometimes bring good points you did not.You just accused me of being crazy and garbage, I told you my arguments you barely understood them and asked proof ,I provided them you dismissed, I provided some more as well as other users here and your argument was that they were made up.....

Congrats your age is probably way higher than IQ , so is my shoe size.Since you are incapable of either understanding basic point or bring anything interesting to the discussion to the ignore list you go.

And the worst part is I don't like ignoring people but if we can't talk why bother.That's why @TBiddy or other people like our own fish and shark are not in my ignore list they at least brings points that can be discussed.
You started talking to me calling me crazy and the worst part is that it was your best argument ever since.Bye

This is really not worth my time, but, well, it's a lockdown right? What else am I going to do?

First things first, I don't think I disproved your points, I did disprove your points.

At least you've learned something, you provided some links! Well done! Although I can now see why you were so reluctant to do so previously. The problem with supplying links is that someone might actually read them.

I'll take the last three first...

Link 2) This is a link to an article that says 'The PlayStation 5 SSD Will Not Change Open World Games Dramatically'. Are you claiming that Alex's quote is proof of bias?

"I typed this elsewhere, but people saying things about the SSD enabling entirely different looking open-world games does not make much sense based upon what we know about open-world development really. All data pulled from SSD would be static data, completely unmutable. That would mean perfectly predesigned level data and arrangements, which is the exact opposite methodology of how modern open-world games increase their detail and variety — which is in fact through procedural method not living on the disk... Procedural methods exist to increase the efficiency of artists and diversity of the game world and even increase detail beyond static draws." Alex B.

You know that both new consoles have SSD's don't you? Has anyone disproved what Alex actually said in that article (not what you think he said)? What if he's right?
https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-ssd-open-world/

Link 3) A link to an 'article' reporting on a video posted by King Trash. My God. King Trash is just you but with a Youtube channel. If you think, even for a second, that DF is biased but King Trash is truth, then you are likely beyond the reach of any reasonable discussion.
https://www.glitched.online/youtuber-calls-out-digital-foundry-over-dishonest-gears-5-analysis-video/

Link 4) This is a link to a Resetera thread. Again it's not clear what I'm supposed to take from this? Though it seems like you're not the only fact-free aggressor...
https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-5-system-architecture-deep-dive-ot-secret-agent-cerny.175780/page-168

QAx6yJO.jpg

Now, back to the first link...

Link 1) Alex did not say that PS5 didn't have raytracing. Someone posted a pic and asked him 'is this raytracing?'. He replied, in essence, 'I can't tell from that pic, as the effects in that shot could be achieved with other techniques'.

Somone replied 'raytracing is confirmed', his response (you included it above) is that the screenshot in question doesn't show it off very well. At no point does he deny that the game has raytracing. That's your insane interpretation.

A couple of other points. I didn't deny the discord existed, I asked for info regarding it, then responded when it was supplied. That's how adults operate. Based on what I now know it seems to me that it's been blown out of proportion by agitated posters like yourself.

You seem to think it's impressive to hurl insults my way and threaten to block me. It doesn't help your argument, it's just kicking up dust to avoid the actual issues. You've backed yourself into a corner by making claims you can't support and now you're flailing to avoid admitting it. Rest assured, if you block me I'll be OK.

It seems that you have some difficulty with the differences between opinion and fact and I know that none of this will sink in, so I won't be giving you the grace of detailed responses from here on in.

Lockdown isn't that boring.

Last edited:

roops67

ignore list, meet the guys

guys, meet the list

oh, and...

you too
rachet-temporal-inj.png
The quote you attached is talking about temporal injection yet to be implement for 60fps mode

The gameplay footage shown for PS5 R&C is 30fps 4k 'native' does NOT have temporal injection

You claim you seen 'motion blur' in the gameplay which YOU associate with temporal injection

..... ah just fuck it, I'm not interested in wasting anymore my time on your BS!

3liteDragon

Rand seems to think the Xbox Series S could get announced as soon as Thursday and also thinks we'll know about price, pre-orders and release date for both Xbox consoles this month before TGS.

(timestamped)

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The quote you attached is talking about temporal injection yet to be implement for 60fps mode

The gameplay footage shown for PS5 R&C is 30fps 4k 'native' does NOT have temporal injection

You claim you seen 'motion blur' in the gameplay which YOU associate with temporal injection

..... ah just fuck it, I'm not interested in wasting anymore my time on your BS!
More like TheGreatWhiteFraud.

HAL-01

hes proven several times he got no clue what he's saying, just pull his favorite trick and ignore him

roops67

I have been told by a certain poster on this forum, that he is a chief architect in spreading fud. I will not mention that posters name.

He is a regular old user too
I'll take a wild guess... it was Nikana Nikana ?!
So strange, how the ones who report others for starting fud, are themselves the true FUD STARS!!

Last edited:

Avantasia

Neo Member
Hopefully we get som news today or tomorrow about any upcoming event.

The two most important news we need are which games (and how they look) that willl be available on release and date.

Price is important too for the masses but not for the ones that preorder. But they will tell price with date.

Teardown on the machine can they save for later.

Spiderman, demon souls + the party games would be a fantastic start to playstation 5.

Redlight

OK Holy shit who the fuck uses Timecode on a video that has been captured but not SOURCED directly with correct framing in mind??!!

That (stupid) Timecode is on 24 frames for a second but running on 30 FUCKING FRAMES PER SECOND VIDEO! (IF NOT 60 FPS VERSION)
Every 24th frame it jumps a second while it should count till 30 at which point it should have jumped to 1 correctly, SO this way the fucking timecode that a fucking goddamn moron put on a video shows timing that is OFF. Do not ever use a Timecode if you are not doing it on an editing software in which you see the Source frame of a video and you can also go frame-by-frame yourself in steps to see if it is actually correctly reported in software!

Jesus you crazy motherfuckers are hell bent on trying to make those "loading" (not gonna say screens since cause it is not FUCKING STATIC) parts look longer than IT REALLY IS.

Try opening a 60 FPS video on Premiere Pro Editing software in a 24 frame project and SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO IT!

Then just for kicks do the reverse, open a 24 FPS video on Premiere as a 60 frame project and also SEE WHAT HAPPENS

After that report back here, this is your homework! As you talk about stuff you clearly don't know about, you first need to be schooled son!

Jesus! A timecode where it goes off automatically not even counting per frames, not counting at all, just going automatically HAHAHA what will we see next??
OK Mr Spielberg, let me explain something to you in simple terms.

I used 25fps as an example, it's the broadcast standard where I am. This video is actually 30fps but the principle is the same.

Does this video look slowed down to you? Does it have the jerkiness that is symptomatic of a bad frame rate conversion? Does it look like it's running at the wrong speed?

No, it doesn't. The timecode is time accurate on this video, it shows time passing in exactly the same way as it would if it were a stop watch. When it says two seconds, two seconds have elapsed. The type of counter does not have any impact on the video.

Good news, you don't actually need to rely on this video. Go to the official gameplay reveal on youtube, about 4.20 in...

and time the same sequence with a smartphone. Unless you think the official Playstation channel is part of the conspiracy?

In reality, I think Thegreatwhiteshark's video is actually generous to Ratchet & Clank. It seems to take longer to load than suggested in his video.

As a famous clown once said "As you talk about stuff you clearly don't know about, you first need to be schooled son!".

Class is dismissed.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Redlight

I'm actually surprised that you don't have the good grace to admit that you simply made a mistake. That's baffling to me. It's an easy mistake to make if you're not familiar with timecode (and not many people are).

You know you got it wrong. We all know you got it wrong but your inability to admit it robs you of credibility, even with those who are supporting you.

There's a saying that you should take to heart, 'the coverup is often worse than the crime'.

Last edited:

xacto

have you been out on parole or something, your not working from one of those prison businesses are you.

It's good your back and yes unfortunately it continues. We are now on 10 pages of how evil a couple of seconds load times are, transition, and all. always something to bitch about.

I wish my Playstation 4 would have a 2 seconds "loading screen" on ANYTHING.... anything at all. By the way, we should have a definition which clearly describes the difference between a "transition" and a "loading screen", just to make it easier for the resident console warriors in here.

And by the way... it's worse than being on parole, I got sucked back in into Elite Dangerous 😂

xacto

No XSX on TGS.

Indeed, it's like no one cares about Xbox in Japan, right? And yes, no one really cares, but they have to do it. I mean everyone's got bosses and they will tell you to sell your crappiest product in the most aggressive market, because that's when you are a good sales agent.

But lo and behold, that is not happening.

pasterpl

Will the smart people like you will buy PC next gen because they can play everything Xbox and everything not on Xbox with much higher resolution and fps. You don't need to buy both consoles if you don't like Sony's games, you combine that savings for a mighty PC with lots of colorfull rgb lights and pretty colorfull water cooling pipes.

I do have a gaming pc; 32gb ram, geforce 1080, 1tb ssd, i7-7700 cpu....but the pc gaming experience is completely different and I do prefer console experience, I was pc player years ago, but I switched to console and prefer it. If I have got a choice to play a game on pc vs console, I will chose console everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom