• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
Because not everyone has a PC ready and waiting to slot the GPU into.
Add in all the other components and you're looking at north of $1000 just for the hardware. Leave alone the Windows license and then buying games.
Yeah, I mean I like putting PCs together, but to pretend that a $500 GPU is the same cost and effort for a normal person as buying a $500 console always felt dumb as an argument.

Many people (10s of millions, in fact) will not have any inclination to build their own PC. And that doesn't change just because a single component ended up being priced at the same cost as an entire console. They aren't gonna start doing research to find out about picking parts and how to put it all together and then find themselves $1200 into the build and think it was a smarter economic decision than just buying the xbox and plugging it into their TV.

People like us would rather build the PC, sure. But I've never understood this weird thing that PC gamers do where they pretend it's way cheaper and easier than it actually is.

zaitsu

Banned
i dont even want to imagine wanting a ps5.

sony putting their games on pc makes the choice even easier.
If the Sony would put their PS5 games nobody would buy PS5. Thats why we won't see any PS5 exclusives on PC until PS6. Common be real. Thats their only value. Its not like they are giving that up. They will just port some PS4 games to PC to show people that TF are USELESS witwhout games.

Last edited:

Series X come in at $399 then? :lollipop_beaming_smiling: I kid...Maybe.

Because build a PC is much more than GPU price at least you want an unbalanced system.

Of course if you can spent thousands of dollars for a good PC which use that 3070, then PC is a better option.

In the personal I will first buy a PS5, update my PC and then probably wait more than a year to buy of XSX
because I like physical media.

Last edited:
Because not everyone has a PC ready and waiting to slot the GPU into.
Add in all the other components and you're looking at north of $1000 just for the hardware. Leave alone the Windows license and then buying games.
For people who were looking to buy XSX as a second console for "Supprior 3rd party games", a $1200 PC built is worth it. 24 hours ago, that PC was $2200.
Those people who buy 2nd consoles are alot and are not on budget. they want good deals.

zaitsu

Banned
Because build a PC is much more than GPU price at least you want an unbalanced system.

Of course if you can spent thousands of dollars for a good PC which use that 3070, then PC is better option.

In the personal I will first buy a PS5, update my PC and then probably wait more than a year to buy of XSX
Why even bother with XSX when you can run everything on PC.

saintjules

Of course if you can spent thousands of dollars for a good PC which use that 3070, then PC is better option.

I am actually second guessing my recent purchase of the 2060 super now lol. But was playing Doom External on it last night and it's the smoothest buttery thing I've experienced on the C9 so far.

pasterpl

Imagine wanting xsx now after nvidia

Weak gpu like ps5 compared to nvidia
Weak io solution and weak ssd
No games for time being

Pc and ps5 all the way

what’s with that no games for time being narratively? I can guarantee you that cyberpunk will offer better performance on xbsex vs ps5 version, obviously pc version on ampere with 32gb ram and solid cpu will be even better, but this leaves ps5 being used for Sony exclusives (2 games a year), that might come a bit later to pc. Any third EMR party game, if you have got powerful pc will always run better on pc, then you are left with only Sony exclusives, is it worth buying console only for 2 games a year?

/going with logic that some other posters presented here

what’s with that no games for time being narratively? I can guarantee you that cyberpunk will offer better performance on xbsex vs ps5 version, obviously pc version on ampere with 32gb ram and solid cpu will be even better, but this leaves ps5 being used for Sony exclusives (2 games a year), that might come a bit later to pc. Any third EMR party game, if you have got powerful pc will always run better on pc, then you are left with only Sony exclusives, is it worth buying console only for 2 games a year?

After watching the nvidia and how important io is I m starting to doubt we see any noticeable difference between the 2 consoels . Maybe 15% resolution ? 1980p vs 2160p? No one will ever notice any difference if thats the case.

Last edited:
No news Sony

Day 2

tenor.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If the Sony would put their PS5 games nobody would buy PS5. Thats why we won't see any PS5 exclusives on PC until PS6. Common be real. Thats their only value. Its not like they are giving that up. They will just port some PS4 games to PC to show people that TF are USELESS witwhout games.
well, wasnt there a thread yesterday about sony confirming they will be porting even more exclusives to PC? just a few months after herman hurst confirmed that porting horizon wont mean other exclusives will get ported to?

it's their end game. just like it was for MS. I agree it's incredibly shortsighted but these execs dont give a fuck. MS did it. Sony will too. there is nothing these execs like more than money. All the OG Playstation guys are gone. Kaz, Andrew House, Shawn Layden, Jack Tretton, Shu demoted. This is the new Sony and thats why you are seeing sony games on PC.

Then have fun waiting 4 years for the games to get subpar ports 😂😂

The whole nvidia presentation supports that cerny vision was correct .
im telling you man, Phil said the same thing. they will wait 1-2 years and then start releasing these games day 1 on PC to maximize profits at launch. these cunts are shameless.

Rossco EZ

i think i’d actually jump to pc if my room was big enough to have a desk for a pc set up etc, those nvidia cards seem really good value.

zaitsu

Banned
For people who were looking to buy XSX as a second console for "Supprior 3rd party games", a $1200 PC built is worth it. 24 hours ago, that PC was $2200.
Those people who buy 2nd consoles are alot and are not on budget. they want good deals.
Exactly.
People buying XSX because its stronger than PS5. Guess what, PC

Of course, those two games a year from Sony is what keeps me still gaming.
Without sony this generation i would play just 2 games worth mentioning. RDR2 and Witcher 3. Sony made couple more of them.

Sony games has best value for singleplayer like me in the whole industry.

Xbox is dead, ms knows that. Thats why its just cheap gamepass machine not xbox anymore.

well, wasnt there a thread yesterday about sony confirming they will be porting even more exclusives to PC? just a few months after herman hurst confirmed that porting horizon wont mean other exclusives will get ported to?

it's their end game. just like it was for MS. I agree it's incredibly shortsighted but these execs dont give a fuck. MS did it. Sony will too. there is nothing these execs like more than money. All the OG Playstation guys are gone. Kaz, Andrew House, Shawn Layden, Jack Tretton, Shu demoted. This is the new Sony and thats why you are seeing sony games on PC.

im telling you man, Phil said the same thing. they will wait 1-2 years and then start releasing these games day 1 on PC to maximize profits at launch. these cunts are shameless.
Imo they will put more ps4 games on pc to bait them to buy ps5 for sequels . Then in 2024 they start putting some ps5 games on pc.bookmark this haha 😄

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
No news Sony

Day 2

tenor.gif
oh you got news. you got a bunch of sony devs telling you to wait and see how they will utilize the ssd in the future.

i swear i finally realize what its like to be a MS fan. All this talk, it's infuriating. the self-loathing i am going through is off the charts. I still dont have the desire to spread FUD about the xsx but maybe that will come in a couple of years.

Imo they will put more ps4 games on pc to bait them to buy ps5 for sequels . Then in 2024 they start putting some ps5 games on pc.bookmark this haha 😄

lol done. Now dont get perma'd before 2024.

Last edited:

zaitsu

Banned

Check that thread, VFXVETERAN confirming my version of story going right now in Naughty. TLOU1 3 years away, TLOU2 around PS6. Good luck with other tittles. Maybe PC will get full PS4 portfolio before PS7.

Serious question: why would anyone buy an Xbox Series X now that RTX 3070 costs $499?

So, I can just buy that GPU and plug it straight into my TV?
The funny thing is that xbox is the far more graphics potent machine of the two consoles,
yet somehow nvidia's new offerings have a greater impact on the more powerful xbox, than the less powerful ps5

this is the twilight zone

Go play with bricks kid
ignore list time, bored playing with bricks

Last edited:

zaitsu

Banned
The funny thing is that xbox is the far more graphics potent machine of the two consoles,
yet somehow nvidia's new offerings have a greater impact on the more powerful xbox, than the less powerful ps5

this is the twilight zone

ignore list time
You answer to that , but not for question what is the reason to buy XSX over PC other than money.

mejin

No games for time being

Pc and ps5 all the way

I'm a console user and would get a xbox no problem if I trusted MS. It's been 10 years since I sold my X360 and never looked back.

Yeah, I mean I like putting PCs together, but to pretend that a $500 GPU is the same cost and effort for a normal person as buying a $500 console always felt dumb as an argument.

Many people (10s of millions, in fact) will not have any inclination to build their own PC. And that doesn't change just because a single component ended up being priced at the same cost as an entire console. They aren't gonna start doing research to find out about picking parts and how to put it all together and then find themselves $1200 into the build and think it was a smarter economic decision than just buying the xbox and plugging it into their TV.

People like us would rather build the PC, sure. But I've never understood this weird thing that PC gamers do where they pretend it's way cheaper and easier than it actually is.
Nowadays, the PC, Console combo is very common with the majority of gamers. Phil Spencer's fuck up and Nvidia's press today told these guys to to save that $500. The message to them today is : All you need is a PS5 and RTX 3070/3080.
Xbox was always a secondary gaming platform since 2013. Hence its poor sales. It didn't lose its secondary position to Playstation but it definitely won't set next to a gaming PC this gen. Only PS5 will set next to a PC for the next 6 years.

Come on Sony FFS, the world is waiting for you. Give us the goods. SIGH

I need some volunteers to get down on their knees, that might of sounded a tad bit kinky but it was meant to be to pray. sigh.

How much longer can we take this.
I rather they wait and go after ms . They need to be careful in pricing to not lose on NA and UK due to bad pricing

Last edited:

pasterpl

Exactly.
People buying XSX because its stronger than PS5. Guess what, PC

Of course, those two games a year from Sony is what keeps me still gaming.
Without sony this generation i would play just 2 games worth mentioning. RDR2 and Witcher 3. Sony made couple more of them.

Sony games has best value for singleplayer like me in the whole industry.

Xbox is dead, ms knows that. Thats why its just cheap gamepass machine not xbox anymore.

that’s must be why they have invested in r&d and developed ’the most powerful console ever’, acquired multiple studios. For mee, I own, ps4pro and xbonex and I don’t have games that I want to play on ps4 (I have purchased all of the big hitters from Sony but found most dull and repetitive), just showing you that I have completely opposite view of which console provides better value.

sircaw

Banned
I rather they wait and go after ms . They need to be careful in pricing to not lose on NA and UK due to bad pricing

I personally don't think Microsoft can do anything to disrupt sony this generation.

Microsoft have royally fucked up their launch, even if their console is cheaper, big deal, how can they compete with Spiderman, R+c + demon souls, they cant.

sony should not be afraid, they are the top dog, its not going to change.

Microsoft is offering an inferior product in terms of what is important, Games.

Last edited:
I personally don't think Microsoft can do anything to disrupt sony this generation.

Microsoft have royally fucked up their launch, even if their console is cheaper, big deal, how can they compete with Spiderman, R+c + demo souls, they cant.

Ps2 was huge success and sony didn't care for ms and that pricing issue lead to ms taking back uk and us (ww they will never touch sony ) but sony needs to be careful to offer good value against xss for UK and US

MarkMe2525

No games for time being

Pc and ps5 all the way
This seems like a fun game.

Imagine wanting at PlayStation 5 now after Nvidia.
Weak GPU compared to MS
Sony had to sacrifice all that die space to stream data while XsX can do it with half the speed with their API.
Having to play children cartoony games to get next gen features.

Lol what a joke. I don't even believe what I'm saying but just wanted to point out how childish your post was. The lack of self awareness is astonishing.

J_Gamer.exe

DUDE!
I've lost waaaay tooo much time trying to explain things, because of your TROLLBAIT original thesis, about how "WORRYING LOAD TIMES IN XBOX SERIES X":

I don't plan loosing even a second more.
Read the thread IF you like, or go watch nvidia's presentation on what they are doing with microsoft's IO DX
Whatever you understand, its your benefit
Whatever you dont understand, its not my fault

I had to upload videos even for other's STUPID hypotheses like yours, that astro was not running on ps5
To have a conversation, you need either to be knowing things, or be able to understand things.
If neither of those, then you are far better off just replaying cerny's speech again and again until it burns your mind completely

No it was a simple observation of what we were shown. If not load screens then what are they, if a transition screen they would all be the same length surely.

It's your fault you decided to try and be clever and counter with a false video and a false statement. Now your upset about time wasted, only yourself to blame, no one made you lie.

Why are you linking me to my own post and subsequent replies that I have already read. The replies BTW you got for YOUR troll reply.

It's about time you stopped deflecting and answered. Forget what other people said about the skipping seconds, it was 2 seconds all in including animations.

You said it beat Ratchet for load speeds for gameplay and thats just a blatant lie, you've been caught red handed and rather than answer you want to run away and deflect. Tell us how it beats it. The only possible way is if your counting that stupid video where it counts ratchet to the ground which is beyond ridiculous.

Yet more nonsense, nvidia using direct storage means nothing in relation to that game, if its so good why the load times?

What you feel you had to do because of others replies means nothing and again has nothing to do with my explanation for Astros playroom, do you have any evidence it was on hardware as opposed to streamed?

Nice condescending last paragraph.

You have proven its YOU who clearly doesn't understand things, evidenced by you false statement on loading.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Microsoft have royally fucked up their launch, even if their console is cheaper, big deal, how can they compete with Spiderman, R+c + demon souls, they cant.

XSX Certainly is not going in strong at the start of this gen... could be much better later.

For now, every single day feels like:
groundhog-day-gif-1.gif

FunkMiller

There‘s not a hope in hell Microsoft will compete with Sony in Europe this generation. Microsoft’s endlessly American-centric marketing and branding has ensured this, over many years.

A lot of XBox fans complain that this forum is weighted in Sony’s favour - but they only have Microsoft to blame. Not everybody is American, and all of our markets turned away from XBox when it became apparent we all weren’t that important to them.

zaitsu

Banned
This seems like a fun game.

Imagine wanting at PlayStation 5 now after Nvidia.
Weak GPU compared to MS
Sony had to sacrifice all that die space to stream data while XsX can do it with half the speed with their API.
Having to play children cartoony games to get next gen features.

Lol what a joke. I don't even believe what I'm saying but just wanted to point out how childish your post was. The lack of self awareness is astonishing.
You sound dumb, he was sounding reasonable

sircaw

Banned
Ps2 was huge success and sony didn't care for ms and that pricing issue lead to ms taking back uk and us (ww they will never touch sony ) but sony needs to be careful to offer good value against xss for UK and US

I get what you are saying, but i seriously doubt sony would make those mistakes of the past again. Everything they have done of late seems to be extremely well thought out and well planned. Unlike Microsoft, Sony seemed to have learned from their past mistakes. Yes in the best case scenario it would be good to wait for Microsoft to show their price, but let's be honest all Microsoft has is price to compete on.

No disrespect to xbox people but you're out of your fucking minds if you want to get an xbox on launch compared to a ps5. We buy consoles for games, not so they look pretty on the mantlepiece.

If Microsoft had all there new studio games launching in the first two years i might say something totally different but as it stands now, how the hell do you recommend a xbox to someone.

There is nothing wrong with the kit, the hardware is good but again i stress, we buy consoles to play games, and the best games are on PS5, especially with all the marketing deals, it just makes sense to pick up a ps5.

No, Hermann Hulst said not every exclusive will be ported. Sony confirmed that they will port some 1st party titles to PC which is the same stuff Hermann said few months ago.

Sony relay on their gaming (25% of their revenue), they won't give it up. The PC ports are acting exactly like this gen remasters. Extra money to fund game development. They cannot resell remasters on PS5 because of BC so they opted for PC to bring extra Money and hopefully drag customers. Trust me, i f you love Sony's games then many PC gamer will fall in love and buy PS5 for sequels. Sony have the content and they are confident they can trap more people in their closed platform.

Don't listen to people who tel you that closed platform is dead and it's all about software on all platforms. There nothing more profitable than trapping more people inside your cage and continue growing it. That's what the most valuable company in the world does, Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom