• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few days ago I posted somewhere that the Big Navi was supposed to have 12GB of RAM (or was it 16GB? Not sure) and I said it was too little... now the specs for RTX3000 have leaked and apparently the 2080Ti successor will have 24GB.

Fuck the price for that quantity of GDDR6 will be so high, please AMD do something I don't want to spend around $1000 of the high end.

Because as some if I tried when I build the pc is because I want the PC can easily exceed the consoles, the thing is than even today will be not
possible because even if in paper a PC with 2080 TI is better when you play a similar game the difference will be absurdly small for the price
to pay.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

And I have a question for DF. Why is PlayStation 5 abbreviated to PS5 but Xbox Series X isn’t ?

Could someone tell to DF if in the PS5 will be emphasis in the VR, those game are already at least 90 frames/seconds to 120 fps? but you now is
even is harder than only that because is like you basically have two cameras rendering and for this means also the PS4 has titles.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Hell I'm sitting at a 4 port KVM where I have a gaming PC, a PS4 Pro, and a Switch. The 4th port I had an Xbox One on but I never used it, so I actually plugged my fatty PS3 into it and might do some retro gaming.

I just press a button on a remote and voila my screen switches from PC to PS4 Pro, and can even use the keyboard in menus where you have to type.

Does that introduce any or much input lag?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Story time boys and girls so gather around the campfire.

The story I am about to tell is filled with rumors and speculations.

There is no talk from crazy birds here.

Lastnight while playing Warzone with some friends who are pretty far up the food chain in the gaming world we talked about whats coming.

One of my buddies was told (he claims a good source) Xbox will announce Mon (maybe Tues) that they are having their show this Thursday and is quite certain Lokchart gets revealed because they have said devkit in house.

Wednesday places like IGN are going to talk about one of the Sony 3rd party exclusives right before said Xbox show.

This will not be the big one that Sony has and he heard the exact same thing others have and if true its a monster.

Again these are rumors and speculations, perfect place in a speculations thread.

sircaw

Banned

Lastnight while playing Warzone with some friends who are pretty far up the food chain in the gaming world we talked about whats coming.

One of my buddies was told (he claims a good source) Xbox will announce Mon (maybe Tues) that they are having their show this Thursday and is quite certain Lokchart gets revealed because they have said devkit in house.

Wednesday places like IGN are going to talk about one of the Sony 3rd party exclusives right before said Xbox show.

This will not be the big one that Sony has and he heard the exact same thing others have and if true its a monster.

Again these are rumors and speculations, perfect place in a speculations thread.

I am not gay but sometimes you make me horny.

:messenger_heart:

120 FPS and 60 FPS suck!

Why you might say? Well, it will downgrade games in terms of graphics, AI, animations and everything else in any game.

You guys think you would’ve got something like TLOU 2 or RDR 2 if they ran at higher than 30 FPS on consoles? No, it’s impossible, they would be way lower than what we have now.

This is why I hate Microsoft’s new direction, Digital Foundry’s Alex Battaglia can eat a hot steamy Eggplant! 🍆🍆🍆

I have read here many times How native resolution takes huge amount of Power process.

Given How afavnced are New techniques like dlss and other stuff that make the image as crisp If not better than native, I think thats possibly the way to go instead of Just aiming to 30fps all the time.

Just look at the UE5 DEMO. All the tech behind the demo makes the image quality even better than the typical current gen games at native 4k, and devs said they are aiming to 60fps.

I am more than fine with Ue5 demo level of graphics at 60fps.

Hmm campfire

MistyCooperativeAngelwingmussel-size_restricted.gif

I am not gay but sometimes you make me horny.

:messenger_heart:

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Funny, seems the next Call of Duty will also be revealed next week. I would imagine places like IGN will talk about. What a coincidence.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

If Sony have money hatted some huge games, it’d make perfect sense to wait until you can maximise the undercut. Revealing one right before an Xbox showcase would certainly do that!

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member

Ohh yeah

One of the games shown at Sony’s last State of Play is embroiled in a scandal involving both the publisher (Focus Interactive) and developer (Limestone Games):

Maybe Sony should nip this issue in the bud and cut off all dealings with Focus Interactive, or at least push them to resolve this in an ethical way? We do not need these kinds of practices to grow any further in the industry.

Neo Blaster

Funny, seems the next Call of Duty will also be revealed next week. I would imagine places like IGN will talk about. What a coincidence.

Yep, and if COD is this 3rd party exclusive IGN will talk about and isn't even the supposed 'monster', then it's got to be GTA 6.

DaGwaphics

Schedule is looking busy now.

Wednesday: lynch mob IGN and other media outlets.
Thursday: watch presentation.
Friday: combat cocky fanboys regarding poor showing at Thurs event.
Sat onwards: Point out how every time someone plays CoD or GTA (or insert other game name here) a baby dies.

In all seriousness, thanks for the info. You try and keep it 100 even though most of the news you provide is never what I want to hear. I've unfollowed most of the big name twitter "insiders" now, I honestly think they overhype things just to create disappointment for others. LOL

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I don't want to know any specifics to protect your sources.

But did they tell you what it was or just that it's going to be a big title?

I have heard 3 big ones now.

Birdie has told me about the one monster he THINKS is happening and it was one of those 3 as well.

I would bet its the same one the people in these podcasts are speaking about.

Side note and this is just random thoughts on the rumors 750 million deal.

Thats probably a pretty accurate number for adding this monster.

That wouldn't be a hard number to guess though if someone knew what Sony/MS pays for the big timed exclusives in the past though.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Birdie has told me about the one monster he THINKS is happening and it was one of those 3 as well.

That wouldn't be a hard number to guess though if someone knew what Sony/MS pays for the big timed exclusives in the past though.

Jesus... it’s exclusive Call Of Duty, isn’t it?

kyliethicc

The question is how long we will need to wait until hearing anything about GTA6. With hyping GTA5 for 2021 i think GTA6 is coming at best at 2023.
I could see it launching 1 year after. GTA5 fall 2021, GTA6 fall 2022. The bigger question is GTA Online. If that’s going to be it’s own standalone game, will GTA 6 just be a smaller singleplayer story?

Maybe Rockstar would want to double the $60 they got for each copy of GTA 5 sold (singleplayer and online) by making GTA 6 singleplayer and GTA 6 multiplayer into 2 separate games? Launch the story game, sell that, then launch the online, sell even more. Some would only buy 1, but many would buy both.

THE:MILKMAN

3 big games you say. So COD as THE big one and 2 from EA/Ubi/Beth/SE/Capcom/Epic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom