• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sircaw

Banned
Nvidia's Ampere series of graphics cards will wipe the floor with the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X and it will be released before them.

I am so happy I am done with the pc bullshit.

The new Nvidia card will come out, founder edition then 6 months later they will sell the ti edition, then they will change the name and we will get gt version, the gtx version, the Super edition, then change some ram on it and change that name too.
Then have another refresh and change that too or start with the bullshit all over again.

Or just give me my ps5 and I am good to go for the next 5+ years for a third of the price.

Gamernyc78

Banned

The new Nvidia card will come out, founder edition then 6 months later they will sell the ti edition, then they will change the name and we will get gt version, the gtx version, the Super edition, then change some ram on it and change that name too.
Then have another refresh and change that too or start with the bullshit all over again.

Or just give me my ps5 and I am good to go for the next 5+ years for a third of the price.

With arguably better exclusives and games you can't find elsewhere. I will have my ps5, my old psvr and get the new psvr when it comes out. Give two shits about buying a new card every few years.

XO_o

hRN2n5i.jpg

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I'll just keep my current card and upgrade when I feel like it.. since it doesn't change what games I can play.

And also buy a PS5; I don't PC game to get better graphics.. so consoles don't really come into that picture.

BluRayHiDef

Banned

This is ridiculous criticism. You don't have to buy the refreshes, rebadges, or new editions, etc. You buy a new card when the performance delta between the latest cards and your cards are large and necessary for the latest games. Otherwise, pay no attention to new releases. I've had my 1080 Ti since 2017 and haven't been tempted by any releases since then until now (with Ampere).

sircaw

Banned
This is ridiculous criticism. You don't have to buy the refreshes, rebadges, or new editions, etc. You buy a new card when the performance delta between the latest cards and your cards are large and necessary for the latest games. Otherwise, pay no attention to new releases. I've had my 1080 Ti since 2017 and haven't been tempted by any releases since then until now (with Ampere).

I might not have to buy them but that is what it is like the pc world of things.

Ratchet and Clank probably does have realtime cutscenes, but don't be fooled by art direction. Kena's cutscenes are in another realm compared to Ratchet.

But this is Just the gpu. You cant run any game with that alone. You still need cpu and a Lot of other stuff.

Im glad I ditched the PC world.

Gamernyc78

Banned
You still don't make any sense. You're not obligated to upgrade at any time. I'm still using an i7-5820k.

Your not obligated? Assuming tht most pc gamers don't even have high end rigs (factual) , some mid tier rigs and many not even tht, when new games are released in order to keep up with performance, certain game releases to run properly on your rig you have to upgrade so tht doesn't make sense to me. But hey I hear you.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Your not obligated? Assuming tht most pc gamers don't even have high end rigs (factual) , some mid tier rigs and many not even tht, when new games are released in order to keep up with performance, certain game releases to run properly on your rig you have to upgrade so tht doesn't make sense to me. But hey I hear you.
You don't have to upgrade; you can lower a game's settings.

You still don't make any sense. You're not obligated to upgrade at any time. I'm still using an i7-5820k.

How is your room gaming in the summer with that CPU? Sure, you're not obligated to upgrade, but damn I had one of those and the heat and power draw was insane (compared to a Ryzen 6-core today), so you kind of have if you're talking about components that old.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Most gamers have mid tier rigs.... because they aren’t obligated to upgrade lol

Thirty7ven

Banned

For those who have the money and like playing at a desk, I say more power to you.

But I ran the math. If I buy a new PC to last me the rest of next gen, this year, it will cost me 1.5k easy.

If the PS5 is 500 that’s a thousand bucks on bullshit mark ups just because these hardware companies only make money on the hardware.

What can I do with a thousand dollars in gaming? Well I only buy 20-30$ games, so in my case that means anywhere between 33 and 50 games.

Yeah I would rather spend that on games.

MastaKiiLA

PC gamers are a bit like Neo Geo owners. Yeah, your shit looks fire, but..um...you don't have Mario. Graphics really aren't the end-all for gaming IMO. Just give me the games I love. I'd have a Switch right now, if I cared anything for handheld gaming...but I don't. My mobile gaming now is reserved for idle&merge games, so I can get a feeling of progression while I work.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
For those who have the money and like playing at a desk, I say more power to you.

But I ran the math. If I buy a new PC to last me the rest of next gen, this year, it will cost me 1.5k easy.

If the PS5 is 500 that’s a thousand bucks on bullshit mark ups just because these hardware companies only make money on the hardware.

What can I do with a thousand dollars in gaming? Well I only buy 20-30$ games, so in my case that means anywhere between 33 and 50 games.

Yeah I would rather spend that on games.

EDIT:

Bad joke removed.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Yeah PC gaming is more expensive for sure... *shrug*

I don't do it for souped up graphics though. I play tons of strategy games for instance not available on console.. ARPGs not available on console (or entirely different games like Diablo), and much prefer mouse and keyboard.

1. Retail sales =/= Take 2 revenue.
2. They’re not losing any PlayStation revenue, in fact they probably gain.
3. Timed exclusivity is a deferral of Xbox revenue not a complete loss

Total T2 revenue from sales of the XBO version of GTA V is probably under $200 million with GTA Online revenue on top. $750 million gets Sony the whole shooting match no bother at all.

edit: and deferring $200 million by a year, what’s that worth with interest rates at close to zero? Even applying the average return on the DJIA for 2019 that’s under $50 million.
how about no?

gta2.png

gta.png

Neo Blaster

Why don't you just tell the truth? You want to buy a console so that you have money left over to buy crack; you just want to get your next fix. You know that if you build a new PC, you won't have enough money left over to hit the pipe.

You're a perfect example of why people should build PCs rather than buy consoles: no money left over to buy drugs.
Dude, are you trying to get banned? Better use a '/s' with that drug talk.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I highly doubt GTA VI would be exclusive for any period of time.

I highly suspect, GTA VI will have some exclusive content though for Sony.

how about no?

gta2.png

gta.png

Interesting how they had all that revenue at the games launch in 2013. However that's taking into account that the game launched on two systems with a very sizable install base.

Each system had around 80 million consoles sold at that time. It meant that Take 2 had around 160 million potential customers. That's why I'm not surprised that the game did extremely well given the popularity of GTA and the sizes of those install bases.

Now off to looking at GTAVI. Assuming that the game launches on next consoles first and not PC. How big will the install base be when GTAVI comes out? If the game arrives in a couple of years I highly doubt the total install base will be anywhere close to 160 million consoles sold. And I have my doubts that the Xbox Series X will perform similarly to the Xbox 360.

With that said it could be possible to obtain GTAVI as a timed exclusive if it's arriving soon. If both systems have massive install base a deal like that will be much harder to make.

The only way I can see GTAVI being a timed exclusive is if R* doesn't have much faith in the games performance on the XSX. Might as well take the cash from Sony and wait until the install base grows on the other platform. Even with a delay Xbox/PC gamers will still buy the product. With PC gamers we saw that GTAV and RDR2 still sold well even though they got the game after everyone else.

What do you think?

IntentionalPun

R* plans to, in 2021, re-market GTA V / GTA V Online.

At this point GTA VI is vaporware anyways. Let's talk about it in 2023 if we've even really heard anything by then lol

(I could see them using GTA V next-gen as a chance to start marketing GTA VI.. but I'll believe it when I see it.. they might also be planning to milk the GTA V cow longer)

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

R* plans to, in 2021, re-market GTA V / GTA V Online.

At this point GTA VI is vaporware anyways. Let's talk about it in 2023 if we've even really heard anything by then lol

(I could see them using GTA V next-gen as a chance to start marketing GTA VI.. but I'll believe it when I see it.. they might also be planning to milk the GTA V cow longer)
something cant be vaporware if it wasnt officially announced.

GTA 5 just happens to be a cash cow which sucks ass. gta 6 will come sometime for this gen

LED Guy?

Banned
120 FPS and 60 FPS suck!

Why you might say? Well, it will downgrade games in terms of graphics, AI, animations and everything else in any game.

You guys think you would’ve got something like TLOU 2 or RDR 2 if they ran at higher than 30 FPS on consoles? No, it’s impossible, they would be way lower than what we have now.

This is why I hate Microsoft’s new direction, Digital Foundry’s Alex Battaglia can eat a hot steamy Eggplant! 🍆🍆🍆

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

120 FPS and 60 FPS suck!

Why you might say? Well, it will downgrade games in terms of graphics, AI, animations and everything else in any game.

You guys think you would’ve got something like TLOU 2 or RDR 2 if they ran at higher than 30 FPS on consoles? No, it’s impossible, they would be way lower than what we have now.

This is why I hate Microsoft’s new direction, Digital Foundry’s Alex Battaglia can eat a hot steamy Eggplant! 🍆🍆🍆
Ideal situation is you get a choice of 2 highly optimized modes, one for framerate, one for detail.

PC gamers are a bit like Neo Geo owners. Yeah, your shit looks fire, but..um...you don't have Mario. Graphics really aren't the end-all for gaming IMO. Just give me the games I love. I'd have a Switch right now, if I cared anything for handheld gaming...but I don't. My mobile gaming now is reserved for idle&merge games, so I can get a feeling of progression while I work.
For me PC gamers are like jehovah's witnesses, no matter where on which forum you go, someone has to try and convince you to join lmao :p

IntentionalPun

I have a Switch, and a Wii-U though.. so, yes I have Mario.

Also have every Mario game up until the Wii-U era emulated on my PC.

iamvin22

Industry Verified

Preach brotha preach.

This is the exact same reason why I left pc gaming. Rinse and repeat and then now there's barely any pc exclusives to show the power. Devs don't even max out either because only 1% or even less own the cards

IntentionalPun

Hell I'm sitting at a 4 port KVM where I have a gaming PC, a PS4 Pro, and a Switch. The 4th port I had an Xbox One on but I never used it, so I actually plugged my fatty PS3 into it and might do some retro gaming.

I just press a button on a remote and voila my screen switches from PC to PS4 Pro, and can even use the keyboard in menus where you have to type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom