• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new "the initiative" presentation video

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

yoH8L8q.png

Bernkastel

The Initiative has an opening for an Experiential Director to capture the tone and vision of our hero gameplay for a new project out of our Santa Monica studio.
As Experiential Director, you will capture the emotion of the narrative, to create our hero gameplay sequences and supporting world storytelling to create memorable, engaging, and inspiring gameplay.
You will be able to clearly define goals to the team and align with the project mission and ambitions across disciplines. You will be able to take your years of experience in cinematic storytelling, camera work, lighting, and eye for tone and quality and create a unified vision across narrative and gameplay.
You are humble & versatile, have strong development and production-sense, and the expertise to inspire and mentor others to do their best work.
I feel like someone at Microsoft thought main character means hero. Ok...

Last edited:
Too bad they're not using that art for their upcoming game. Looks fucking epic, exactly the type of stuff that would appeal to Playstation gamers.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Too bad they're not using that art for their upcoming game. Looks fucking epic, exactly the type of stuff that would appeal to Playstation gamers.
It would be a dream come true to have both Xbox and Playstation making good big budget SP games

Bernkastel

Nothing wrong with being stoked for The Initiative as long they're working on a true AAA single player experience.
The Initiative has an opening for an Experiential Director to capture the tone and vision of our hero gameplay for a new project out of our Santa Monica studio.
As Experiential Director, you will capture the emotion of the narrative, to create our hero gameplay sequences and supporting world storytelling to create memorable, engaging, and inspiring gameplay.
You will be able to clearly define goals to the team and align with the project mission and ambitions across disciplines. You will be able to take your years of experience in cinematic storytelling, camera work, lighting, and eye for tone and quality and create a unified vision across narrative and gameplay.
You are humble & versatile, have strong development and production-sense, and the expertise to inspire and mentor others to do their best work.
Responsibilities
  • Work with our narrative team by creating documents to translate the high level story structure into minute to minute gameplay sequences
  • Work closely with the team to establish and execute a cinematic tone and style to ensure unified look and consistent quality throughout game experience
  • Develop pipelines and dependencies across narrative, game direction, scriptwriting, and in game cinematic experiences
  • Interpret script and define the look and feel of game experience through cinematography, camera, and lighting
  • Work with our narrative team by creating documents to translate the high-level story structure into minute to minute gameplay sequences
  • Assisting in hiring/selection of internal and external cinematics staff, talent, and partners
  • Collaborate across departments to create previz (storyboards/animatics), and production animations, camera, and lighting that help define the look and feel of the game

Bernkastel

JlvRyLa.png

Last edited:
JlvRyLa.png

Was in a Resetera thread yesterday where they posted where a lot of the devs come from. The Initiative is basically ex Sony Santa Monica and Naughty Dog devs. Very exciting!

I'd like a new Perfect Dark but I rather see something new tbh.

I know what you mean, same here. However since I've never played a PD game and the last one was at the 360 launch, I feel that if they are rebooting it from the ground up the only thing it will really have in common with previous games is the name and the overall universe, especially if it ends up being 3rd person.

SleepDoctor

Banned
I know what you mean, same here. However since I've never played a PD game and the last one was at the 360 launch, I feel that if they are rebooting it from the ground up the only thing it will really have in common with previous games is the name and the overall universe, especially if it ends up being 3rd person.

Honestly after seeing concept art from Chambers. I feel it'd be a crime not to allow them creative freedom on their first project to see what they can come up with.

I didn't play the PD on 360 besides the mp demo. Just never got around to it.

The Alien

Banned
Pretty exciting to see whatever they got going on.

A new IP would be nice, but done right, a Perfect Dark reboot could be killer.

A mature, atmospheric game dealing with a shadowy government conspiracy and some alien hunting. Throw in some stealth and a killer multiplayer (rumored to be made.The Coalition)...game could be awesome.

Top Bottom