• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Kart DS teaser trailer (europe)

Mario Kart Trailer

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/mariokartds/mariokartds_trailer/enGB/

Not bad. This'll work better over here than the NASCAR one would have...

Mario Kart minisites

There's also a Mario Kart related comic:
http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/mariokartds/mariokartds_comic/enGB/

And here's the official Euro site if you haven't seen it:
http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/mariokartds/

Nintendo Wifi site still coming soon, and the game releases in two days. Can't wait :D

Mario Kart DS bundle

2OR25Fx0K5i0SGe1F1VWjFa7eDaE9xVm.jpg

Nov 25th, £100 / €150

littlewig

Banned
Will that trailer air on Televsions across Europe?

It's awesome, a lot better than the shitty Nascar one that aired in the US. Nascar = lame.

Matlock

Banned
Barely any gameplay to be seen, let alone what makes Mario Kart special (the combination of racing and "fuck you that item is cheap")...

The US spot had every element of Mario Kart in every second. :p

also: :lol @ that comic, the girl with the pink DS looks like Paris Hilton.

mrkgoo

You know, we essentailly got the US version, I think... When you can't connect and stuff, it directs me to Nintendo.com or asks us to call a US number.

Now it's not the first time this has happened -Advance Wars1 was essentially a US version on launch, I suspect, to deal with the smaller release, and thus easier to fill quota for Australasia - but it caused problems later, when the Europe version finally launched. When it did, we strated rightfully getting Euro versions, and it was incompatible to link with the original launch games (US). OF course, they al have Australia on the box, but that's only because labels, boxes, and manuals are all made locally.

I was just wondering if the "US" version of MKS isn't indicative of the nature of worldwide releases for Nintendo now - to ensure true compatibility the world over, but also for simultaneous (or near) launches. You know, as Nintendo have said they want for Revolution. Now THAT would be a revolution!

mrkgoo

radioheadrule83 said:
Really dyou get the Euro/UK version early then?

*envy*

Well, I'm in New Zealand. We have a distributor for Nintendo who have contacts with Nintendo of Australia. All packaging is printed and code numbers have ***AUS on them. This differes by ***EUR, ***US, and ***JAP. We normally get UK VERSIONS of the games (seeing as they normally link fine, I assume, and have the multiple language options), just with Australia packaging. OCCASIONALLY, we get UK imports of certain games, and even MORE OCCASIONALLY, we get US games, complete with their respective codes. The latter has only happened during DS launch (example Zoo Keeper and Sprung - they even went as far as having teh "only to be sold in US and Mexico" crossed out with marker pen - and yes, I think it was all official). Only DS, because GC games differ in that the TV system is different - we cannot run NTSC games without some kind of hack.

So, I assume our Mario Kart DS is simply a US version with Australia packaging (and labels), and I'm curious as to which scenario this is:

a) Trying to get the smaller markets away and launched first, and doing so by getting US copies over.
b) Getting us early and over done with as above, but using the standard Europe verison, which just so happens to be the same as US, so that a simultaneous release is possible.
c) Getting Euro version, but all versions are identical for the reason of compatibility the world over - ie. no more versions between regions.

If c) is the case, I wonder what would happen to multilanguage options for Europe - but as I understand - all languages are programmed in before release, and the setting of your DS decides what lanugage it will be in. That would be great - all versions are the same!

And if THAT is the case, I wonder what they have in mind for Revolution - will PAL/NTSC be done at the same time, and all machines are essentially the same? ie. also optimised for PAL regions, or maybe they will say it is NTSC only (The bonus disc for Zelda released here, as well as Metroid Echoes, I beleive, were both NTSC only) - thus allowing simultaneous worlwide releases.

As far as I can figure, the delays that Europe gets between releases has nothing to do with Nintendo having little respect for other regions (as popular belief dictates), and everything to do with distribution - they want to make sure there is enough inventory for launch. Consequently, there is NEVER any shortage of titles on release day here. Of course, simultaneous releases worldwide will mean that games will be delayed overall to allow inventory for everywhere - but since this will be universal, it will be a transparent delay, and everyone will praise Nintendo for delaying release to the US, just to make inventory for Europe - because noone will know it's happening. So basically, teh way I see it current releases aren't DELAYED for Europe, so much as US get them EARLY.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
That trailer is much better then the crappy US one shown at the WiFi conference.

I also saw a bit of the commerical on that official website and heard it was kinda funny enforcing how there is WiFi in the game. Here's some impressions of the UK commerical:
IT ROCKS! I just saw it. First it shows 3 people. 1 in brazil, sitting in a cafe. 1 in the U.K sitting in a barbers. And the last in Japan on the toilet. All 3 are shaking, you can hear engines starting up. Suddenly boom, all 3 of them, on their seats zoom out of where they are and start driving around the streets. After about 20 seconds the race is finished. The JPN guy won, he's sitting in the middle of the street, on the toilet, with his pants down. Then a voiceover says 'Mario Kart:DS. Playable with Nintendo Wi-Fi. Play people from all over the world, it's free, easy to use, and safe.'

Top Bottom