• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New previews of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Neonep

I think a key fuck up about this game is that you are forced to use Mario and even worse you are forced to have a Rabbid on your team.

I like the inner case art.

dO5X5Zf.jpg

Future

Wtf am I actually gonna have to buy this game. Dismissed it months ago thinking it was just a Ubisoft team up cash grab bullshit

MattAces

I know impression has been great so far, but it sounds like I can beat the game in a weekend. Most people who got it on Friday or Saturday manage to reach final world already...?

I pre order from Amazon and delivery day is the 31st? I have prime too.

nevermind I ordered too late. whoops.
Do we know for sure if ppl who preordered it early on are getting it on launch day? I pre-ordered mine a month ago and the release date was the 31st. I mean, I guess it's relatively late, but still. A month in advance seems like plenty of time to me?

sleepnaught

Do we know for sure if ppl who preordered it early on are getting it on launch day? I pre-ordered mine a month ago and the release date was the 31st. I mean, I guess it's relatively late, but still. A month in advance seems like plenty of time to me?

Ordered mine a week or so after announcement and my scheduled delivery date is Tuesday.

rudger

Finally beat world one. Happy with the game so far. The first few missions were the typical easy tutorials with so few available abilities that I was starting to worry, but the depth ramped up by the end of it. I had heard there weren't many worlds, so I was pleasantly surprised to see the extra challenges attached to the first world after beating it.

I only failed to perfect two chapters and had no trouble getting perfects on my second try of each one. I can imagine going back to a few chapters just to see how few rounds are needed to beat each one.

Now if only I didn't suffer buyer paralysis when deciding which weapons to buy....or skills.

Karkador

Banned
I know impression has been great so far, but it sounds like I can beat the game in a weekend. Most people who got it on Friday or Saturday manage to reach final world already...?

Depends on you, I guess. I got it Friday and I'm probably 1/4 the way though. I wouldn't say this feels short, but I'm not much of a binge gamer.

Karkador

Banned
I had heard there weren't many worlds, so I was pleasantly surprised to see the extra challenges attached to the first world after beating it.

Same here. The first couple of challenges on world 1 felt a lot more puzzle ish, and it took me a couple of tries to get them.

jrDev

I think a key fuck up about this game is that you are forced to use Mario and even worse you are forced to have a Rabbid on your team.
Meh, not really...

It's called Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and you expected to not have both Mario (The main character) AND a Rabbid (The other main character(s)) on the team? Don't overthink this. Don't think there has ever been a precedent for Mario to not be IN your party in an RPG when it's his game.

KeRaSh

Those screenshots look delicious. Love all the different biomes and the colorfulness of this game.

Wait... This comes out tomorrow? I Just started Horizon Zero Dawn...

Machina

Banned
Those screenshots look delicious. Love all the different biomes and the colorfulness of this game.

Wait... This comes out tomorrow? I Just started Horizon Zero Dawn...

If my experience is anything to go by, you'll get bored of Horizon in about 5 or 6 hours or so anyway

El Odio

Banned
I pre order from Amazon and delivery day is the 31st? I have prime too.

nevermind I ordered too late. whoops.

If it's worth anything I believe MK8D the week of launch had an estimated delivery date of a month after the release date from amazon but my copy still managed to arrive within a normal timeframe. I really hope I don't have to wait till Thurs-Fri for this one.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if this game allows for grinding i.e. is there a set limit of combat encounters?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Anyone any suggestions for a snappy OT title as im finishing it this evening? :)
|OT| Good, good - let the rabbid hate flow through you!
|OT| Got rabies? BWAAHH!
|OT| What is this blasphemy? [ed:] superior version as suggested by Nitpicker_Red: |OT| What is this bwasphemy?

Majora

Damn, my team got completely wiped out for the first time on 2-8.

Does anyone know if this game allows for grinding i.e. is there a set limit of combat encounters?

You can kind of grind but I don't think it would really make much difference.

When you complete story missions you receive coins depending on the rank you get, and power orbs as well. You use coins to buy weapons and power orbs to advance your skill trees. There are also coins and orbs dotted throughout the world and in chests.

On your first time through a world you can't replay story missions in that world. Once you've completed a world you have two options. One is that you can walk through the world again looking for secrets you missed (you can't access all secrets first time through) and looking for extra challenge missions. You can get more orbs and coins doing these challenge missions. Story missions are disabled in this mode.

You can also choose to replay individual story missions using the rabbids time machine. You can do this to improve your initial rank and you will receive some coins for completing story missions a second time. However the amount of coins you receive for completing a story mission for the second time is a lot lower than your first time through. You also don't receive orbs again.

So, essentially, you can't grind orbs and this is what you need to level up your skills. You can grind coins to a degree, which enables you to buy more weapons, but the weapons you can buy are dictated by how far through the game you are.

So theoretically I guess you could keep replaying old missions until you have enough coins to buy the very best weapons currently available for each member of your team but this would be quite the chore and not really worthwhile.

To put it into perspective I decided to replay 1-7 as I didn't perfect it first time around. I got 200 coins for a perfect rating. The stage of the game I'm at (2-8), each top of the range weapon costs about 800-900 coins. And each character has a primary and secondary weapon.

I'd say just play the story missions, then go back and play the challenge missions and look for secrets, then perfect any story missions for completionists sake. But grinding old story missions for coins is not going to be very fruitful.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My pre-order from Ubi store just shipped. Let's see how long it takes to reach me.

|OT| Your princess is in another bunker

Anyone any suggestions for a snappy OT title as im finishing it this evening? :)

As a huge fan of both series let me attempt to combine stuff since that's a key element of this game's setting.

BWAAAHoo!!
A combination of the Rabbids' trademark BWAAAH!! scream and Mario's common Wahoo/Yahoo yell. I really like the combination of the two battle/jump cries. A good thing to write first after |OT| and before a full title.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle |OT| BWAAAHoo!! __________.

Maybe add an extra O at the end. BWAAAHooo!!

Strings

|OT| Not a jump game
|OT| Mind's telling me no... but my body! My body's telling me yes

When does it comes out in the australian or japanese eShops?

Japanese eShop is early next year. Australian... Who knows? Nintendo has been super inconsistent, with some games coming out 2-3 days late, etc.

Top Bottom