• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Louis CK Comedy Special "Sorry"

And Bill Burr is a c*ocksucking, arrogant piece of sh*t. That's just my personal opinion. He's f*cking trash

I think Bill Burr is at his best when he's being self-critical, and you don't have to look too far to find that sort of thing throughout his standup. The arrogance you're talking about is the result of growing up with an abusive father who confused aggressiveness and anger for masculinity. Burr talks a lot about having to deal with that sort of mindset. One of his earlier comedy bits is about not wanting to pass that sort of aggression along to his dog, and now he talks about needing to control that part of him for the sake of his family.

If you've only seen him in passing, I can get how you might get the impression that he's arrogant. As someone who has been listening to the man for years, though, I can say he's actually pretty open and vulnerable about his flaws.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
If you want to listen to Louis CK and Shane Gillis talk about every single president in American history...this is a great 6 hour podcast. Kind of interesting to see him in this kind of relaxed environment.

INC

Not huge fan of CK, He's more of comedians comedian, never had a belly laugh off him. Plus he has that whole creepy uncle vibe.
Like him more in a podcast format, just chatting

JonSnowball

Back to the Garden wasn't bad, but felt a bit inconsistent. For those who haven't seen it at this point you'd be better off waiting for the edited together version shot at the Dolby Theater that's due out in April.

Here's an old bit of his I enjoy to make this post less boring:

Top Bottom