• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Little Big Adventure teased on official facebook

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I dont know anything about this game but I fucking LOVE this 90's art style. Reminds me a bit of runescape, I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out.

Does the same still hold out well? Might play the original
The tank controls and the voice acting are pretty rough, but the level design is still wonderful. It can be had cheap on modern platforms so definitely give it a shot.

Last edited:

Verchod

I really enjoyed this game. I remember seeing this at a game show before it was released and got to play it.
This came out same year as Ecstatica, which was also awesome. Even though they're very different I kind of think of both games together.
Not surei could deal with the controls now, but the idea of your character having different states that effect your controls is really clever.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Was just thinking about this the other day. I remember reading a review saying how just the driving component in LBA2 was better than most games of the time haha.

Getting the car in LBA2 was so cool. It was a very good sequel that improved stuff in just the right places.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
For those who know nothing about this series, it was created by Frederick Raynal, the same person who created Alone in the Dark. He hasn't really made anything successful since then, but there you go.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

For those who know nothing about this series, it was created by Frederick Raynal, the same person who created Alone in the Dark. He hasn't really made anything successful since then, but there you go.
Toy Commander was pretty good. He was working on a promising survival horror game on Dreamcast called Agartha that got cancelled, and that was kind of the end of his AAA development career. He did work on a pretty good DS game called Soul Bubbles, and a very indie horror game called 2Dark that was underwhelming but not bad, but his more ambitious projects never got off the ground.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Toy Commander was pretty good. He was working on a promising survival horror game on Dreamcast called Agartha that got cancelled, and that was kind of the end of his AAA development career. He did work on a pretty good DS game called Soul Bubbles, and a very indie horror game called 2Dark that was not bad, but his more ambitious projects never got off the ground.

Yeah, Toy Commander was cool, but not really successful I believe.

And just like that my interest was immediately killed.

SF Kosmo

Thank Christ. I was worried it was going to be some Luna exclusive bullshit.
Yeah, it's a bit confusing, but they seem like they're trying to get away from the title which is too easily confused for Little Big Planet, while also making the new game a reboot/new entry point, so they're rebranding the past games to be consistent with the new one.

SF Kosmo

Bad news:

Today, I'm tasked with sharing a disappointing update. Despite our earnest efforts, we were unsuccessful in securing a publisher for the reboot of Twinsen's Little Big Adventure.

Why did this happen? Allow me to distill the key reasons:

• Genre Constraints: The market for standalone action-adventure games presents substantial challenges. With fierce competition and a lack of community-oriented features, publishers tend to shy away from this genre.
  • IP Recognition: Despite a passionate, albeit small, community of fans, Twinsen's Little Big Adventure isn't globally recognized, which added to the hesitations of potential publishers.
  • Cost and Scale: While indie game studios can often deliver remarkable games with lean teams (as we've seen with Death’s Door and Tunic), our vision for this project involved a team of 15 to 20 people, echoing the original game's size. This considerable investment, juxtaposed with the risk inherent to the genre and IP, was a factor in the decision.
What's the path forward? With a heavy heart, we've halted our work on the reboot and, for the moment, regard the project as canceled. This allows us to channel our focus and energy into the remastered version of Twinsen's Little Big Adventure (TLBA Remastered). We will explore whether we can reincorporate the reboot's ideas into the remaster, but that's a conversation for another time.

What does this mean for our team? Regrettably, we are reducing our team size. Letting dedicated members go is a tough and painful part of this process, but it's a decision driven by our current circumstances.

So, what's the next step? We're exploring two main avenues for TLBA Remastered: finding a suitable publisher or self-publishing. The rationale for seeking a publisher for the remaster aligns with that of the reboot, but the substantially lower cost offers a compelling difference. We will know more in the coming weeks. For the self-publishing route, we will need additional funds (Patreon?) and are considering collaboration with another studio.

You may wonder if these challenges have dampened our spirits or diminished our motivation. I assure you, it's quite the opposite! Our confidence is buoyed by the phenomenal feedback from our recent playtest. With 4000 participants and 2000 detailed feedback forms, we're immensely grateful. A remarkable 33% of you rated the experience a 9 or 10/10, and 80% scored us a 7 or higher. We're excited to improve and grow from this constructive feedback.

The future of Twinsen hangs in the balance over the next few weeks. Rest assured, we are wholly committed to turning the tide.

Thank you for your understanding and unwavering support.

Best regards,

Ben

ZoukGalaxy

Bad news:
Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX
computer rage GIF

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo......................

tom cruise no GIF

F*** F*** and F*** !

Top Bottom