• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fatal Inertia screens (PS3)

Mmmkay

Shinobi said:
I haven't said it looks like crap. I'm not sure what to think of it. The pics don't do much for me, but as I said before how it looks in motion could make the whole look more impressive then the mere sum of it's parts.

And I didn't say this game looks only as good as Orta. I said the pics reminded me of those Orta pics. So it's a perfectly suitable comparison since I'm simply comparing the pics, not the games themselves (which are completely different types of games anyway).
Well, that was me saying the game looks like crap, but err anyway yes let's call the whole thing off. :)

GeoramA said:
Looks pretty decent for a 1st-gen Koei game. A trailer would be more telling though since physics are supposed to be this game's biggest attraction.
You are kidding right? Racers on Xbox 1 look better than this crap.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
FI is starting to look like it may have a chance of being a decent title. The visuals are nice enough and weapons described in the GS preview along with the mention of location-specific attacks and damage that affects performance accordingly sounds like it could offer some rather varied and chaotic racing scenarios.

Yoboman

Kittonwy said:
In Tortondo, if I have any kind of skill I would apply for a job there, but then I don't, that's why I work in a bank.
gladtomeetya.gif
Apply in London, France.:)

Chris_C

It looks average, unfortunately today's gamers don't know the meaning of the word, it's either "shit hot" or "teh suck".

BigBoss

Maxwell House said:
The PDZ Orta screenshots are without a doubt more impressive than the Fatal Inertia ones.

Of course they're, Orta was never released on a Sony console so it must be better...

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Maxwell House said:
The PDZ Orta screenshots are without a doubt more impressive than the Fatal Inertia ones.

Looks like the cataracts gotcha

Fortunately for you, laser surgery is becoming cheaper and cheaper.

X26

Banned
Maxwell House said:

It is sad that the $599 ubermachine PS3 is even being compared to a 6 year old Xbox, isn't it?

atleast put SOME effort into your trolling, xbot

TheDuce22

Banned
Those first few months of 360s life every new title was compared to some xbox or ps2 game that supposedly looked just as good. This thread is just the neverending GAF circle of hate coming back around... or something like that. :)

Speevy

Banned
What is going on tonight with the trolling? Good grief, they're just screenshots of game that has significantly improved. I hope any entry in this genre turns out great, because there are so few games like it.

tHoMNZ

the water shader looks like something from 3 years ago
the rocks look nice though

but meh, pretty dull if you ask me

Stop kidding yourselfs, if this was a 360 game there would be non stop sabotage xbox 1.5 posts. It looks bad for a ps3 game and i am expecting better out of my machine come launch for £425.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
supermackem said:
Stop kidding yourselfs, if this was a 360 game there would be non stop sabotage xbox 1.5 posts. It looks bad for a ps3 game and i am expecting better out of my machine come launch for £425.
Stop kidding yourself, you're not really buying a PS3 at launch or anytime soon after.

jett

D-Member
That looks like complete ASS, and I'm seriously in disbelief at some dudes saying it looks "fine", "good", "all right" or any other positive remark. WTF PEOPLE?

Oneself

jett said:
That looks like complete ASS, and I'm seriously in disbelief at some dudes saying it looks "fine", "good", "all right" or any other positive remark. WTF PEOPLE?

I positively think it looks fine, good and all right. WTF DUDE?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Crap, I said it looks "nice enough". I've fallen foul of jett's superior standards. But if this is the very definition of "Complete ASS" how will I describe games like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance that look worse? Surely there's no ass more complete than complete ASS...is there? Help me, Jett.

M3Freak

Banned
How will these hi-res games look on low-res, standard definition televisions? Won't most of the detail be obliterated?

I'm itching for a 1080P Sony, but I also need a new car, so the television purchase is out the window for another two years, maybe more.

I'm going to be doing my PS3 gaming on crappy low res! :(

kaching said:
Crap, I said it looks "nice enough". I've fallen foul of jett's superior standards. But if this is the very definition of "Complete ASS" how will I describe games like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance that look worse? Surely there's no ass more complete than complete ASS...is there? Help me, Jett.
Two ass games don't make a right.

jett

D-Member
kaching said:

"complete ASS" isn't Fatal Inertia exclusive. Asses are free for the taking.

TheDuce22

Banned
Effulgence said:
This is the worst title coming out for PS3 at launch and it looks better than most for 360. Good deal.

I knew it was coming eventually. It never fails with these ps3 threads. :lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Maxwell House said:
Two ass games don't make a right.
I don't recall where I said it did. I'm just looking for a more defined scale for describing crap graphics, because if it bottoms out at "Complete ASS" with FI then it's going to be woefully unprepared to describe the depths we're likely to see graphics sink to beyond what FI demonstrates.
Jett said:
"complete ASS" isn't Fatal Inertia exclusive. Asses are free for the taking.
Coming from someone with such a refined eye for visuals I can't see how that would be good enough! Any true connisseur has a much wider range of vocabulary to describe the highs and lows of their chosen area of appreciation. Don't hold back, Jett, I want to learn to truly appreciate game graphics like you do.

jett

D-Member
kaching said:
Coming from someone with such a refined eye for visuals I can't see how that would be good enough! Any true connisseur has a much wider range of vocabulary to describe the highs and lows of their chosen area of appreciation. Don't hold back, Jett, I want to learn to truly appreciate game graphics like you do.

You're being really anal about the whole thing.

Top Bottom