• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Devil May Cry Book+Dvd

9906082301.jpg

http://www.e-capcom.com/shop/?goods=9906082301

A bit off topic, but a friend keeps telling me there is an official movie in the works and it's going to have a 100 million plus budget. Has anyone heard of this?

Saoh

Sugarman said:
A bit off topic, but a friend keeps telling me there is an official movie in the works and it's going to have a 100 million plus budget. Has anyone heard of this?

there is a fan movie in the works

sky

Sounds like a story/art book detailing the plot from the 3 games, plus a dvd of the DMC4 trailer, from last TGS (?) ...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Sugarman said:

the rights have been bought(by the same people who bought onimusha's and tekken's rights)

but it hasn't gotten anywhere yet.

Brobzoid

Can anyone confirm what the hell this is? I mean, I can see it's a book. but is it consept art, story over-view, novels, whut!?

Jacobi

Banned
Brobzoid said:
the rights have been bought(by the same people who bought onimusha's and tekken's rights)

but it hasn't gotten anywhere yet.
No. I think there were already Screens on gamefront. Or was it even a trailer ?

Brobzoid

Jacobi said:
No. I think there were already Screens on gamefront. Or was it even a trailer ?

the screens(a pic of lady, and a pic of dante) were from the fan film that is being released sometime around late september.

Sugarman said:
The fan movie or an official movie?

The spiel is that it's a fan movie being directed by R.L Scott. He does have experience as a director and writer (wrote Underworld). But mainly he's a blackbelt in martial arts, as is nearly everyone one working on the film even the producer. It's a fan-film with an unusually high budget that cannot be profited to the public since Capcom has not giving shadowmotion pictures the rights.

The reason of producing an expensive short film (it's 45 minutes long) is to show it to various film production companies and Capcom representatives. In hopes to get the rights and the possibility to helm a full-budget DMC theatrical film, instead of getting the 30 million shit cookie budgets most game to film adapations have been getting thus far.

As for this artbook and dvd, goddamn I can't keep track of all this -- only if they'd get released here in the United States and Europe.

However, it just naturally seems that the Japanese eat this stuff up more -- considering so many 'packages' for Capcom games (let alone the ones for Onimusha, DMC, and RE) have been released and keep getting released, thereby I assume they sell profitible over there in Japan.

Brobzoid

The Take Out Bandit said:
Wow, talk about a match made in my colon and shat into being.

If I were a fan of this crap, I'd be afraid - very afraid.

he claims they re-wrote the script to hell and back...

The director, Wiseman I think, rewrote the script several times over, to the point where it was unrecognizable save for the underlying concept of Vampires vs. Werewolves. As such, Wiseman was given writing credit for the movie.

Top Bottom