• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa V3 website updated w/ character/box art, screenshots

Love the cover art.

The wait until its localization is going to be hell, considering this releases in January. The Internet will become a minefield again.

So it's not the same current world?

No, the current canon (DR0/DR1/DR2/DRAE/DR3) is supposed to end with the finale of the Danganronpa 3 anime that's currently airing.

mrmickfran

I love the box art. It's so colorful.

Also, the guy in the white looks like the Devil Survivor 2 protag

maxresdefault.jpg

First Yu Narukami, now this? Spike, leave Atlus alone.

i see the boxart has the new kids doing their ultimate poses

need to see the boxart larger so we can speculate on everyone's ultimate titles

Love the cover art. Hoping we get a 2017 release for this.

I like the concept of the scrum debates, hopefully they work well in the game.

Cap boy is the second largest character on the cover. And he has a secret ahoge.

With 3 ahoges a protagonist shift wouldn't surprise me, although just based off of early impressions it would suck lose Kaede.

i see the boxart has the new kids doing their ultimate poses

need to see the boxart larger so we can speculate on everyone's ultimate titles

Looks like the short guy is holding a tennis racket. The big guy has a bug catching case around his waist, Kaede has a musical note skirt and hair pins, and the guy with spiky purple hair from the trailer has a space/galaxy design on the inside of his jacket.

Those Children of Monokumas are those kids in Ultra Despair Girls aren't they...urghh...

If this game is more Ultimate Despair Girls than I'm not sure I even want to play it tbh

Yeah, I sure fucking hope that's not what's happening. I had the same reaction at first glance but it's really only the far left more clunky looking one that actually fits one of the kids; the others just have the same colors and that really doesn't indicate too much.

After what's happening in 3, I'm actually ready to believe that's the end of that universe and this is, as they've claimed, a reboot. I really hope it's that.

It can't be them so don't worry. I highly doubt V3 is a full on reboot but after DR3 it won't be those kids

GSR

I want the twist to be the main character is despair or she just bites it and is the first victim of the game.

This is still where my money is (first or second victim.) Robo-boy's got an even bigger ahoge and is dead center on the cover, he was shown off in the initial teaser art, and they're making a huge deal about Kaede being the protagonist and having a popular actress voicing her (who also played Junko in the DR stage plays.) If ever Kodaka was going to play the "kill the protag -> perspective switch" card, it's now.

Or robo-boy's the Nagito role turned up to 10.

oggob

I know that V3 is making a debut on PS4... but with the first two games hitting Steam, I would love a complete collection on the PS4 also... could be a great release to have in the lead up to the release of this...

Boxart is amazing, hopefully localisation wont be too long, will be here Day one for Vita and PS4...

I'm so excited for this series to get a fresh start. Much more interested in the setting than the characters so this new tale of despair should be a breath of fresh air.

I should prolly watch the D3 anime then. Is it close to being finished?

Very. It's split into two arcs. Future and Despair. Future's final episode airs next Monday, Despair has two remaining; one this Thursday and one next.

Hmm. I know they said it wouldn't be connected, but there are a few characters in there that share featured with past characters...

I can't believe this is coming to PS4 but not the first two games. C'mon Spike Chunsot, why do you have to put these games on platforms I can't play them on. The first two games would've been fine on 3DS or PS4. How am I, a fan of niche Japanese entertainment products about death games suppose to get into your series then?

BTA

I'm so excited for this series to get a fresh start. Much more interested in the setting than the characters so this new tale of despair should be a breath of fresh air.

Very. It's split into two arcs. Future and Despair. Future's final episode airs next Monday, Despair has two remaining; one this Thursday and one next.

To clarify this: two episodes are aired each week, one Future and one Despair. Even though Future is a sequel and Despair is a prequel, you are specifically intended to alternate between them, watching DR3 in the order that it airs (Future 1 -> Despair 1 -> Future 2, etc.).

EDIT:

I can't believe this is coming to PS4 but not the first two games. C'mon Spike Chunsot, why do you have to put these games on platforms I can't play them on. The first two games would've been fine on 3DS or PS4. How am I, a fan of niche Japanese entertainment products about death games suppose to get into your series then?

The first two games were originally on PSP, so they ended up being ported to Vita. When that port came out, the PS4 wasn't out yet. Sony's been pushing the series at conferences lately so I doubt they'd jump to Nintendo. But they are working on a VR thing for PS VR, so I guess they plan on doing that rather than a PS4 port.

Black Hat

I know that V3 is making a debut on PS4... but with the first two games hitting Steam, I would love a complete collection on the PS4 also... could be a great release to have in the lead up to the release.

This so much!

Can't imagine it happening though sadly.

ffvorax

If you really are, you MUST buy a PSVITA... it's a paradise of these kind of games!

That said, I'm really enjoying the Anime.. at first I was not entirely convinced, but now that only three episodes remains... it's just so good and better than I could ever expected...

About the new game, I'm ok with the "reboot" or at least the fact that the old characters will not be there, when we like a lot a product we want always more of it, but that is not always the best for the franchise... to end of an awesome story is the best to not ruin it just to make fans happy.

EmiPrime

I stopped watching the anime because I hate Teruteru the rapist,
he would have ruined Danganronpa 2 for me if he hadn't been killed off so early on
. I'll marathon the Future side when all the episodes are out.

Razmos

I stopped watching the anime because I hate Teruteru the rapist,
he would have ruined Danganronpa 2 for me if he hadn't been killed off so early on
. I'll marathon the Future side when all the episodes are out.
He's gotten like, 1 more line since then. Despair has barely focused on the DR2 cast at all since the first few episodes.

You should definitely watch Despair as a lot of things in future won't make sense without it.

Looks pretty damn fantastic! Do we have an word on a US/EU localisation and release date yet? Did a quick google-fu but couldn't see anything specific.

EmiPrime

He's gotten like, 1 more line since then. Despair has barely focused on the DR2 cast at all since the first few episodes.

You should definitely watch Despair as a lot of things in future won't make sense without it.

Oh phew. Thanks!

Teruteru going beyond the perv trope and being an actual rapist then
Asahina getting killed off
had me thinking anime really was a mistake. Still bummed about the latter, I hope the payoff is worth it.

Eumi

Wait you play as a girl in this one?

Yes! More Japanese games with female protagonists is always a good thing. Especially when they aren't attached to bad spin offs.

Capndrake

Oh phew. Thanks!

Teruteru going beyond the perv trope and being an actual rapist then
Asahina getting killed off
had me thinking anime really was a mistake. Still bummed about the latter, I hope the payoff is worth it.
If that's where you stopped watching I'd love to see your reaction to the next Future episode.

Everyone: Danganronpa V3 is a reboot of Danganronpa, nothing from the first games will carry over and thus this is a fresh start for the serie-

DRV3:
tumblr_inline_odmjyrsdNB1rjihj3_500.gif

it's always going to be Junko Enoshima.

Tizoc

Wait you play as a girl in this one?

Yes! More Japanese games with female protagonists is always a good thing. Especially when they aren't attached to bad spin offs.
Japanese female protagonists isnt anything new

Daouzin

My first introduction to the series was Despair Girls and I loved it. I'll definitely be playing the first two in anticipation for this game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So I haven't kept up with this game at all. All I knew was the third proper Danganronpa game was coming. Cool! Now I'm finding out it's not actually a sequel. It's a reboot? Uh huh. I'm confused. Like a totally new universe or what? Like, the game is acting as if the first two games didn't happen?

NEO0MJ

So I haven't kept up with this game at all. All I knew was the third proper Danganronpa game was coming. Cool! Now I'm finding out it's not actually a sequel. It's a reboot? Uh huh. I'm confused. Like a totally new universe or what? Like, the game is acting as if the first two games didn't happen?

Supposedly it's going to be Seperate from the whole Hope's Peak series, though I doubt it's a full on reboot.

Top Bottom