• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Volunteers Initiative Sign Up (BETA)

Melon

Banned
Wanted to give a quick public Thank You to EssKayZee EssKayZee and Melon Melon for all the hard work they have been doing. It's a huge contribution to this community.

Thank you so much, that means a lot! NeoGAF is starting to become something wonderful, and I am glad to be a part of it. You guys seriously rock, and I'm loving every second.

Corderlain

Banned
I'm going to be real with everyone I don't think AfricanKing can do unbiased political threads when they're pretty racist and hyper partisan.

In an effort to keep ontopic, what's everyone's opinion of a semi consistent game reviewer posting in Gaming? I've been interested to get into it due to the pervasive politics infecting games journalism and reviewers. Due to the holidays and current work schedule it's unlikely I'd be able to start until January. Would this be something people are interested in? Would this be something allowed say if I had a youtube channel and linked to video reviews there or would it need to be mostly a text review(entirely doable)?

Right now Gaming Discussion acts as a sort of news aggregate and could use some diversity. I guess this could qualify as OC if it's something people would be interested in Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese so go ahead and throw me up there.

Last edited:
I'm going to be real with everyone I don't think AfricanKing can do unbiased political threads when they're pretty racist and hyper partisan.

In an effort to keep ontopic, what's everyone's opinion of a semi consistent game reviewer posting in Gaming? I've been interested to get into it due to the pervasive politics infecting games journalism and reviewers. Due to the holidays and current work schedule it's unlikely I'd be able to start until January. Would this be something people are interested in? Would this be something allowed say if I had a youtube channel and linked to video reviews there or would it need to be mostly a text review(entirely doable)?
My suggestion in terms of your opinion on AfricanKing AfricanKing political threads is to pm the 3 of us and show how you feel they aren’t unbiased. However make sure they are threads created since volunteering. Not before.

Second question is would be addressed to EviLore EviLore and the staff as to whether it’s ok.

Last edited:

Corderlain

Banned
My suggestion in terms of your opinion on AfricanKing AfricanKing political threads is to pm the 3 of us and show how you feel they aren’t unbiased. However make sure they are threads created since volunteering. Not before.

Second question is would be addressed to EviLore EviLore and the staff as to whether it’s ok.

That's a fair point. Past posts shouldn't stop someone from putting forth a new foot. I guess consider my complaint retracted.

EviLore EviLore This could potentially have some impact on your site due to ad revenue and other things I frankly don't understand at this point. Is there a set rule on linking to personal content? I can definitely see where it would be considered self advertisement. Would a text based review hosted locally be better?

just gonna drop this little bombshell and point out the 2017 B/S/T thread is ~25 posts away from max posts.

would be good to prep for the next one or reboot it for NeoNeogaf

Wings 嫩翼翻せ Wings 嫩翼翻せ Redneckerz Redneckerz captainraincoat captainraincoat DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi Helios Helios El_Belmondo El_Belmondo IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo J-Roderton J-Roderton cormack12 cormack12 AeonGaidenRaiden AeonGaidenRaiden @LegendOfKage Unknown Quantity Unknown Quantity Bullet Club Bullet Club TrainedRage TrainedRage AfricanKing AfricanKing dorkimoe dorkimoe Blam Blam @Proteus WinterIsComing WinterIsComing Dirk Benedict Dirk Benedict Domisto Domisto It's Jeff It's Jeff J JORMBO Ichabod Ichabod Ivellios Ivellios Typhares Typhares Melon Melon EssKayZee EssKayZee

It's 2019 volunteers. Thank you for all your hard work thru and ending 2018 and starting 2019 off right.

Please let me know if there is anything you need or that I can help with.

Also to volunteers and non volunteers, please share any comments or concerns you want voiced.

J-Roderton

You're just an intern, you ain't got no say boi

giphy.gif

Top Bottom