• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF |OT| Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speely

Banned
Hi NeoGAF. You have all been a big part of my life. That might sound pathetic or whatever, but I have followed and been a part of this community since it was old GAF. It has not only provided some of the most epic threads (funny, revealing, beautiful, or otherwise,) but also helped me personally by being a safe place to discuss aspects of my life in a well-moderated, inclusive environment. It has been both a pop culture aggregate, source of infinite mirth, and a very personal source of catharsis through various issues, both mine and those of others.

That last part is what made GAF special to me. The fact that I could share silly 'shops and gifs and IN THE SAME PLACE talk about sensitive issues in my life and get honest responses in a way that only great moderation can ensure meant a lot to me.

All that said: Despite what the truth is about these allegations, the way that Tyler handled it reeks of dishonesty (and was definitively shown to be at times,) and I have no desire to be a part of just another game site that has no social context, especially one where the owner silences voices in the fashion that he has.

Let me be clear: I don't know who is telling the truth and who is not. What I DO know is the way the owner of this site has handled himself in relation to both those allegations and past activity online is unethical. Tyler looks bad, but more importantly, he has handled it badly.

I believe STRONGLY that the medium of video games has been compromised by bigotry and exclusion. In light of this, I cannot be part of this site anymore because the owner's words and actions have suggested that he does not agree, and indeed the new direction of the site directly conflicts with what made me love it initially.

I am a bit heartbroken. I feel let down. NeoGAF was unique and weird and wonderful. It was a part of my life and now it's not.

I won't make any nasty comments, but I will not be coming back. Ever. Please ban me, as I would rather not be part of the membership here.

Thank you to all the amazing mods and members that made this place special. Hope to see you elsewhere.

<3

Baconmonk

Hi there, I had a good time here too. Been here over a decade, met a bunch of good people and played a ton of video games with em. Sad to see the place go.

On to better things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom