• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2016 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (Happy New Year)!

jbueno

Yay, more Amiibo. Only two I was really looking forward really. Maybe I´ll still get Samus.

cmKMU8Y.png

Love that wallet. How much did it run you? You have great taste btw! Love the stuff you pick up.

Thanks for the kind words! It's funny how I ended up with that wallet as all of the other Paul Smith wallets that were on sale did nothing for me. This one I bought on the recommendation of one of the staffers at the shop, was the last new one they had (only the display one is left). They had a black and brown in that style as well, but I love the pop of the red.

Wallet after tax in San Francisco was about $160.

Now for my low-key pick ups from Friday:
22C37AC0-65F2-40D5-BB0C-7D6C93F94B15_zpsfc0mybox.jpg

illusionary

First pickups of the year, filling out my PS4 collection with Divinity: Original Sin and Wasteland 2, plus I couldn't really say no to a physical copy of Terraria for £3.50. All of the positive talk about Life Is Strange around GotY discussions also convinced me to pick up the game's physical release.

The FF XIII-2 guide was just bought as a cheap filler item to make an Amazon order up to a minimum qualifying value for a promotion.

FXiwge9.jpg

Oh yes, and Tales from the Borderlands dropped cheap enough in the EU PSN sale for me to bite:

xP0RkQa.jpg

Finally, I may have to supplement these with The Witness shortly, but otherwise that'll be me done for January.

Trickytoon

Neo Member
Finally got sick of running with my phone and invested in a Tom Tom Runner Cardio Fitness Watch. Bonus points for having an integrated heart rate monitor and the ability to automatically upload runs to Endomondo.

For software its exclusively retro pickups for me this month, re-buying my childhood one game at a time. Sonic box is in poor condition but the price was right and its otherwise complete.

Picked up a Steam Link and Steam Controller, went in with low expectations given the love/hate sentiment on various sites but I've been wowed by the (wired) performance of the link and and the controller itself.

Laws00

ok here is my (first) new car

My white 2016 Honda Civic EX

20160125_181325_zpsn97iglq4.jpg

20160125_171548_zpsoun6lps5.jpg

20160125_171501_zpsyoedarju.jpg

20160125_171433_zpssyjwvnlw.jpg

And a bad photo of the inside lol i'll take better photos once the snow isn't as crowded as it

20160125_171517_zpsntj9xsvh.jpg

FireCloud

ok here is my (first) new car

My white 2016 Honda Civic EX

[IMGhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/musashi1000/My%20car/20160125_181325_zpsn97iglq4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/musashi1000/My%20car/20160125_171548_zpsoun6lps5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/musashi1000/My%20car/20160125_171501_zpsyoedarju.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/musashi1000/My%20car/20160125_171433_zpssyjwvnlw.jpg[/IMG]

And a bad photo of the inside lol i'll take better photos once the snow isn't as crowded as it

[IMGhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/musashi1000/My%20car/20160125_171517_zpsntj9xsvh.jpg[/IMG]

Congrats. Looks like a nice car. You may want to either remove or obscure the picture with your license plate though.

I've been meaning to post this in December but forgot some I'm combining my December + January pick ups. This is going to be a lengthy post...

Nexus 6 + Spigen case + tempered glass protector. Needed an upgrade from my Note 3 and I thought that phone was big but the N6 is HUGE.
MGoCNqd.jpg

Persona Vita and Persona Q 3DS. Were on sale on Amazon for $30 CAD each, a complete steal!
HPrcRFC.jpg

PSVita slim. Much lighter than the OG Vita making it better for travel I think.
KpPVOxd.jpg

Assorted items from Christmas :D
BDMc8Ks.jpg

More items from Christmas :D
mI3QVeo.jpg

LeBron 12 Elite Elevate. I normally don't buy high-end basketball shoes so this was my first ever pair.
1i2GdIF.jpg

Another shot of them. Such amazing amount of detail.
LtOwdPc.jpg

Nvidia Shield console and 8Bitdo SNES BT controller. The Shield is incredible. Runs pretty much any android game smoothly and plays 4K content from youtube without a hitch. I haven't tried Netflix 4k but I'm sure it won't have an issue with playback. Runs various emulators very well too!
LbTqqsg.jpg

This controller I bought for the Shield to play SNES roms and I have to say, this controller is great. It looks and feels so much like the original SNES controller.
AcJtx6G.jpg

My new gaming treasure. Sega Naomi Universal Arcade Cabinet. I really wanted to own an arcade machine as a kid. Specifically, the Japanese-style candy cabinet. So when I saw an online ad for this, I just had to get it. This unit worked but was really dirty so I spent a lot of time cleaning/restoring it to stock condition.
This was how I originally got it. The previous owner franken-installed a Street Fighter 2 control panel on it.
sPooocS.jpg

And now the after. Thoroughly cleaned it. Shortened the legs so it can be played on a chair. I also installed a proper Sega panel with Sanwa sticks and buttons. I can tell you that sourcing old arcade parts here in Canada is very difficult. I had to import most of it.
l8mBGbj.jpg

But it was totally worth it. Running arcade version of Marvel vs Capcom 2 like a champ!
C7Rzl3X.jpg

Razer Leviathan soundbar + subwoofer to go with...
AwyJf4V.jpg

55" 4K Sony TV. Watching 4K youtube content is amazing!
BTFhKsJ.jpg

At this point, the amount of damage to my wallet is beyond repair.

I still want to do more upgrades to the arcade however.

AlfaTrion

DSCN16771_zpsuvbfsjic.jpg

Just a few t-shirts for the month.
these ARE AWESOME!

And now the after. Thoroughly cleaned it. Shortened the legs so it can be played on a chair. I also installed a proper Sega panel with Sanwa sticks and buttons. I can tell you that sourcing old arcade parts here in Canada is very difficult. I had to import most of it.
l8mBGbj.jpg

But it was totally worth it. Running arcade version of Marvel vs Capcom 2 like a champ!
C7Rzl3X.jpg

Great job, man! Yeah getting parts here is a huge pain. Even HAPP controls from the States get hit with customs hard.

eXistor

mnGRB8G.jpg

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters. Heard great things about it.

Lucas Amiibo. One step closer to Amiibo salvation. When the SSB line is complete I'm done with them except for special ones like Zelda stuff.

SMW-style Yoshi. I already have a few other figures in this line (Link, Zelda 1 style stuff like that), this is the last one I wanted.

Totally Rad - NES, pretty fun Mega Man-ish game. Not nearly as good as any Mega Man though, but fun enough.

NeatoKuni

My father gave me his old computer since mine shit itself a few months back. I spray painted it and put teddie on it. I wish I put him on the bottom but I still think it's v cute. (ignore the snapchat filter)

My father got me the new grimes Vinyl

my mother got me melanie martinez's EP on vinyl. limited of 3000 and my dad got us tickets to see her in boston.

Olengie

Flea Market. Lot of competition here since RetroLiberty and a few other youtubers frequent it. the Dreamcast game is Phantasy Star Online 2 for those wondering. Everything for 26. Not shown: Spiderman: Revenge of the Green Goblin, Batman: Knightfall Part 3, and Pokemon Ranger.

Traded in WWE All Stars to GS.

Thrift Store, all for $8. Wish they had more Scooby Doo

these ARE AWESOME!

Great job, man! Yeah getting parts here is a huge pain. Even HAPP controls from the States get hit with customs hard.

Yep, especially now with our crummy canuck buck. I had to import parts from Hong Kong, Spain, and Belgium and shipping costs were a pain but expected. Still need some more parts but I think I can get them locally.

How do you like the soundbar? Been thinking about getting one!

For the price, its good for a bed room setup for your mid-size TV or PC. Don't expect it to blow away your friends if you have a home theater in your living room. Sound is good, much better than my television. You can also connect your phone to it since it has bluetooth for audio playback.

However there are some cons. The subwoofer connects straight to the soundbar and the cable isn't that long. And it doesn't come with a remote so you'll either have to walk up to turn it on everytime or just leave it on. They're working on an mobile app to control it but don't expect it anytime soon.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Got a jacket that commemorates my favorite movie of all time, 'Coming to America' !!

12523731_1682980501986274_1632904051_n.jpg

That garment bag though? Long live Zamunda!

For reference...

tumblr_lgni48wuyE1qd384ho1_500.jpg

marcincz

Unfortunately January without Trails of Cold Steel. I hope next week it comes.
LiS is my new GOTY of 2015. Great, brillant, wonderful, amazing game.

Top Bottom