• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2016 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (Happy New Year)!

oblo

ecwDlAp.png

Decided to try and give my Vita some love again, haven't really booted it up in a loooong time.

komplanen

Great purchase :D. The white PS4 is the best PS4 :p. How big is the TV?

Also is it common to have your PS+ and PS Store codes in game-sized boxes?

Thanks! The new model with everything matte really looks amazing in white.

The TV is a 2011 model 55" Philips that is definitely going to get replaced once I have the money.

In Finland we've had PSN stuff in game sized boxes since the beginning on PS3. It's a nice way to get "free" (as in "on the side") game boxes since they're exactly the same as PS4 games use and used to be the same as PS3 games had.

lem0n

New car :D

2015 Fiat 500 Sport (5 speed manual)

12370729_10153380867651otp.jpg

Haven't got any games lately because I'm still getting through Forza 6, DiRT Rally, Fallout 4 and I just started Skyrim again for the 5th time.... sigh.

I need to stop spending money!!

Liife is Strange LE

Cold Fear, Blinx

Duck Dynasty (I told myself when it was less that ten bucks I will buy it. Well it was $6 so I was true to my word.)
WRC 5

Quake Wars, Etrain Mystery Dungeon

ReRev2, Stick it to the Man (I don't even own a PS4)

Been wanting this forever and finally bought it.

Some new music. Juicy J, Blaze

Two new hoodies.

My monthly TacPack subscription box.

Koppai

qaGz8AN.jpg

My friend just picked this up for me in Mexico for my husband. I tried to find a way to import it to no avail. People were charging $100 for it on ebay. Funny thing is the game is made in the US but only digital here. Supposedly it has Spanish and Portuguese voice acting as well as the Japanese, but only on the physical release. My friend said it was only 900 pesos, so $50! :)

Picked this up on sale at Best Buy + GCU:
79C0C364-1E1A-46D5-B419-4E062FE5FE3E_zpsgchuepio.jpg

And this book, the head of my firm decided to buy copies for practically everyone in the office and we're scheduled to have a lunch presentation by the author next month. The subject matter alone is something I'm anxious to dive into:
E2BD8EB9-D674-47AB-9082-142242E92F00_zps8yx9re7z.jpg

Got a bunch of other stuff this month but this is the most recent with a couple photos I have to hand....

Aluminium Sticks to replace the worn-and-torn rubber ones on my PS4 pad

And some Die Cast triggers to replace the sticking R2 (plastic arm that holds the spring had broken). Please with the result of both and shouldn't be having any more breakages!

Got a bunch of other stuff this month but this is the most recent with a couple photos I have to hand....

And some Die Cast triggers to replace the sticking R2 (plastic arm that holds the spring had broken). Please with the result of both and shouldn't be having any more breakages!

Where did you get the components? The die cast triggers in particular? That looks sweet!

MrNineties

The replacement sticks, do you find them more slippery or would they hold up for long sessions, sweaty hands etc. ?

The replacement sticks, do you find them more slippery or would they hold up for long sessions, sweaty hands etc. ?

Hmmm I dunno, they have been fine for me, and there is some texturing around the rim for extra grip, but to be honest my thumbs don't sweat really, so with really clammy hands I guess the sticks may get a bit slick?

hydruxo

My Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty box came in today. Overall really satisfied with everything in it, especially since it was only $25. Love the shirt and the flocked Chewie pop.

tumblr_o1bp02puJL1r7nujyo1_540.jpg

Laws00

Not pictured my new car I just got today lol

About 13 years ago I stumbled upon this artist and album. And because of her is why I have a collection of about 500 (burned lol) jpop CDs. Well Ken Hirai made me a fan long before but Crystal Kay really made fall in love with genre and all others like rnb and hiphop.
Just my stupid hobby I decided take up one day which didn't think i'd amass that many
12512805_10208109486314628_6988532975805942068_n.jpg

Type_Raver

That's super cool looking. What's the use case for a camera like this?

I'll be predominantly doing Landscape and wilderness photography, but its also used particularly with portraiture and architecture as well. Each film is the 4x5 inch sheet, similar to the size of an iphone 6 offering fantastic details and large print size. The beauty of this is its engineering and its ability to take it to the field in a compact fashion.
The ability to perform tilts & shifts optically with both front and rear movements is what large format is about. Straight lines all the time, incredible depth of field and the ability to focus sharply to the plane.

This link from linhofs website illustrates these nice and clearly:

http://linhof.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/why_large_format.pdf

Its a daring move in the world of digital photography, but i believe it will make me more disciplined and a better photographer.

New trainers from the Nike factory, I'm not 100% on the style, but they fit, they looked good and they only cost me £21.

IqrIrUE.jpg

New games, Resident Evil origins, Siren blood curse and Dead Space 3 for the 360.

vz1EJbB.jpg

Got the Steam controller, I really struggled with the right track pad, but I stuck with it and have got the hang of it now and it is a really good controller.

Sz7iwSp.jpg

Also picked up the Elite controller as well. Now this thing is a work of art. Really good quality controller. Hope Sony make one of these as well.

RxKRAWi.jpg

Not pictured are some eneloops and a La Crosse technology RS700UK charger. Both expensive but I see them as an investment to move away from replacing batteries.

dodgeme

West Herr? Another Buffalonian?

Theres several of us on here. I'm from a bit south of Buffalo but in the general region.

I haven't actually shared my purchases on here in a while so these are some things I've gotten over the last month or so. Actually the best pickup was a new job and finally getting my break into the tech industry.

Took advantage of Razer's sale after CES and picked up the new Razer Diamondback for half off.

Some recent movie additions. Been wanting to see both.

Next up the new Kyrie 2 Inferno's, kind of a tad disappointing as they look a bit florescent pink to me, but I bought them spontaneously online so oh well.

Been revamping my home theater a bit lately as well too. Picked up the Sony BDP-S7200 for cheap from a friend and a new Yamaha VX-679 Receiver that I got open-box at Best Buy for only $480, quite a bit off its new price.

Also grabbed this HP Spectre X360 from Best Buy as I needed a laptop to take with me again for my job.

Finally, got a second reference GTX 970 and SLI bridge to match for my gaming rig. Probably should've just bought a 980ti but again kind of spontanious, been meaning to do it for a while.

Bonus: I had no idea Red Velvet Oreo's were back......and yes I need to dust.

Ultima_5

Some sick new running shoes:

Some Christmas presents:

A gift for myself:

And the best detective show of all-time, except for The Wire:

Columbo is fucking amazing. I used to watch it before bed every night with my dad. It's so great but I fell asleep before he solved the case :p

Chorazin

Switched from a New 3DS XL to a standard New 3DS,the better ergonomics, crisper graphics and cover plates finally sucked me in! In celebration, picked up two new games to play during the Snowpocalypse.

Top Bottom