• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year)!

Top 5 of 2014.

oxPvbE1.jpg

hRJbXEz.jpg

Om7XL48.jpg

fMWnG16.jpg

Where can I get that ghost in the shell poster

dedhead54

I'm kicking myself for not jumping on this when it was on sale around Thanksgiving, in spite of not having a PS4 at the time. How do you like them so far? I'm in love with the idea of playing games as loud as I want without waking the family but I'm torn about dropping $100 on them.

I love them. So far I've played GTAV, Wolfenstein: TNO, NBA2K15, and Forza Horizon 2 and been very happy with the sound quality. Don't really notice much of a difference with the virtual surround sound when using them with my PS4, though. Also been listening to music on my MacBook and I'm quite pleased with them there, as well. Easily worth $100 IMO but yeah, I feel stupid for not buying them when I saw them for ~$60.

Also, to add to the thread, bought this today for $39.99. Never played any basketball videogames but figured why not. Fun but I need some serious practice. Got it to play with a buddy.

hHDKHnX.jpg

PirateByott

Neo Member
Got me Learning with Pokemon: Typing Adventure
The keyboard is lowish quality, but the game is quite fun. For £6.89 you can't complain

CHhHLo7.jpg

Also picked up Freshly Picked: Tingles Rosy Rupeeland ummm, yeah WTF. This game is nuts, and there's still some kanji left over from the poor translation. This game never came out in NA. I wonder if it's Zelda cannon? :D

Sage advice from Pokemon Typing Adventure....

atvmfco.jpg

ArcLyte

I haven't posted in this threads for a while so most of this stuff is from December.

9ZONFxkl.jpg

Australian New 3DS XL. I am totally in love with it, the build quality is fantastic and the 3D is actually usable now.

nZGmoxTl.jpg

Lots of fine music

ExaaSeZl.jpg

kZ7npXZl.jpg

WqPVPxcl.jpg

LA2nsQSl.jpg

oO0lnIol.jpg

(Yes I like that album a lot...)

Finally a new bag. My old one was slowly falling apart.

GmLn9cFl.jpg

And my first pick-up of the year

KiQBiDjl.jpg

I gave it a first try today with my iPod Classic and the AKG K701. Love it already.

Nice job with that maudlin of the Well.

M.Steiner

Top 5 of 2014.
Awesome prints, man. I bet the Akira one cost a fair bit!
I bought a few of the Lost ones myself when the poster series was originally going but not the Tyler Stout. I did manage to get the Olly Moss print from the second run of prints though which I love to bits. (The one on the left.)

My favourite pick-up from 2014 has to be the Gibson LP Custom which I posted at the time. Beautiful:

I got a Ghost in the Shell print earlier on in the year too but I'd quite like the other one which was posted as well now lol. Might have to try get one from ebay at some point.

I haven't got any 2015 pick-ups just yet but I did get these for Christmas:
The complete 20th Century Boys manga and a Breaking Bad snow globe heh. Did get some other stuff as well but I won't post em all :)
Monster (same creator) has sat as my favourite anime show for quite some time now (I'm collecting the manga as it slowly re-releases) and Pluto was fantastic too I thought. Needless to say I'm pretty damn excited to get started on 20th Century Boys already. Will start it this weekend methinks!

Alpha_eX

Incredibly happy with my Taiko no Tatsujin Pro Controller, thinking of getting a second one as a back up along with a Japanese Wii U.

6zXETZnl.jpg

atO5g17l.jpg

Caayn

Here's my stuff from December and January so far.
wp_20141221_0011wuq5.jpg

...a small thing to help run those games.
wp_20141213_0031upu2x.jpg

And I got my hand on these two beauties, both are fully functional :D The black one is the original model with the chrome trim, extra USB ports, card reader and backwards compatibility.
wp_20150103_0011f8uxg.jpg

wp_20150103_003170uxm.jpg

TheMoon

Here's my stuff from December and January so far.
And I got my hand on these two beauties, both are fully functional :D The black one is the original model with the chrome trim, extra USB ports, card reader and backwards compatibility.
wp_20150103_0011f8uxg.jpg

wp_20150103_003170uxm.jpg

You're not from Austria and bought the black PS3 with a white DS3 off eBay by any chance? :D

glaurung

Went to buy Sony batteries...

2015jan01.jpg

Got a free 4K TV.

2015jan02.jpg

Well, not really. All joking aside, finally pulled the trigger that had been itching for 18 months. My new TV is a 55" Sony Bravia (55X9005B). Why is it on the floor? Because my old Bravia, which although smaller, weighs more and is impossible to lift just by myself. I could lift the new one with no problems.

And here's a pile of games and movies that have been accumulating for the last 3-4 months.

2015jan03.jpg

Well I gave in and joined the Amiibo party.

yzrxKJQ.jpg

(Not pictured is Kirby - who for sentimental reasons is still in the box and may stay there. Tho, I may just buy a second one and open that one)

I've already pre-ordered Toon Link and will grab Pikachu at some point. Lord help my wallet.

AdanVC

Got this headphones. I didn't had any plans to buy them but they were on sale so I couldn't resist :) Are this any good? model is MDR-XD150.

dscn1733puuh8.jpg

BouncyFrag

I put my gift cards to good use and got these.
B30_CFk_Syvh9b.jpg

I was worried about the install but it was easy and the extra speed on the new HDD is great. Load times be amcry!

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Christmas & January Pick-Up's

Smash Bros & a GC Controller

[
Bloothooth NES controller Support IOS, Android, Windows & Wii

Bop It! Tetris so additive

Loads of Heston goodies so far all has been great

My new rabbit hole of collecting Amiibos

Arizato

Got some stuff in December:
http://imgur.com/46kbFQb
Every year I organize a New Years party at my place. My friends make requests for food and stuff like that. I cook the stuff they want, make sure there is space to sleep here after the party is over and just generally take care of stuff while they can relax and have fun. This usually results in them bringing over some kind of gift to thank me for my efforts. This year I got Sonic '06 from a friend despite him knowing how horrible it is, so I guess I have to play through the whole thing now!

kHijIwb.jpg

It's a miracle that I can finally enjoy the Dinosaurs with the great german dub. The image quality is pretty bad though.

My best friend also gifted me my first amiibo. I already have the urge to buy the Kirby one.

My best purchase of 2015 so far is my Philips Fidelio X2 headphones.

I don't have a headphone stand but i do have a large penguin. His name is Mr Jingles and he has a new purpose in life:

10898247_10152481762182553_8606346228897014137_n.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Awesome prints, man. I bet the Akira one cost a fair bit!
I bought a few of the Lost ones myself when the poster series was originally going but not the Tyler Stout. I did manage to get the Olly Moss print from the second run of prints though which I love to bits. (The one on the left.)

My favourite pick-up from 2014 has to be the Gibson LP Custom which I posted at the time. Beautiful:

I got a Ghost in the Shell print earlier on in the year too but I'd quite like the other one which was posted as well now lol. Might have to try get one from ebay at some point.

I haven't got any 2015 pick-ups just yet but I did get these for Christmas:

The complete 20th Century Boys manga and a Breaking Bad snow globe heh. Did get some other stuff as well but I won't post em all :)
Monster (same creator) has sat as my favourite anime show for quite some time now (I'm collecting the manga as it slowly re-releases) and Pluto was fantastic too I thought. Needless to say I'm pretty damn excited to get started on 20th Century Boys already. Will start it this weekend methinks!

Congrats on 20th Century Boys! It is my favorite manga of all time. You gotta check out the movie trilogy after too!

Top Bottom