• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Year 2015 Awards

Greddleok

1. [PS4][PC] Rocket League (Sports) = 12 points
2. [NWU] Xenoblade Chronicles X (RPG) = 6 points
3. [PSV]The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter (RPG) = 4 points
4. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (Adventure) = 4 points
5. ][PS4] Tales from the Borderlands: Episodes 2-5 (Adventure) = 4 points
6. [360][XB1][PS3][PS4][PC] Life Is Strange (Adventure) = 4 points
7. [PC][IOS] Downwell (Shooter) = 3 points
8. [PC] Undertale (RPG) = 3 points
9. [360][XB1][PS3][PS4] Destiny: The Taken King (FPS) = 3 points
10. [PC] Path of Exile: The Awakening (RPG) = 2 points

How exactly are the recommendations calculated? Seeing games I know I'd enjoy score the same as ones I've tried and hated kinda suggests that the recommendations are pretty pointless.
I know I'd hate Life Is Strange and Tales from the Borderlands. I didn't put a single "adventure game" in my list, just not my cup of tea.

Wagram

That and the lore. Its key pillars of level design, combat and lore are all excellent. But it's just different enough when compared to Souls to appeal to people who didn't get on with the slower more methodical combat of the Souls series. It doesn't want to be Dark Souls 3, which is a good thing as we get that this year anyway. Let it be its own thing.

If we're talking fundamental problems I'd say TW3 has far bigger ones.

As long as Dark Souls 3 is Dark Souls 3 and NOT Bloodborne 2 i'll be happy.

It doesn't even feel vaguely plausible on any level to any synapse in my brain that what is something of an alternate universe followup to Demon's Souls where all the refinements of Dark Souls never happened, that also retains extremely problematic and fundamentally and continually painful unresolved technical issues that all contribute to placing it firmly beneath one if not two other games in its lineage, could ever conceivably beat The Witcher 3 in this list. It's sort of existentially painful to witness. I'll just leave it at that.

I really have to agree here. Bloodborne is fantastic at the end of the day, but it's not Dark Souls 1 caliber, and I would even argue Demon's Souls caliber. It certainly is a master piece in certain areas, but it also takes a step back in others. It makes me sad to think that what I believe is the worst of the series (I don't care if people are divisive on DS2 or not) holds a GAF GOTY award over something like DS1. Witcher 3 has combat problems, but it really was innovative in a storytelling sense. Bloodborne didn't really innovate anything, but both are fantastic and certainly can make a case for GOTY.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The points users who are closest to you in their votes (greatest number of same games named) gave to games are added up and ordered according to the points these people distributed to them.

Poster#1

It doesn't even feel vaguely plausible on any level to any synapse in my brain that what is something of an alternate universe followup to Demon's Souls where all the refinements of Dark Souls never happened, that also retains extremely problematic and fundamentally and continually painful unresolved technical issues that all contribute to placing it firmly beneath one if not two other games in its lineage, could ever conceivably beat The Witcher 3 in this list. It's sort of existentially painful to witness. I'll just leave it at that.

Well said. Could've not said it any better myself.

I think we all know that Neogaf leans on Sony and this list is more evidence of that, but I would also say that this probably reflects mainstream opinion as well.

Qurupeke

Xenoblade X fell short out of the top 10, what a shame. It's an alright list, I didn't play a lot of games and Nintendo had an awful year. The last couple of years the urge of getting a PS4 is getting stronger and stronger.

Catvoca

Banned

My feelings exactly. I like Bloodborne but I also feel like it's worse then the 3 games that came before it, so it being game of the year is certainly strange to me.

Bloodborne yeuj
Didn't vote but it was an amazing experience. Started playing last summer and rolled straight into the dlc NG+. Gameplay is just ace.

Hope we get a sequel announced soon with a different setting.

It's not like TW3 isn't plagued by a lot of unresolved problems from earlier games, the biggest one of which is "they STILL haven't figured out how busted some of their combat elements are". I keep using the same broken tactics that worked in unpatched TW2 and they still work like a charm, trivializing every encounter on highest difficulty (and I remember at least a few instances where devs promised to fix them in past few years). Does Bloodborne have a lot of problems, some of which were absent in Souls? Of course it does. But it's a game with superior art direction, actual level design, controls that aren't physically painful, and combat that doesn't make me want to sleep. The Wild Hunt is more like an unique experience I'm really glad I had but don't want to revisit (all those "follow the red trails" quests Hearts of Stone makes fun of, never again), something that scratches a completely different itch. They both appealed to people with different sensibilities, one of them won, that just means posters here cared about BB did right than what TW did right. Don't see why that is "painful".

(Neither of them would be my GOTY, BTW).

My feelings exactly. I like Bloodborne but I also feel like it's worse then the 3 games that came before it, so it being game of the year is certainly strange to me.

So bizarre that people loved this great, critically acclaimed, fun, well-designed and visually interesting as fuck game. We have us a real head scratcher here.

bigol

So bizarre that people loved this great, critically acclaimed, fun, well-designed and visually interesting as fuck game. We have us a real head scratcher here.

Vsually interesting as in grey for most part of the game. If so, yes, it's visually interesting.

Sorry, but even with poorer graphics Dark Souls 1 visually feels so much better. Colourful, fairy, vibrant. It feels like a really fantastic world to play in.

Darkroot basin, crystal cave,ash lake, Sen's Fortress, Anor Londo,New Londo, The Duke's Archive, there was so much variety of colors in that game and that's one of the elements that make it feel better compared to Bloodborne. I even feel Demon Souls is visually better than Bloodborne.

Vsually interesting as in grey for most part of the game. If so, yes, it's visually interesting.

This disregards so many things about the environments and art direction that there is truly nowhere sensible to begin. So we'll agree to disagree. The color palette was logical and I'm not even talking about colors. There's so much more to it than that.

Greddleok

Nintendo had an awful year.

Nintendo may not put out a lot, but their systems got some serious quality this year, I really disagree with your statement.

MH4U is fantastic as an entry into the MonHun series, and as a game in its own right.
Xenoblade is a good, open world RPG.
Majora's Mask 3D is a remake, but it's still a fantastic game.
Splatoon is one of the best shooters I've ever played.
Mario Maker is potentially one of the greatest games ever made.

I understand if those games aren't your bag, but I just can't agree that it's been an awful year for Nintendo.

Bedlam

Yay, Bloodborne was my GotY too by a pretty good margin.

Unfortunately, I forgot to vote. ;( Not that it would've changed much - except Yoshi's Whooly World would've been one place higher.

Sorry, but even with poorer graphics Dark Souls 1 visually feels so much better. Colourful, fairy, vibrant. It feels like a really fantastic world to play in.

Darkroot basin, crystal cave,ash lake, Sen's Fortress, Anor Londo,New Londo, The Duke's Archive, there was so much variety of colors in that game and that's one of the elements that make it feel better compared to Bloodborne. I even feel Demon Souls is visually better than Bloodborne.

tumblr_inline_o16tsqQ8yw1truuhh_500.gif

That and the lore. Its key pillars of level design, combat and lore are all excellent. But it's just different enough when compared to Souls to appeal to people who didn't get on with the slower more methodical combat of the Souls series. It doesn't want to be Dark Souls 3, which is a good thing as we get that this year anyway. Let it be its own thing.

If we're talking fundamental problems I'd say TW3 has far bigger ones.

The difference is that there is no consensus on TW3's "problems", while the Bloodborne problem Evilore is referring to is purely technical. The world design and lore in The Witcher 3 is very expansive and interesting as well. It not only features the type of storytelling that you have to actively seek out to receive like in the Souls games, but it also features excellent direct storytelling with many different outcomes that eschew the good-bad structure that plagues many games in its genre. There are many different outcomes and scenarios and rewards of the quests themselves are also often different than what we've come to expect in RPGs.

https://killscreen.com/articles/lets-talk-about-rosa-var-attre-impossible-romance-witcher-3/

Most games tell one story with perhaps a few good side stories and filler. The Witcher 3 tells many stories and has the same quality of writing that you see in the books and then there are things TW3 does that Bloodborne simply doesn't even attempt to do as it has the same focuses as other Souls games. Combat is divisive, but I think we can agree that those that think the combat is terrible are a very vocal minority. Personally, I love it. It's very dynamic and there are many options for the player to use. I chose to just focus on the aspects that you brought up because I could probably write a book on all the merits of TW3 haha.

Great article on the combat:

http://www.gamesradar.com/witcher-3s-combat-isnt-flawed-its-just-more-real-you-expected/

The world is arguably the best designed open world of all time:

https://killscreen.com/articles/how-cd-projekt-red-reinventing-open-world-witcher-3/

I also liked Kill Screen's GOTY write-up on TW3:

https://killscreen.com/articles/high-scores-the-best-videogames-of-2016/

It’s hard to describe why The Witcher 3 is good without letting goodness itself—sheer quality—be the unit of measurement. Think of a scene in the game, any scene, and how much care and craftsmanship it exudes from every pixel, every sound, every word, every aesthetic and narrative choice. I still find myself struck by a cutscene from what many regard to be the game’s most captivating and devastating sequence: the Bloody Baron questline, which requires mutant monster-hunter Geralt to travel across the wastes of Velen looking for the wife and daughter of a self-proclaimed provincial despot. At a certain point, Geralt arrives at the cabin of an old woman simply named Gran, hoping to commune with the witches who control her. The camera lingers on a tapestry of three young women; standing before them, she utters a plaintive, withering plea:

Ladies lovely, with power o’er all,
Beseech I thee, answer my call,
Before you a worm crawls, wretched and small…

Gran’s eyes roll back and the witches begin to speak through her, the game’s top-notch facial animation capturing the uncanny microexpressions of the possessed (as opposed to most facial animation, which makes characters look possessed 100% of the time). In the background, a ragged violin pursues its neverending project of furious lamentation. In the foreground, the cinematography—aside from dialogue, consistently the game’s best and most expressive aspect—jumps to and from the figures on the tapestry as they converse with our white-haired hero, heightening their implacability and, as always, heightening his.

One way to praise this scene without just flat-out saying it’s atmospheric as fuck would be to talk about how densely and subtly it blends together elements of other genres and other media. The tapestry looks Pre-Raphaelite, its figures flattened and serpentine; the rhyme could’ve been extracted from the Brothers Grimm; the witches themselves, evil yet never quite inconsistent, take us all the way back to Macbeth. The score draws from a pan-European blend of folk styles; the camerawork proceeds with a canny understanding of the reaction shot, pinging desperately—in a way that heightens the moment’s unease—from Geralt to interlocutors that can’t be framed. Unlike many big-budget games (let’s face it, probably most of them), The Witcher 3 not only behaves as though it’s aware of the existence of other art forms but seems entirely willing to converse with them in both directions. Just as it draws from the techniques of movies, books, and everything else, it confidently offers itself as a possible reference point, as though it weren’t preposterous at all to think that someone’s future movie could be “like The Witcher 3.” I remember one of my favorite professors arguing that the novel was a “literary turducken” because it could contain and consume everything from poetry to classified ads. The Witcher 3 is a multimedia turducken with an entirely un-turducken-like sense of purpose.

At the same time, the game’s way of containing and consuming its own genre—the open-world Western RPG—might be even more impressive. It’s a lot like the best prestige TV (The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Breaking Bad) in its commitment to transcending the structures of a recognizable genre tradition, meaningfully exploiting what the German critic Hans Robert Jauss called the “horizons of expectation” that we bring with us to any work of art that looks like something we’ve encountered before. The Sopranos depicted a world in which characters had internalized The Godfather to a ridiculous extent, and its most brilliant moments stemmed from an assumption that its audience had done the same.

The Witcher 3, likewise, betrays a canny understanding of what we tend to expect from RPGs like it. There is freedom in The Witcher 3, as there is in any Bethesda game or Dragon Age: Inquisition: freedom to go where you want, do what you want, fight what you want, romance who you want. But it isn’t unlimited freedom, and it often transforms into varieties of constraint: the ostracism that shadows Geralt’s wandering-ronin lifestyle; the sense that most choices are not yours and equally valid but his and equally grim. You can choose Triss or Yennefer, but the choice isn’t completely, synchronically open to you like Miranda vs. Tali vs. Jack; if you’re like me, you’ll get to know Yennefer well after having chosen or not chosen Triss, and feel a measure of resentment toward the unfairnesses of time. Working within a genre that lends itself to systematic sidequesting and obsessive completionism, the game makes a ton of things missable, often silently so. It takes the “open” in “open-world,” the “role-playing” in RPG, and makes both into expressive vehicles of pathos and discomfort. The world is too open, and Geralt’s role in it is wearily, oppressively defined. (Before you a worm crawls, wretched and small…) But perhaps we can derive some comfort from the idea that the open-world as an aesthetic template is more open than ever—to other genres, to other meanings, to a different idea of itself. –Matt Margini

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The difference is that there is no consensus on TW3's "problems", while the Bloodborne problem Evilore is referring to is purely technical.
I think that The Witcher 3 has at best serviceable combat is pretty much the consensus criticism. Add to that the brokenness that one gets from open-world game design is also quite technical in nature.

that you have to actively seek out to receive like in the Souls games

I'm actively trying to seek out a reason why this is a negative against Bloodborne. It's apples and oranges. Yes, Witcher 3 does these things amazingly well. Things that Bloodborne doesn't even try for because it's not the same type of thing.

My apologies if I'm misinterpreting your post but I don't even see how they can be compared. Witcher 3 is mostly about choices and outcomes, so yeah, it makes sense that it's story, character, and writing extensive.

Bedlam

I think that The Witcher 3 has at best serviceable combat is pretty much the consensus criticism. Add to that the brokenness that one gets from open-world game design is also quite technical in nature.
Add to that the problematic quest design which almost always relies on the dotted-line-principle. Only very rarely do you get sufficient geographic descriptions that would allow you to find your destinations by yourself. I found myself distracted way too often by the minimap and the dotted line and no, turning off the minimap is no viable option because of the the mentioned reason.

Moreover, while TW3 definitely has some great quests, there is still a lot of filler and the pacing is all over the place. These aspects were improved in Hearts of Stone but still, the main game has plenty of it.

Oni Jazar

The game is set during a moonlit night of the hunt not Candy Land so yes the palate will be muted. A game doesn't have to be visually diverse to be awesome.

I loved Witcher 1 and 2 a lot but I put down w3. Too long/drawn out with combat that pales in comparison to Bloodborne. it's fun but after countless hours of tracking werewolf blood into caves I had to put it down for other games.

The game is set during a moonlit night of the hunt not Candy Land so yes the palate will be muted. A game doest have to be visually diverse to be awesome.

Hemwick Charnel Lane among most other locales in Bloodborne blew me away both visually and how interconnected it all was. The level of detail is just absurd.

The combat being the biggest criticism being levied does not arbitrarily make it consensus. From what I can tell, there's definitely more people who like the combat, than those that don't. Not that it makes the other opinions less valid as they are certainly not alone in that regard judging by the amount of threads we've had on it.

I'm actively trying to seek out a reason why this is a negative against Bloodborne. It's apples and oranges. Yes, Witcher 3 does these things amazingly well. Things that Bloodborne doesn't even try for because it's not the same type of thing.

My apologies if I'm misinterpreting your post but I don't even see how they can be compared. Witcher 3 is mostly about choices and outcomes, so yeah, it makes sense that it's story, character, and writing extensive.

I'm not saying that they're negatives. I'm just trying to get across why others may see TW3 as their GOTY. I may have worded that line poorly, but the approach to storytelling in the Souls games was meant to be a plus.

The combat being the biggest criticism being levied does not arbitrarily make it consensus. From what I can tell, there's definitely more people who like the combat, then those that don't. Not that it makes the other opinions less valid as they are certainly not alone in that regard judging by the amount of threads we've had on it.

I'm fine with its combat. It's pretty expected and reasonable for the type and size of game it is. Bloodborne is focused on its combat so it SHOULD be better. I'm loving Witcher 3 right now, I haven't finished it but ranked it second on my list. The combat is a non issue for me and I think it's mostly great. I have had several freezes, other weird glitches, things not appearing on the map and so on though. Technically and gameplay-wise Bloodborne is clearly the winner in my experience but they're both fantastic.

I'm not saying that they're negatives. I'm just trying to get across why others may see TW3 as their GOTY. I may have worded that line poorly, but the approach to storytelling in the Souls games was meant to be a plus.

Understood. And you're not wrong.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

It feels more like a vocal minority which is decrying the combat any chance they get.
Showed by the amount of GOTY awards given to the game where they even mention the combat as something good and how I've heard almost nothing of this critiscism from other places than gaf.
But I guess that's how it is when you're on a dedicated gaming forum with a big part of the userbase seemingly entangled in the idea of applying souls combat to everything.

If you compare the combat to any open world WRPG you'll pretty fast see how the combat is at least above average.

The game is set during a moonlit night of the hunt not Candy Land so yes the palate will be muted. A game doest have to be visually diverse to be awesome.

Aye. It's incredibly consistent in its visual tone and true to Lovecraft's cosmic horror that it's so clearly based on.

But there is still a lot of variety. Hemswick, Cainhurst, Nightmare Frontier, Old Yharnam, Fishing Hamlet, Upper Cathedral Ward, Hunter!s Dream, Forbidden Woods, it's consistent yet distinct.

benny_a

The combat being the biggest criticism being levied does not arbitrarily make it consensus. From what I can tell, there's definitely more people who like the combat, than those that don't. Not that it makes the other opinions less valid as they are certainly not alone in that regard judging by the amount of threads we've had on it.
Sure. If we only go by what is objectively wrong then The Witcher 3 has its fair share of problems in the technical space for more than 2/3rd of its players. In addition to technical open-world problems you have for 3/3rd of them.

It feels more like a vocal minority which is decrying the combat any chance they get.
Showed by the amount of GOTY awards given to the game where they even mention the combat as something good and how I've heard almost nothing of this critiscism from other places than gaf.
We must be living in different Internet bubbles then because I hear about the combat not being good everywhere I look.

The hyperbole might be more contained to GAF but I'm of the opinion that it's serviceable and not detrimental to the game.

Aye. It's incredibly consistent in its visual tone and true to Lovecraft's cosmic horror that it's so clearly based on.

I thought the changing skyboxes added plenty of color without making it "colorful." Just masterful really. Added color, but was still macabre and desolate thus never took away from the draining atmosphere.

Nasreddin

6. [PS4][PC] Rocket League (Sports) = 5 points - it's a sports game and therefore automatically disqualified

Well, that's your opionion. But this is the first time a "sports game" is ranking that high. Why? Because this is a fun multiplayer game, played by people who are not into sports game. I would even say, Rocket League has more in common with Counterstrike or Splatoon than with FIFA, NHL or PES.

Everybody into multiplayer should give it a try.

iz.podpolja

Neo Member
Sure. If we only go by what is objectively wrong then The Witcher 3 has its fair share of problems in the technical space for more than 2/3rd of its players. In addition to technical open-world problems you have for 3/3rd of them.

We must be living in different Internet bubbles then because I hear about the combat not being good everywhere I look.

The hyperbole might be more contained to GAF but I'm of the opinion that it's serviceable and not detrimental to the game.

It really isn't this widespread, the only place I see this so firmly voiced is here in fact.

Kudos as always to all the voters and everyone involved in parsing and presenting the data. Brilliant community effort that gets better every year.

So, with the full understanding that it's a collection of votes from an extremely diverse set of viewpoints and preferences and experiences and not a curated list, meaning that it's not like there's really anything to argue about in particular or anyone to argue with, just an interesting data set to examine and appreciate... all that being said and taken into account, as well as noting that complaining about any sort of entertainment media ranking is very much a fruitless, hollow effort...

The list is in the wrong order to the point of travesty. I don't have any strong feelings in reaction to the placement of anything else in the top 20 -- or top 100 for that matter -- and can readily accept how they all ended up in the spots that they did regardless of my personal preferences about the video games of 2015.

But.

Many consider Demons Souls better than Dark Souls as a whole.

myco666

I think that Dark Souls being as colorful and vibrant as it is made the game worse for me. It makes feel warmer and safer when compared to Demon's Souls and Bloodborne that have much more oppressive feel to them due not having so much color and I prefer that.

As for the general 'which Souls game is the best' discussion I think that Dark Souls series is the worst out of it. While Dark Souls improved some mechanics from Demon's Souls it is still way more flawed than Demon's Souls because of the content after acquiring Lordvessel just isn't that good in my opinion. It takes a huge nosedive in quality and only worthwhile thing for me is New Londo Ruins and Four Kings. Where as with Demon's Souls all the content was good and same with Bloodborne (yes even Chalice Dungeons). It baffles me that how people always praise how good Dark Souls is when I find almost half the content not that great. Even highly criticized Dark Souls 2 is much more consistent with its quality.

Thanks for all of the hard work. This is really interesting.

Of course, Bloodborne won....

Looking at the points I don't think it was that obvious that Bloodborne won.

Fair enough, but there is a platform that you can play TW3 on that rectifies the first problem and the situation continues to improve on consoles. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by technical open world problems, I'm guessing bugs? Those are a bummer, but they are entrenched in every open world game and at least CDPR is actually making an effort to fix these problems unlike other developers. I don't mean to rag on it, but there isn't any excuse for the framepacing issues in Bloodborne. (especially since it's action-focused)

It really isn't this widespread, the only place I see this so firmly voiced is here in fact.

It really isn't as widespread as some here would have you believe. I've seen it cited as a plus in many write-ups, GOTY deliberations and user posts.

I don't mean to rag on BB, but there isn't any excuse for the framepacing issues in Bloodborne. (especially since it's action-focused)

Maybe it's because I have no idea what frame pacing is, it could be exactly what I think it is in my head, but whatever it is must've not been anything I noticed or let alone that impeded the gameplay for me in any way. Again it could just be that I'm not familiar with it or not sensitive (at all, apparently) to it so I'm not saying it ISN'T there -- just that, thankfully I guess, it wasn't detrimental to me.

benny_a

Fair enough, but there is a platform that you can play TW3 on that rectifies the first problem and the situation continues to improve on consoles. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by technical open world problems, I'm guessing bugs?
Yeah, the stuff that is associated with open world games. Falling through the world. Getting killed in cutscenes. Killing an enemy and that enemy spawning back in or is unkillable. Being a floating head because the armor doesn't load in. The most random stuff.

Those are a bummer, but they are entrenched in every open world game and at least CDPR is actually making an effort to fix these problems unlike other developers. I don't mean to rag on it, but there isn't any excuse for the framepacing issues in Bloodborne. (especially since it's action-focused)
Yeah, developer support by CDPR is fantastic.

Gameplay won. Still not feeling the rpg classification though, it's pure action combat for me with some rpg elements but I'm sure you could approach the game differently.

Rurunaki

Tough contenders for the GOTY this year. No problem with the top 3 although I do wish Xenoblade made it to the top 10.. This year the competition will get tougher..

SgtCobra

Bloodborne wins the GotY awards, all is good.
Witcher 3 couldn't really keep my attention, will try it again next year.
The rest of the top 20 is pretty solid too.

Catvoca

Banned

No need to be snarky about it, I'm not attacking the game the way you attack people who criticise it apparently. I just think that even though it's a good game, it's inferior to the ones that came before it so I don't rate it as highly. The same way Uncharted 3 is a great game but is derivative of 2 and even a little bit worse. Maybe you should read the comment I quoted as well mate.

Acosta

Awesome list, thanks for the effort.

About Bloodborne, I think people are underselling the very important changes in the combat system. People compare it with other Souls games and say it´s better than X or worse than Y, but they tend to forget that the combat system, progression, weapon, etc is completely different from other Souls games and THAT opened the Souls formula to a lot of people who felt lost in past games.

So it doesn't matter if you think it doesn't progress the Souls formula enough, of it´s inferior to Demon or Dark. It could be, I don't know. If you payed attention to what people what writing you would have seen lot of people with Bloodborne at top expressing similar feelings: this is the "Souls" game that "clicked" on many people, and that is a huge enough deal to put it at top.

sublimit

Banned
Was the over the top chromatic aberration banner for Bloodborne really needed?Regardless of CA the game is beautiful as fuck and has some of the best art direction we've seen in this gen so far. Yes we all know that BB has it (and it sucks) but this feels more like someone was butthurt that his favorite game lost to Bloodborne than it actually being a joke.
I don't know maybe it's just me but to find a nitpick like that in a game as beautiful as BB and make it the game's banner image kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Sicious

Neo Member
Great list. I think TW3 is a better experience overall than Bloodborne but whatever, opinions. Also, i'm very glad for Life is Strange, i had no idea so much people loved it. Fallout 4 in 7#? Meh, i don't think it's top 10 material.

Alo0oy

Banned
Gameplay won. Still not feeling the rpg classification though, it's pure action combat for me with some rpg elements but I'm sure you could approach the game differently.

I don't think people know what an RPG is anymore, Bloodborne is more of an RPG than most modern AAA RPGs, having good combat doesn't make it any less of an RPG.

Top Bottom