• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Whitesnake, stand of the gay black preacher. Maybe, if he had been more scientific about equating a group of people acting like...not people, say cro-magnons maybe, he would have still been here. But he came off as le racist so RIP.

All lives matter. But hey, nobody gave a fuck about the muslims getting burned in china
You forgot about the Chinese muslim organ farms.

GHG

All lives matter. But hey, nobody gave a fuck about the muslims getting burned in china, nor gave a fuck about all those slaves in libya, nor gave a single fuck about all those innocent people that are being killed in palestine. Now watch them make me sound like a racist

It only matters when its happening in the US. People decided to be "humane" only in the US case. We're living in a world full of two-faced hypocrite cunts. NOW PREACH HUMANITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The decisions that are made by the world's most powerful people (and by extension, the world's biggest companies) as to when something matters and when it doesn't baffles me. There has been this attitude for a long time that when something is "over there", it doesn't matter, almost as if it's ok to sit back and watch your next door neighbour suffer as long as they don't enter your territory.

People suffering in the middle east? It doesn't matter, it's "over there".

Ebola was "over there". It's just Africa, it doesn't matter.

Coronavirus was also just "over there" (in China), until it wasn't...

There's no more "over there", it's such a stupid way of thinking. The world is a small place now, and it's about to get a whole lot smaller in the next decade when we start blasting people up into space to get them half way around the world in under 30 minutes.

Everything and everybody should matter, but that isn't the case for whatever reason. Like pennythoughts pennythoughts mentioned, there's some sort of unwritten hierarchy and unfortunately I don't see that changing any time soon.

All lives matter. But hey, nobody gave a fuck about the muslims getting burned in china, nor gave a fuck about all those slaves in libya, nor gave a single fuck about all those innocent people that are being killed in palestine. Now watch them make me sound like a racist

It only matters when its happening in the US. People decided to be "humane" only in the US case. We're living in a world full of two-faced hypocrite cunts. NOW PREACH HUMANITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
oVCf5Fj.png

Well, I am leaving this site, cant deal with this anymore. No way will I keep posting with that user tag. There are better things in life.

LB requested a perm before I could reply to this. A bummer to see them go.

It didn't seem like the content of the last two threads was the issue, but more the presentation.

For example

This thread's content seems okay, there is a faster SSD setup than the PS5's, but it is like 2,000 bucks and hardly any typical consumer is going to opt for it.

The other SSD thread that was closed this morning, or last night, whenever, seemed to have a fine title but was claiming speeds that weren't proven anywhere else?

Instead of leaving I wish they would have just adjusted their thread styling.

Althought, I can't help but say, I don't see what the difference is between those two threads from LB and this thread

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Asking for permbans cuz of a bad day is silly.

I would recommend just to lurk for a while and self reflect. Grow get smarter better and come back.

Though i have to say if you keep making threads to disprove or talk down on the competition and its a pattern you get what you get as a response.
Maybe some of the fans should make threads about their own console in a positive way for a change.

Makes me think of vost kain where he made threads about stadia in a way to undermine the competition.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
:messenger_confused:

That would be a shame. I don’t know what the issue is, but one would hope to see working it out, versus a good member leaving.

I feel somewhat like Lady Bernkastel.. Sometimes GAF is not a friendly place to be an Xbox fan or more accurately, to not be a die-hard PlayStation fan. It's no secret I'm an Xbox fangirl, but the numbers of Xbox fans keeps dwindling either by bans or by getting fed up and leaving.

Lady B got pissed and left because his SSD thread got closed as disingenuous while the have been a multitude of PS5 SSD threads that are way out in fantasy land and that's perfectly OK. One guy has made like 10 or 12 SSD threads himself.

You have one guy getting a ban for saying the PS5 is 9 TFs another for saying Lockhart is about half the flops of the PS5. While you have Sony fans claiming all kinds of crazy stuff. Lady Bernkastel noted some of it here before he left:

There are rumblings from several people messaging me lately that they are fed up and thinking of leaving. Lady B already left, tons have been banned for minor things and many just don't post much anymore for fear of getting banned. It's getting me down, I don't want to be the last Xbox fan standing.

I think it's quite possible that all the horrible things going on in US and in my city right now is making me overly sensitive to issues I've brought up here.. Looting, rioting, non-stop protesting by tens of thousands every day/all day in my city. Thousands dead from Covid in L.A. and many thousands more soon to be sick or dead thanks to the throngs gathering daily in our streets. This shit is getting me down for real.

I will also say even if I do end up being the last Xbot standing there are TONS of intelligent, articulate and entertaining people like yourself that that are fans of all consoles and Sony fans that just enjoy PlayStation without being gung ho soldiers in the SDF. You guys all definitely cause me to step back and think it over before I do something rash.

To everyone that commented,, thank you for the support and thank you for being awesome. ♥ :messenger_heart:

GHG

I second that. I'm sad to see you go. I've enjoyed all your informative Xbox posts. I may be doing the same soon.

I sincerely hope it's not for the same reasons.

I don't know whether it's because of what's been going on in the world this year but some people are taking this console shit far too seriously at the moment. It's a shame looking at the last few pages of the Xbox meme thread. It used to be the place where Xbox fans just hung out and made jokes but for some reason it's taken a dark turn.

Edit: I see you replied as I was writing this post. Take some time away from the Internet, do other things, play some games etc. It's easy to get too wrapped up in all of it because most of the world has had fuck else to do but to sit indoors for 24/7 for most of the year. Doing other things, especially things that you can enjoy (or things that help you grow as a person) can help give you perspective.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sounded like he/she had a breakdown.
Scahaw was a girl!
I feel somewhat like Lady Bernkastel.. Sometimes GAF is not a friendly place to be an Xbox fan or more accurately, to not be a die-hard PlayStation fan. It's no secret I'm an Xbox fangirl, but the numbers of Xbox fans keeps dwindling either by bans or by getting fed up and leaving.

Lady B got pissed and left because his SSD thread got closed as disingenuous while the have been a multitude of PS5 SSD threads that are way out in fantasy land and that's perfectly OK. One guy has made like 10 or 12 SSD threads himself.

You have one guy getting a ban for saying the PS5 is 9 TFs another for saying Lockhart is about half the flops of the PS5. While you have Sony fans claiming all kinds of crazy stuff. Lady Bernkastel noted some of it here before he left:

There are rumblings from several people messaging me lately that they are fed up and thinking of leaving. Lady B already left, tons have been banned for minor things and many just don't post much anymore for fear of getting banned. It's getting me down, I don't want to be the last Xbox fan standing.

I think it's quite possible that all the horrible things going on in US and in my city right now is making me overly sensitive to issues I've brought up here.. Looting, rioting, non-stop protesting by tens of thousands every day/all day in my city. Thousands dead from Covid in L.A. and many thousands more soon to be sick or dead thanks to the throngs gathering daily in our streets. This shit is getting me down for real.

I will also say even if I do end up being the last Xbot standing there are TONS of intelligent, articulate and entertaining people like yourself that that are fans of all consoles and Sony fans that just enjoy PlayStation without being gung ho soldiers in the SDF. You guys all definitely cause me to step back and think it over before I do something rash.

To everyone that commented,, thank you for the support and thank you for being awesome. ♥ :messenger_heart:
Just log off. No need to ask for a perm.

-Arcadia-

Banned

I can’t comment on the ban stuff. I just don’t know, you know? I’m not around gaming side that much.

Treading a line between respecting the staff here, and respecting your experience, I would recommend grabbing some examples over time. In my experience the moderators try very hard to be really fair and humble, and if there’s some accidental discrepancy, bringing it up respectfully with documentation seems like something they would seriously take a look at.

I know that’s the obnoxious answer. It would be easier to hash it all out right here. But it’s a big help to understand exactly, precisely what the problem is.

I relate so much on the world. I am barely holding it together. Not so much the corona, but the riots have pushed me past my limit. Either I’m seeing red like I never have before, or just deeply sad and depressed for what the future is.

I really don’t know what the answer is there. Maybe we all need to look at the positive things in our lives, and focus on affecting the things we can? Making life as best as it can be for ourselves and our loved ones, and just let this stupid fucking world just finally spin off it’s axis? Or at least take breaks from trying to stop it, to focus on the good stuff, and recharge. That’s the best I’ve got anyway.

Thank you for the wonderful compliment, and much love to you as well. I really enjoy your posts, so I hope you stick around.

Sounds like you might just need some time off this site instead of leaving it for good. Right now things are pretty turbulent because of all the console warring and FUD spreading that's happening on all fronts.

Taking some time off could allow you to return to a much calmer environment.

However if you don't feel like you can ever be comfortable here leaving this place permanently is your choice and I respect it.

Moogle11

Banned
is the warring really that serious, what's going on over there

It's pretty bad. I've just taken to using the ignore thread feature to hide most of the next gen threads as I couldn't care less which is more powerful, which will sell more etc. The gaming side would be better if more members spent more time talking about games they're playing or looking forward to rather than all this console warring nonsense. I try, but I'm not playing a ton of games lately and don't have much to post about Animal Crossing and occasionally bumping my Kingdom Hearts series LTTP thread. I'm looking forward to TLOU2, but mostly staying away from threads on that for fear of spoilers and annoyance overall the stupid posts about the agenda, "SJWs", Neil "Cuckmann" etc.

Has any thought been given to creating a subforum of Gaming for discussing/comparing hardware specs, games/hardware sales etc. and leaving the main Gaming area for game announcements, preview threads, review threads, OTs and news that isn't console warrior bait?

IDK if that would just be more fuel on the fire as the bickering there would be worse and create more headaches for mods and more animosity that bleeds into other areas. But it may give the discussion of people, you know, actually playing and enjoying games more of a chance to rise to the top vs. getting buried under all the warring threads.

Last edited:

GHG

nvm, not worth it

It doesn't matter. People need to do better and not react to bullshit. Brush it off, laugh at the idiots who entered the thread to try and fuck it up (report them if that's your style) and then get back to having fun.

If you react to it in the way that some people did then the trolls have achieved what they set out to do. Don't give them the satisfaction.

For me the crux of the problem is the fact that some people take it all too seriously, and then when they do decide to engage they lack the maturity/intelligence/articulation required to put these people in their place without resorting to shit flinging and personal insults.

There are some absolute savage jokes that people make here at times when putting people in their place and it's absolutely allowed (unlike some other places that shall not be named) as long as it doesn't become too personal. It's no coincidence that the same people keep on getting banned and then come back (whether legitimately or via alt accounts) and then make exactly the same mistakes. People are given a lot of rope with which to hang themselves but some people only have a single mode in which they can operate in - being overly sensitive, aggressive and disingenuous. If that's the case it's only ever going to end in tears.

Just my two cents based on my observations.

-Arcadia-

Banned
is the warring really that serious, what's going on over there

what gif best describes our situation, i cannot keep up with this shit

Lu7ckpy.gif

Lu7ckpy.gif

I think things are good. The warriors are mostly confined to idiot threads, and dismissed when they join the wider board. They aren’t knocking entire threads off course, or any of it. Every now and then, you have to laugh at or ignore a really dumb post (maybe with a few follow ups) but it’s not a big deal.

It doesn't matter. People need to do better and not react to bullshit. Brush it off, laugh at the idiots who entered the thread to try and fuck it up (report them if that's your style) and then get back to having fun.

I think it's kinda bullshit to just give the shit-stirring a free pass though. People in the Meme Thread are supposed to just brush off the baiting attempts yet people in the Spec OT get reported straight to hell for pretty tame shit.

You seem to give one side a free pass an awful lot. I have witnessed you showcase some pretty obvious double-standards numerous times.

Sure, people should just ignore it, but that doesn't make it cool for it to keep happening in the first place.

Last edited:

GHG

I think it's kinda bullshit to just give the shit-stirring a free pass though. People in the Meme Thread are supposed to just brush off the baiting attempts yet people in the Spec OT get reported straight to hell for pretty tame shit.

You seem to give one side a free pass an awful lot.

Sure, people should just ignore it, but that doesn't make it cool for it to keep happening in the first place.

At the end of the day there are some threads that are more serious than others, it's a case of "read the room".

I don't frequent (or post in) the Xbox meme thread nor do I frequent (or post in) the next gen war thread. I will pop my head in those threads if they are linked in the threads I do go to often but apart from that I have no interest. If those threads suffer from trolls more than other threads then it goes with the territory, it's to be expected. They are quite literally containment threads, for the most part they serve their purpose but sometimes bullshit from those threads spill out onto other threads.

If you feel that I give a pass to "one side" more than another then that's your view, I can't change that. I'm not keeping count and I don't care to either. I'm not overly concerned about 'sides', this isn't sports teams. Firstly all I care about is whether the people here are capable of having a laugh, and then secondary to that, a healthy discussion/debate when the situation warrants it.

It's pretty bad. I've just taken to using the ignore thread feature to hide most of the next gen threads as I couldn't care less which is more powerful, which will sell more etc.
This is what I do, though I include some games as well. PC gamer only, I just don't care. I swear I've put about 50 SSD threads on ignore, and I don't even want to guess how many LoU 2 threads.

Moogle11

Banned
This is what I do, though I include some games as well. PC gamer only, I just don't care. I swear I've put about 50 SSD threads on ignore, and I don't even want to guess how many LoU 2 threads.

Yeah, I love the ignore thread feature. It's just great for hiding threads I don't care about that are getting a lot of posts and staying on the front page and burying things I may care about. I'm rarely bothered to click past the first page on forums.

It's unfortunate traditional forum traffic has died as I much preferred it when it was busy enough to have subforums for each platform etc. But it's just not and places with that set up like Cheapassgamer, DVD Talk, Bluray.com etc. that I used to frequent are largely ghost towns now with too little traffic spread across too many subforums.

Along with needing a work e-mail (and not wanting to provide mine) a big reason I never joined GAF back in the day was that I preferred those sites with dedicated subforums as there was less console warring as discussion other platforms was off topic and against the rules for the most part. CAG did have a general gaming forum, but it was mostly useless and just a clique of nerds chatting with each other in one thread.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
I'm asking for a permanent ban. Like people in this thread mentioned it already playstation fans can say whatever they want without any penalty and it's obvious people arnt treated equally here on neogaf.

For example "geordiemp".
Geordie has edited his post now but I remember what he wrote before his edit and if someone else would start calling playstation fans dicks in PS5 nextgen thread he would be banned for posting such comment in no time (maybe even permanently). Of course because geordie is a playstation fan and gold member he can do whatever he want, because the same rules dont apply to him.

Few days ago my post was removed just because I have wrote "music to my ears" in response to post that mentioned XSX leak and today I was removed from next gen discussion for really absurd reason again (I thought people can speculate in speculation thread, but apparently not even when it was a fair speculation based on available info and gonzalo leak). Playstation brand fans can speculate how much they want and even suggest absurd things like XSX I/O is even below 500 MB/s (based on BC game load times alone) and make fun from people waiting for XSX across multiple pages later on, yet I have mentioned PS5 GPU clock just once and..... 😉😅

But enough is enough. I say big NO to such unfair rules and I dont want to be a part of such community, where only playstation brand fans are allowed into discussion without any "gifts" from the mods. I'm saying playstation brand for a reason, because people who just like playstation games are fine 👍🙂 (in fact I like playstation games for myself).

Why don't people just leave instead of making some ridiculous 'statement', by requesting a permaban. Take a break and come back when you're feeling better. This achieves fuck all. Well, except the permaban.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: GHG
Why don't people just leave instead of making some ridiculous 'statement', by requesting a permaban. Take a break and come back when you're feeling better. This achieves fuck all. Well, except the permaban.

They could always ask for a temp. Sometimes being away from Gaf for a while is all that's needed.

A permanent ban is a bit extreme in my opinion. I know they are doing this to make a statement but it only makes them look a little bad in my opinion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
A temp ban leads to some seemingly enjoying a hero's welcome a bit too much every time they return though.

Sterling88

I guess it's their way of trying to make a big deal of it? But it'd be much better to actually talk to the mod team and air their grievances than leaving in protest and not accepting that things might change for the better.

I guess it's their way of trying to make a big deal of it? But it'd be much better to actually talk to the mod team and air their grievances than leaving in protest and not accepting that things might change for the better.

I've witnessed people come back from a perm or have their sentenced reduced after talking to the mods. I don't see why they didn't just have a chat with them first before storming out this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom