• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann - "Our new project is something very fresh for our Studio" (new IP confirmed yet again)

Rac3r

I really don’t want to hear anything from Neil/ND after they canceled TLOU online. I’ll be there for their next game when it’s available for purchase, but until then, nothing they say carries any weight for me.

sachos

When Elden Ring came out he seemed to be really impressed by it, i really hope they are giving a chance to the genre. That would be crazy with their production quality.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
It's a social ARG game developed with Druckman, Kojima, and cocaine. It's main feature is releasing TLOU over and over for four gens and then closing ND and moving to KP, where in an ironic twist of fate, Druckman works on the newly sold IP Prequel to MGS5 starring Quiet. She'll be modeled and mocapped by Anita Sarkeesian and Kojima will have a four hour cutscene with Quiet explaining sexism in gaming (and war) while the camera tries to fly up her vagina and between her tits.

...and then see what everyone thinks.

T0minator

PlayStation (especially Nintendo and even Xbox) needs to give us new faces and characters. That's what gets me excited about Naughty Dog and Santa Monica creating new faces for Playstation.

Nathan Drake was upbeat and funny
Joel and Ellie were more serious

The new main character hopefully is something more sci-fi and badass

Fabieter

It's hyperbole when you claim that nothing has surpassed it "in terms of... anything really". There are games which have far better narrative and level designs that plenty of people could name, but I guess you could argue it's subjective.

It'd definitely subjective but iam curious what you think surpassed it?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Bump with new (re-confirming) info
Today, there's a hit show on HBO based on the game, with a second season on the horizon. And yet, said Druckmann, who is now the sole leader of Naughty Dog, "I promise you, we will not be 'The Last of Us' studio forever." Numerous games, he said, are in the works, including "multiple single-player projects."

SONY ... HOLD A DAMN SHOWCASE.

I want to see at least one of these things. christ

SHA

It must be Google friendly for the love of God, like I just typed Joel on Google and the auto complete sentence is is dead, I'd literally burn giant internet cables between continents for not spoiling the story, this is literally a crime scene that Google just pretend it didn't exist cause that's their selling point, that's how they build their fortune.

midnightAI

GOY7pMfaMAAbqap

Heres what he ACTUALLY said in that interview everyone was going haywire over.

God damn sony needs a showcase - I cant wait to see what this is.

- Most excited he's been on a project
- Something very fresh for the studio.

My bet is something open world.

Savage Starlight...

Happy Paul Rudd GIF by Saturday Night Live

Stooky

5-6 years for a game with a length between 10 and 40 hours? I envy your strength and perseverance as fans of AAA studios.
right on brother! it’s soooooo much work being fan. the fortitude, mental strength to keep the haters at bay. i do 10 sets of kettle bell swings a day, keeps my back strong to carry the weight of my beautiful AAA studios. haters beware my pimp hand is strong!

near

Gold Member

GOY7pMfaMAAbqap

Heres what he ACTUALLY said in that interview everyone was going haywire over.

God damn sony needs a showcase - I cant wait to see what this is.

- Most excited he's been on a project
- Something very fresh for the studio.

My bet is something open world.

He actually remastered the interview, what a legend.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Less talking more showing. No one cares what he has to say. We love his games. His wife and kids love him. Talk to them. Give us the games. And we will pay him $70 for it. No one gets misconstrued.

He hasn’t made a game in 4 years. Just stop talking.
Why can't he do both? Talk and then show later.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's pretty obvious his new game will be:

Hollywood Simulator: From Gaming to TV Shows

Plot: Take control of Ned Buckman and climb the corporate ladder making games like Unmapped and The Second Last of Us. If all goes well, you'll transition to Showtime TV shows where you can achieve your life goal walking the Red Carpet while forgetting about your video game roots.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Surprise us all and evolve the Souls like genre. Animation wise at least. I wonder how many would be pissed about that lol. I'd love it.

Top Bottom