• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Todd Howard Teases Fallout Project He Can't Reveal Yet - News

Draugoth

Gold Member
todd-howard-potentially-teases-fallout-project-he-cant-reveal-yet-834907_expanded.jpg

Bethesda Game Studios Executive Producer and Director Todd Howard in an interview with Kinda Funny Games might have teased a new Fallout project that is in the works that he is not allowed to discuss yet.

"We look at what we are doing with the [Fallout] franchise and then we say do we still feel good about - I can't reveal it now - but here is our runway for Fallout as a franchise,"

said Howard.

What are we doing on mobile. What are we doing in [Fallout 76]. What are we doing with this thing. What are we doing with this other thing. And when are these landing. And again if I could snap my fingers and have them all be out and ready I would. But the main thing is how do we deliver these at a high quality level. That is always most important."

via VGChartz

Last edited:
What are we doing on mobile. What are we doing in [Fallout 76]. What are we doing with this thing. What are we doing with this other thing. And when are these landing. And again if I could snap my fingers and have them all be out and ready I would. But the main thing is how do we deliver these at a high quality level. That is always most important."

oh, yeah, baby! (snapping fingers)...

todd howard: techie, beatnik...

Soodanim

Gold Member
Even though we're past that now, I still get a bit worried when I see the word "mobile" in threads for known IPs. Don't even mention it, Toddward.

F3 Remaster could be interesting, because I don't know how that would go. The modding scene was a lot less mature* than it is now, and so was the engine, so if they port the game to the most recent engine version you'd need to see a brand new mod scene. It would be a good opportunity to start fresh.

*In terms of capabilities and design philosophies. The early FO4 modding compared to now is quite different, and I would not recommend those early mods. For a more extreme example look at what's now possible in Skyrim. DLL mods have made the impossible possible.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Oh, get fucked Todd. Starfield was a boring mess, and you’re too scared/egotistical to let somebody else make a decent Fallout game.

Dazraell

As others have said, it's most likely Fallout 3 remaster which was mentioned alongside Oblivion remaster in court documents accidentally leaked by Microsoft

SJRB

Gold Member
Please stop taking this guy so serious, he's an absolute goofball just winging it and by some miracle actually getting away with it for the most part.

Kupfer

"Oh we're getting pressure from Microsoft because Fallout is going through the roof and the momentum should be used to announce a new game.
But we don't actually have anything yet because we, as a company, are now incapable of functioning, but sending out cryptic messages to warm up the hypetrain always works."

81YxhLF.jpeg

#justtoddhowardthings

Last edited:

Impotaku

Guessing a hastily slapped together mobile game to take advantage of the hype.

Will be guaranteed broken and riddled with mtx on release. That’s the Howard guarantee.

First official hints at the FO3 Remake/ster
I would seriously hope that it’s this, otherwise they would be wasting the ESO team’s time and talent to make a game that would directly compete with Fallout 76.

I can’t think of any other Zenimax team that is working on a new unannounced project that would be within orbit of Fallout or ES franchises.

Hudo

Yeah, you fucked up your production pipeline Todd, we know. Can't wait for Fallout 5 being a pure FPS in 2040, while Obsidian and inXile fuck around with god knows what, instead of making Fallout for you.

Dazraell

I would seriously hope that it’s this, otherwise they would be wasting the ESO team’s time and talent to make a game that would directly compete with Fallout 76.

I can’t think of any other Zenimax team that is working on a new unannounced project that would be within orbit of Fallout or ES franchises.
According to past rumors Oblivion remaster is developed by Virtuos. Assuming this rumor is true, it's quite possible F3 remaster is also handled by them considering both games shares the same engine

Gojiira

Banned
‘High Quality’ Fuck off Todd…F3 is a rose tinted glasses protected meh rpg, Fallout 4 is a outright godawful rpg, and 76 is just bad…So so bad…Wheres the goddamn quality?

Stafford

Officially the remaster/remake of Fallout 3 hasn't been confirmed, right? That it?

That being said, in those quotes I don't see much of a tease for a new project?

Last edited:
Good for him - not many people would have the courage to delay announcing a new game when the IP is booming due to a TV show, until nobody gives a shit anymore.

Top Bottom