• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed first look coming May 21st [Seemingly NFS: Underground]

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

4 year development? Taking that whole post with a grain of salt.

Uh-oh. 30fps. Gonna get hot in here. If true.

And wow, in dev since 2011.
All racing games should be 60fps IMO but Horizon was great and it was only 30fps. Not completely opposed to 30fps.

Still, if it's announced and confirmed 30fps there is gonna be a lengthy thread about that subject alone.

The scale of that map is all over the place, pretty sure it isn't real.
To be fair that looks like something he made himself out of memory or a very early reference map.

Yoday

Seems incredibly fake. Every bit of information sounds like something anyone could speculate about, and why the hell would someone break an NDA the day of a reveal.

ODDI

Any doubt now?
Reveal tomorrow.

DYDxke0.jpg
Awwww man that green reminds of that custom 370z in UG2, Brooke Brooke confirmed.

Syntsui

Didn't Horizon and Drive Club proved 30fps is a non issue for a non sim racer? I mean, 60fps is always good but they probably want to focus on good graphics and all that. Let's see if the rumors are true.

yeah no this map is the fakest shit ever made. Can't believe someone spent days to make this, or he just stole if from somewhere haha.

I did learn one thing from that Reddit link, which is that Honda apparently doesn't allow their cars to appear in games that involve police chases. Given how popular Honda's are in the modding seem, that would seem reason enough to keep cops out of the series.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
What if it's not Underground but a Carbon 2 instead? lol

then fuck it.

can tell that list above is fake simply from the music genres listed. I could be wrong as I've skipped the last 3 or 4 nfs games but I don't think rnb was in any of them.

CHC

I did learn one thing from that Reddit link, which is that Honda apparently doesn't allow their cars to appear in games that involve police chases. Given how popular Honda's are in the modding seem, that would seem reason enough to keep cops out of the series.

That's a really funny rule, so... wholesome.
I honestly would not miss police chases though, they were the worst part of the best game (Hot Pursuit) in my opinion.

v1lla21

Lol what a bullshit post. Scale is off on the map so that's a clear giveaway. Not only that but the fact that he leaks this info on the day of reveal and that all the shit he said can be guessed by anyone makes this fake.

T_Exige

Pagani Zonda R Cinque? I never heared about that one.
Zonda Cinque and Zonda R are 2 different cars...

That map is too big and lots of affordable cars missing, Civic, S2000, Megane RS, Elise all come to mind.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
then fuck it.

can tell that list above is fake simply from the music genres listed. I could be wrong as I've skipped the last 3 or 4 nfs games but I don't think rnb was in any of them.
But it fits the Underground scene, rap, hip hop, RnB, some alternative rock etc.
The 4 NFS's wasn't into that based on the type of racing scene it was.
Those genres go hand-in-hand with Street racing and import racers.

4 year development? Taking that whole post with a grain of salt.

All racing games should be 60fps IMO but Horizon was great and it was only 30fps. Not completely opposed to 30fps.

Still, if it's announced and confirmed 30fps there is gonna be a lengthy thread about that subject alone.

To be fair that looks like something he made himself out of memory or a very early reference map.

It will be 30fps. It's EA afterall and the Need for Speed serie has always been 30fps. Yeah it sucks because i also wish all racing games were 60fps but it is what it is. I miss a good 60fps arcade racer like Burnout or Ridge Racer.

Remark

Banned
As long as the Honda Civic is in there I'm good tbh.

When is this "reveal" suppose to happen anyways.

EDIT: DRIFTING BETTER BE IN THE GAME THAT WAS MY FAVORITE SHIT MANE D:

As long as the Honda Civic is in there I'm good tbh.

When is this "reveal" suppose to happen anyways.

Yup, and Fiesta/Focus ST's and I will be in heaven.

Anyone find it strange that, In this day and age, where customization is rife in games and people love it, Underground didn't happen sooner ?

Azzawon

Yup, and Fiesta/Focus ST's and I will be in heaven.

Anyone find it strange that, In this day and age, where customization is rife in games and people love it, Underground didn't happen sooner ?

We are talking about EA though, they've only just started listening to what people want after so many years :p

If we shout loud enough they might even drop the exclusive Porsche licence they have
who am I kidding :'(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
As if we're gonna get any NFS game with any restraint with the car list. Ricers are humans deep underneath; they need dreams, goals and automotive motivation within their reach too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom