• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Live 16 Demo and Facescan live!

Oh GOD
YEEEESS
. Was it Live or 2k that had the messed up thread last year where evey other face was deformed?

That was 2K

B6J87SqCUAI9eEd.jpg

Sandfox

So are we gonna talk about the demo botching player's likenesses?

CPNv2a0VEAAs1ob.png

CPNv2Z1UwAAXh2d.png

These guys are rookies and their models won't be added until launch. That being said, a lot of the other models are really bad and I know people have issues with the animations.

Jesus Christ NBA Live. Just hang it up.

Edit: Actually no don't hang it up because competition is good but please scrap this and start from scratch.

Stop living in the past and speaking shit.

The game is very solid right now. Visually, it has surpassed the great Visual Concepts and beat 2K at it's own game.

Gameplay wise, it can be a mixed bag but you can certainly have some amazing games from start to finish (the demo offers 5 teams to play as and against and you can change the length, so you are not really limited).

Sliders work quite well and there's going to be a day 1 patch that fixes a few things.

Very positive for those who haven't played the series in a year or more (and a small step and some polish for those who played 15).

mreddie

I hope Live brings back the swagger it lost back when it was Elite. The better the competition, the better the games.

ron_bato

Stop living in the past and speaking shit.

The game is very solid right now. Visually, it has surpassed the great Visual Concepts and beat 2K at it's own game.

Let's not go crazy now. It's an improvement but the player models still suck for a lot of the players.

CPPbzFvUYAA8pDl.jpg

Gameplay has improved and its a solid building block, but there's still too many weaknesses and jank in the game to be considered a legitimate threat to 2k. At least they're headed in the right direction.

Sandfox

There is quite a bit of bad press going around now and that's the last thing this game needed given the recent history of the franchise.

longdi

Banned
When i see face scanning, i keep thinking why do people willingly send out photos of yourselves to some corporates?

kAmui-

Some of these are pretty funny. These combined with some of the hilarious glitches in the other thread does not make this game look good though.

Gameplay has improved and its a solid building block, but there's still too many weaknesses and jank in the game to be considered a legitimate threat to 2k. At least they're headed in the right direction.

Weren't people saying this last year too?

ron_bato

S
Weren't people saying this last year too?

When you're game sucks, it's going to take more than one year to become much better, and in this case, it's going to take more than a few years before they can close the gap with 2k especially after sitting out years due to the Elite mishap. That's the trouble with sports games and one year cycles. There's usually something devs want to implement in year one, but have to wait year two or maybe year three for it to be fully realized.

Case in point, off-ball movement in NBA Live 16 is legitimately good this year. I had one play where KD was being denied the ball and being played tight by his defender in one possession, and the CPU recognized this and made a back cut, which i immediately recognized and hit KD for a dunk. That kind of action didn't happen in Live 15. Shooters move around the floor much better, and screens and dribble hand-offs look much improved this year.

I still don't like that animations are too much in control and i can't break loose from them once I initiate a move, or that input lag is really bad especially on rebounding and defense. And defense? Forget about it, it's still a parade to the paint. There's still a lot of work to be done, and they're not going to address all of that in a year.

Heck 2K's vision for NBA 2k14 with their foot planting technology, is only truly being realized in 2k16. Last year, they implemented different freelance offenses but were severely limited because of their time constraint, and this year, they've expanded the amount of freelance offenses you can run.

Dont let the internet fool you, EA Tiburon is making strides with Live.

Here are some sliders to enhance cpu challenge on Superstar difficulty.

And since nobody is mentioning it, Accelerated Clock is one of the best features for a basketball game yet.

12046823_10204400676127669_3143403297148093510_n.jpg

11261787_10204400676807686_5317238059780295000_n.jpg

11138132_10204400677207696_3501238260850003425_n.jpg

Live hasn't been shit since 2005.

Now I want it to rapidly get better so 2k can get some competition already. Competition is king, loyalty and fanboy wars are useless.

Top Bottom