• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K24 adds a season pass.

NBA 2K24 has just added a season pass where the most expensive version will be $20 every 6 weeks:

77096e02a77e215d45a6dffe2cb5c698.jpg

So, you could potentially be paying at least $70 for the game, about $100 for every build and another $180 for seasons (9 seasons).

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Well, that's on anyone that would rather pay for something they can get for free.

Stuff like this is fair to me as long as what it takes to attain these things without paying for them isn't unrealistic.

Dthomp

This pisses me off, it's been a down year for me gaming wise and personally and basketball is my favorite sport so I was gonna pony up for this years version, but I'm beyond fed up with this "season pass/battle pass" bullshit in EVERY fucking video game. We brought this on ourselves by first embracing multiple DLCs for our games saying it's to tide us over until the next big release turned into, It's ok, season passes are only in the FTP titles so that they can earn money to keep the doors open, to now full price (above what they should cost) games tacking this shit into full price titles. I had skipped quite a few years of 2k because of the stupid "The City" nonsense, I just want my old 2k games where I made my dude and picked PLAY NEXT GAME and didn't have to role play as some punk who had it rough, couldn't cut it and now is a "mogul" or whatever the fuck that is instead of just playing a sports game. I hate the current timeline we live in....

Spyxos

Gold Member
I was happy to see that the lootboxes are gone. But it doesn't look much better with the season passes. Just one evil swapped for another.

Kilau

This pisses me off, it's been a down year for me gaming wise and personally and basketball is my favorite sport so I was gonna pony up for this years version, but I'm beyond fed up with this "season pass/battle pass" bullshit in EVERY fucking video game. We brought this on ourselves by first embracing multiple DLCs for our games saying it's to tide us over until the next big release turned into, It's ok, season passes are only in the FTP titles so that they can earn money to keep the doors open, to now full price (above what they should cost) games tacking this shit into full price titles. I had skipped quite a few years of 2k because of the stupid "The City" nonsense, I just want my old 2k games where I made my dude and picked PLAY NEXT GAME and didn't have to role play as some punk who had it rough, couldn't cut it and now is a "mogul" or whatever the fuck that is instead of just playing a sports game. I hate the current timeline we live in....

d43.png

Top Bottom