• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Rumor MS updating XCloud to 1080p/moving to Series X infrastructure

Iced Arcade

Oct 3, 2013
Canada eh
That Gamepass keeps getting better and better. Jokes aside I use this a lot at work, connected to wifi it works flawless.

Last edited:

LordBlodgett

Dec 8, 2020
1080p should be a big improvement and will help a lot with newer mobile devices, but they need to try to move towards 1440p if they really want it to be big on PC and browser,

azertydu91

Sep 11, 2013
France
I get the 1080p that seems logic but using series X for its infrastructure seems too early. They can't produce enough consoles compared to the demand.

Reactions: fatmarco
Nov 7, 2020
It begins.........

Iced Arcade

Oct 3, 2013
Canada eh
1080p should be a big improvement and will help a lot with newer mobile devices, but they need to try to move towards 1440p if they really want it to be big on PC and browser,
I'd agree but anyone with a 1440p compatible display would probably just use gamepass/games.

Streaming XCloud on pc will be beneficial for those without powerful rigs imo

Hip Hop

Jan 14, 2013
U.S.A.
idc what anyone says. cloud gaming is the future, we wont need consoles. Just a screen. It’s not there yet of course, but it will be one day, it’s the inevitable.

Sony and Nintendo will fall short if they dont start taking it seriously.

Foorbits

Nov 14, 2008
Are they saying the xcloud version of local remote play will also get touch controls? That is sorely needed on the xbox app... even PS Remote has that.

Thanati

Oct 21, 2011
Cloud gaming, for me, is the future for sure. Just signed up for GeForce now and love it. I used to have Stadia but got too pissed off at Google’s stupid approach and limited games library. Cancelled my sub last month.

This update by MS is great. Looking forward to trying it when it’s available.

DonJuanSchlong

Spice Spice Baby
Jul 15, 2020
And pass up an opportunity with the current momentum? It's tradition.

Either way, don't take it seriously. I don't.
I mean, neither consoles have much going for themselves in terms of next gen games. Sony games coming to PC, as well as Microsoft. Not really sure if there is much room to troll at this point. That's why I'm on PC. 💪

• LOL
Reactions: Darius87

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
I mean, neither consoles have much going for themselves in terms of next gen games. Sony games coming to PC, as well as Microsoft. Not really sure if there is much room to troll at this point. That's why I'm on PC. 💪
Nothing wrong with that. Variety is the spice of life.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Gamezone

Gold Member
Nov 2, 2014
Norway
Is it possible that they at some point will move their entire library to xCloud for purchase? I'm a casual Xbox gamer, but there's no way I'm buying an Xbox. Full priced games trough xCloud would be nice.

reksveks

Jun 4, 2020
Is it possible that they at some point will move their entire library to xCloud for purchase? I'm a casual Xbox gamer, but there's no way I'm buying an Xbox. Full priced games trough xCloud would be nice.
Think the idea is that Microsoft is trying to push, think there are already quotes from Phil Spencer stating that but it's probably stuck in contract hell.

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
It doesnt matter. We are here to have fun but these kinds of post derail the thread and encourage others to console war, even if you are joking, so best not to.
You’re right, happy to take it on the chin

RyRy93

Oct 15, 2020
Doesn't work quite as well as Stadia on my phone and sometimes I get ugly artifacts even when I'm on a 5ghz connection, it'll be a nice way to try out Series X/S exclusives though.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Nov 2, 2014
Norway
Think the idea is that Microsoft is trying to push, think there are already quotes from Phil Spencer stating that but it's probably stuck in contract hell.

Yeah, but it shouldn't be that hard. If you already paid for your game, there's no way you would pay twice to get access to the cloud or hardware.

reksveks

Jun 4, 2020
Yeah, but it shouldn't be that hard. If you already paid for your game, there's no way you would pay twice to get access to the cloud or hardware.
Yeah, but publishers are going to have to accept that reality. Thankfully the Stadia experimental might have failed enough to set publishers expectations correctly.

Bernkastel

Mar 8, 2018
There are no quotes from Microsoft stating anything like that. But there are quotes stating the reverse. This is like those Microsoft will turn Windows into a subscription and make it cloud only leading to year of Linux desktop conspiracies. Game Pass can never wrap all the thousands game in the store into one subscription.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

reksveks

Jun 4, 2020
There are no quotes from Microsoft stating anything like that. But there are quotes stating the reverse. This is like those Microsoft will turn Windows into a subscription and make it cloud only leading to year of Linux desktop conspiracies. Game Pass can never wrap all the thousands game in the store into one subscription.

'We believe in the freedom to play and the freedom to choose. In 2020 we will enable gamers to stream from the cloud Xbox games that they already own or will purchase.'

Also the windows as a service play is a play for business users like some of their Surface plans.