• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS updating XCloud to 1080p/moving to Series X infrastructure

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I get the 1080p that seems logic but using series X for its infrastructure seems too early. They can't produce enough consoles compared to the demand.

It begins.........
200.gif

Hip Hop

idc what anyone says. cloud gaming is the future, we wont need consoles. Just a screen. It’s not there yet of course, but it will be one day, it’s the inevitable.

Sony and Nintendo will fall short if they dont start taking it seriously.

Interfectum

Are they saying the xcloud version of local remote play will also get touch controls? That is sorely needed on the xbox app... even PS Remote has that.

mcjmetroid

I haven't used this in a while. Does the app still not give you a choice of resolution? That was my biggest annoyance at the time.

Thanati

Cloud gaming, for me, is the future for sure. Just signed up for GeForce now and love it. I used to have Stadia but got too pissed off at Google’s stupid approach and limited games library. Cancelled my sub last month.

This update by MS is great. Looking forward to trying it when it’s available.

Are they saying the xcloud version of local remote play will also get touch controls? That is sorely needed on the xbox app... even PS Remote has that.

Xcloud already supports touch controls in games like Forza Horizon 4, Hellblade etc.. You don't need to use a controller.

Last edited:
And pass up an opportunity with the current momentum? It's tradition.

Either way, don't take it seriously. I don't.
I mean, neither consoles have much going for themselves in terms of next gen games. Sony games coming to PC, as well as Microsoft. Not really sure if there is much room to troll at this point. That's why I'm on PC. 💪

Gamezone

Gold Member
Is it possible that they at some point will move their entire library to xCloud for purchase? I'm a casual Xbox gamer, but there's no way I'm buying an Xbox. Full priced games trough xCloud would be nice.

reksveks

Is it possible that they at some point will move their entire library to xCloud for purchase? I'm a casual Xbox gamer, but there's no way I'm buying an Xbox. Full priced games trough xCloud would be nice.
Think the idea is that Microsoft is trying to push, think there are already quotes from Phil Spencer stating that but it's probably stuck in contract hell.

RyRy93

Doesn't work quite as well as Stadia on my phone and sometimes I get ugly artifacts even when I'm on a 5ghz connection, it'll be a nice way to try out Series X/S exclusives though.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Think the idea is that Microsoft is trying to push, think there are already quotes from Phil Spencer stating that but it's probably stuck in contract hell.

Yeah, but it shouldn't be that hard. If you already paid for your game, there's no way you would pay twice to get access to the cloud or hardware.

reksveks

Yeah, but it shouldn't be that hard. If you already paid for your game, there's no way you would pay twice to get access to the cloud or hardware.
Yeah, but publishers are going to have to accept that reality. Thankfully the Stadia experimental might have failed enough to set publishers expectations correctly.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
There are no quotes from Microsoft stating anything like that. But there are quotes stating the reverse. This is like those Microsoft will turn Windows into a subscription and make it cloud only leading to year of Linux desktop conspiracies. Game Pass can never wrap all the thousands game in the store into one subscription.

Last edited:

reksveks

There are no quotes from Microsoft stating anything like that. But there are quotes stating the reverse. This is like those Microsoft will turn Windows into a subscription and make it cloud only leading to year of Linux desktop conspiracies. Game Pass can never wrap all the thousands game in the store into one subscription.

'We believe in the freedom to play and the freedom to choose. In 2020 we will enable gamers to stream from the cloud Xbox games that they already own or will purchase.'

Also the windows as a service play is a play for business users like some of their Surface plans.

Top Bottom