• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mount & Blade 2 is out tomorrow on console, anyone here play it? Thoughts?

Freeman76

Not sure about it, played the first one a little but it was too janky and I struggled to get into it. The trailer looks really good and like they improved it a lot? Just wondering what GAF opinions are since its my go-to place for gaming related discussions.

Also, is it an early access/game preview or full release?

Thank you

Guilty_AI

Full release, has been on early access for a while now. Been keeping an eye out for it but i'm not planning on playing it any time soon since the game looks like something you need to pour tons of hours into.

Playing it on SX and it’s pretty stable so far, I kinda expected it to be a complete shitshow but it’s anything but. The controls take a bit of getting used to coming from Warband (mainly unit commands and the world map stuff) but it’s definitely a hell of an upgrade. There’s no other game like it, so it’s a hard game to criticize.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Good game on PC. Bought it on PS5 and it’s carried over very well. As the above poster mentioned, some controls take getting used to.

I can see this game infuriating a lot of the console folk though. Definitely takes time to get used to its nuances and gameplay.

Good game on PC. Bought it on PS5 and it’s carried over very well. As the above poster mentioned, some controls take getting used to.

I can see this game infuriating a lot of the console folk though. Definitely takes time to get used to its nuances and gameplay.

Yeah, it’s a game where you‘re going to get your ass kicked in if you aren’t patient and figure things out, and it’s autosave isn’t very generous either, but that part is kinda the point.

The other thing too is they really don’t have a good tutorial on the world map and not very intuitive; to hit the menu items on the bottom left you have to hit B/circle to detach the cursor from the world map to click it…it’s just weird, and there’s no tutorial on it. Same thing with units, they don’t tell you about hitting down on dpad on the card to specify squads for orders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom