• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorcycle owners.

Motor-powered 2 wheel GAFers I want to see what ya'll own. List of mods; future bikes you're eyeing, photos, videos. Searched and found a few threads that were either necro'd or I didn't have privileges to post in. Most forums pertaining to motorcycles seem dead right now.

Currently own a 2016 Versys 1000 for trips and 2 up and just bought a 2020 Street Triple RS for fun quick riding. I used to have a Ducati 748 and a Ducati 1098.

What do you have?

780525.jpg

Since this is a gaming forum, I'd show my love of one of my favorite NES games growing up.
jpaGuVX.jpg

Funnily enough, people would always come up to me and say that it was a cool reference to Street Fighter. LoL

My CBR that sits rotting away now because the DMV refuses to give me a license without a car license...even though i spent 250 on the safety class and passed it, and then took an observation test and passed it. They keep making up rules everytime i go concerning this situation, they just make stuff up on the spot. Last time i went for the observation test..passed...then when i came back around the block he asked me to do serpentine...i argued i didnt have to...nothing was mentioned at any point ever about it until i came back around the block. Ive looked it up..theres no laws..it was stuff made up on the spot. So yea i didnt pass i put my foot down of course....so no idea how i can go above the dmv or who to call. This is actually the brief version...full version is this has taken two years and the dmv says something new each time i go to take care of this.

Welcome to California incompetency....

kETLgnz.jpg

I used ta have a 2006 Yamaha R1 (limited edition) back in the days till someone smashed me with his car, tryed the Suzuki GSXR 1000 i think the first model that had modes (600-750-1000cc), then Harley Davidson Fat Bob, i'm not sure i'll go back driving motorcycles it's too dangerous, i just wanna live a healthy life :messenger_grinning:

I was all about sport bikes back in the day but I eventually realized that for about 85% of riding most people do, they are fucking terrible. Uncomfortable as hell, hot, stiff frames where you cant feel shit unless you are hauling ass. They are really amazing at that last 15% though: track days, and curvy roads to a lesser extent.

My CBR that sits rotting away now because the DMV refuses to give me a license without a car license...even though i spent 250 on the safety class and passed it, and then took an observation test and passed it. They keep making up rules everytime i go concerning this situation, they just make stuff up on the spot. Last time i went for the observation test..passed...then when i came back around the block he asked me to do serpentine...i argued i didnt have to...nothing was mentioned at any point ever about it until i came back around the block. Ive looked it up..theres no laws..it was stuff made up on the spot. So yea i didnt pass i put my foot down of course....so no idea how i can go above the dmv or who to call. This is actually the brief version...full version is this has taken two years and the dmv says something new each time i go to take care of this.

kETLgnz.jpg

You mean the figure 8? I was told by my instructor way back in the day that its better to go outside of the box when doing it than to put your foot down. Foot down = insta-fail. Outside the cones is just points off.

kETLgnz.jpg

kETLgnz.jpg
Damn, guess it really as bad as I've heard.

Garibaldi

It's in the garage at the moment due to the lockdown but this is Brucie:

yzEWYYS.jpg

Mods wise:

• VentureShield PP
  • Zero G Corsa Smoke Screen
  • Ilmberger Carbon Intake
  • GB Racing engine covers
  • Evotech Oil/Rad guards
  • Lightech frame/axle sliders
  • Giles Tooling Titanium rear axle safety nut
  • Lightech chain adjusters
  • Samco hoses
  • SP Engineering Tail tidy
  • Techspec tank grips
  • Motografix tank pad
  • Pazzo Levers
  • Carbon hugger and chain guard
  • D.I.D Gold chain
  • Captive rear wheel spacers
  • Sprint air filter
  • Giles Tooling oil cap

I've ripped the full exhaust out since the pic above and put a full inconel/carbon Austin Racing pipe on it (with RapidBike Racing fuel map) and a Ilmberger carbon belly pan/undertray. Giles tooling FXR rearsets too.

Looking at some carbon wheels next when some investments come in and a few more carbon bits to replace the rest of the un painted plastics. Then he's done.

Those Ilmberger carbon pieces are pricey. Yeah, I've pretty much got my eyes on BST RapidTek carbon wheels. Love me some S1KRR's.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I found my next bike. Damn you YouTube!!!!
001gal_indian-scout-bobber-3012-1.jpg

I NEED this bike. Like, not since an N'64 have I NEEDED something this badly.
Any other GAFFERS have an Indian?

I have one. 2020 model. I was on the market for a Star Bolt and ended up pulling the trigger on the bobber. Amazing engine. I've kept up with R1's on it.

BUT, something is killing the clutch. I'm going on my second clutch with 3500 km on this bike and neither me nor the dealer shop boys can come up with an answer as to why it's happening. It's bizarre cause these things are known to be quality bikes. Just got a dud, I guess.

But, yeah. It draws looks and nods of approval, even from cops as I speed away. Lol

Got the loudest pipes possible for it too so you know my neighbors love me.

0Zcp4lV.jpg

I ended up getting a Yamaha XSR900 fell in love with the look of it. Also heard nothing but good things about the triple engine by Yami.

I rode the FJ-09 a few years ago because I was looking for a more touring oriented bike. I didnt go with it because the passenger accommodations were lacking but that triple engine was great. Tons of character and good power.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I ended up getting a Yamaha XSR900 fell in love with the look of it. Also heard nothing but good things about the triple engine by Yami.

Can't go wrong with Yamahas or Hondas for that matter. The XSR900 gets a lot of praise and it is a very nice looking bike indeed.

I saw a shootout video between the Ducati Monster 1200S, the Indian FTR 1200S and the XSR900 and the yammie held its own quite well, not to mention being a lot easier on the wallet.

Now...

Did y'all see the muthfuckin new 2022 Indian Chief????

COTTTTT DAYUM

Crowza

Can't go wrong with Yamahas or Hondas for that matter. The XSR900 gets a lot of praise and it is a very nice looking bike indeed.

I saw a shootout video between the Ducati Monster 1200S, the Indian FTR 1200S and the XSR900 and the yammie held its own quite well, not to mention being a lot easier on the wallet.

Now...

Did y'all see the muthfuckin new 2022 Indian Chief????

COTTTTT DAYUM

It's about time Indian offered a replacement for the Victory Vegas (middle-heavy weight cruiser). Two other bikes stand out in their lineup. The Indian Challenger is a fixed framed bagger with performance (and Victory DNA) and the Indian FTR is also very nice looking flat tracker.

I'm leaning more towards a Challenger myself.. However, if I didn't already have a Vegas, I would definitely be looking hard at the new Chief line.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I had a 94 NIghtwawk that I rode off and on for a few years in the late 90's early 2000's. Then a cousin of mine I never even met was killed in an accident and for some reason a few weeks after that I started having panic attacks whenever I tried to ride. I had to sell the bike. Ive tried here and there to ride again but its a no go. I do miss it though.

BiGBoSSMk23

It's about time Indian offered a replacement for the Victory Vegas (middle-heavy weight cruiser). Two other bikes stand out in their lineup. The Indian Challenger is a fixed framed bagger with performance (and Victory DNA) and the Indian FTR is also very nice looking flat tracker.

I'm leaning more towards a Challenger myself.. However, if I didn't already have a Vegas, I would definitely be looking hard at the new Chief line.

Victory's demise was a shame. If they still made the Octane i would have gone for that instead. But you can't deny the looks of the Scout.

Did you see the King of the Baggers race? One of the Indian guys literally flipped the bike onto himself on a practice run. The Challenger just dominated the Harleys, it actually made me want one, but I'm not a fan of fixed fairing baggers.

The only thing I'm not sure about on the new Chief is the pushrod oversquare with air cooling. Just seems antiquated. But here I am riding a bike with the lean angle of a boat and a rear tire on the front, so what do I know.

She looks pretty, TrainedRage TrainedRage . Ride safe. :)

TrainedRage

Banned
Congrats man. Speaking as someone with a Street Triple with a flyscreen on it, I would say ditch the flyscreen unless you like the looks of it. Probably does slim to nil for actual wind protection.
Yeah I like how it looks. Need to black out the front headlight. Mods are shipping but damn some take a while... Wish I didn’t live in MM where I will just have to look at my new bike for another month b4 the roads are good enough to ride... 😢

Top Bottom