• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter - The Time is Right

Bleepey

The only crossover I want to see between Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter is Warner Bros's money crossing over into Street Fighter's dev budget along with NRS's networking engineers crossing over into Capcom. They can keep everything else.

I have been out of the fighting game loop for a while but is MKX's netcode that good? I ain't even played it online despite owning the game, I just played the story. I became what I hated most, a casual.

Also Capcom fans are crazy for pretending this wouldn't be the biggest game to grace fighting games. The hidden 7 year old inside me is giddy with glee.

gafneo

Banned
I think Final Fight: Street Wise counts as an M-Rated Street Fighter game. Has the roster from Ultra Street Fighter 4. Very fun game aside from the overkill of End boss fights. Also Dead Rising must be linked to Street Fighter. I bet Ryu could take a plane to see Frank West. Game has the same kind of cartoon/ hybrid realistic style as Street Fighter and Final Fight. I think Capcom has already out M-Rated their selves to have a Ryu fatality where he gets his arms ripped off by Goro.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I have been out of the fighting game loop for a while but is MKX's netcode that good? I ain't even played it online despite owning the game, I just played the story. I became what I hated most, a casual.

Also Capcom fans are crazy for pretending this wouldn't be the biggest game to grace fighting games. The hidden 7 year old inside me is giddy with glee.

They overhauled their netcode with MKXL and it's pretty good now.

SF5's code isn't terrible but the matchmaking and everything related to CFN suuucks. Even Tekken's matchmaking is a shitshow right now and they clearly spent money on it, unlike Capcom.

GermanZepp

I love the idea, but.. first the art style as to merge in one and it has to be different from bouth games. Second you got to gore up SF and tone down MK. Third you need to make the two fight styles work with each other or craft a new system for blocking and combos, you have to redo the timing of everything.

Melubas

Like others have said: sure, but if the gameplay is rooted in the Street Fighter style. Mortal Kombat is just way too clunky. I do love their character designs however (go Kano!).

Top Bottom