• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 just obliterated Steam fighting game records

Draugoth

Gold Member

As of this writing, Mortal Kombat 11, one of Street Fighter’s fiercest rivals, has a record of 35,147 concurrent Steam players. Not bad. Tekken 7’s record is a similarly impressive 18,966, with Mortal Kombat X at 15,473, and good ol’ Street Fighter 5 at 14,783.

These are solid numbers. But less than a day since the Street Fighter 6 release date, Capcom’s latest has annihilated them all. Compared to rival Mortal Kombat 11, which, remember, stands at around 35,000, Street Fighter 6 already has a Steam concurrent user count of 65,873, almost double its closest rival.

Street Fighter 6 Steam records: An image showing player numbers for Capcom fighting game Street Fighter 6 on Steam

As a matter of fact, 65,873 already puts Street Fighter 6 above Call of Duty Black Ops 3, FIFA 21, and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order in terms of all-time high player counts. So, whether you’re a Ryu, a Ken, a Chun-Li, or a Guile, it seems clear that Capcom is onto something here. Check out the full Street Fighter 6 roster now.

Alternatively, find out how to get all the Street Fighter 6 World Tour characters. You might also want to know how to make the Street Fighter 6 install size smaller, to save your PC some heavy lifting.

Mr.ODST

Street fighter 6 this week, Diablo 4, then Aliens Dark Decent and finish it off with GOTY Final Fantasy 16 .... busy month

nbkicker

I think it will do well as there no other fighting game at the min, but if tekken 8 and mk are this yr then lets see how numbers pan out next yr with all three out, for me will always be streetfighter first then tekken and slightly intrested in mk depending how game turns out, but hope this pushes developer to add more content then fighters and stages over next few yrs

nbkicker

Still deciding on ps5 or pc, how is the performance and resolution on ps5?
I played the ps5 version as that went live at midnight where i live where my pc one didnt come on steam till 1am, when playing the ps5 version i was playing resolution mode but didnt look as sharp as i thought, then played on steam via my px with 4080 in 4k max setting and looked better then ps5 version but could have just been tired and siting a bit away from screen downstairs on ps5, gonna have a go on both later

Umbasaborne

Banned
I played the ps5 version as that went live at midnight where i live where my pc one didnt come on steam till 1am, when playing the ps5 version i was playing resolution mode but didnt look as sharp as i thought, then played on steam via my px with 4080 in 4k max setting and looked better then ps5 version but could have just been tired and siting a bit away from screen downstairs on ps5, gonna have a go on both later
Thanks, that definitely makes me lean pc, guess ill wait for df for the final verdict. Been looking for a reason to turn my ps5 on lately, that was the only reason i considered it lol

ClosBSAS

Thanks, that definitely makes me lean pc, guess ill wait for df for the final verdict. Been looking for a reason to turn my ps5 on lately, that was the only reason i considered it lol
pc port is beautiful, looks nice and crispy and you got all the options for controllers, you are not limited. plus, its xplay with all, so who cares honestly, game is gonna be kept alive thanks to that.

nbkicker

Plus the steam version is cheaper then playstation versions, plus youll be able to get free chrachter mods from the net once modders get hold of it. For me ill prob play it on pc and steam deck when at work and this will be where i put majority of hrs but also got it on ps5 so if fancy playing chilling on sofa can turn it on

Plus the steam version is cheaper then playstation versions, plus youll be able to get free chrachter mods from the net once modders get hold of it. For me ill prob play it on pc and steam deck when at work and this will be where i put majority of hrs but also got it on ps5 so if fancy playing chilling on sofa can turn it on
Got it on PC also. PC is a no brainer if you have a steam deck and a good PC, plus its like $20 cheaper.

Not that huge of a milestone when there's often multiple crappy ports on the platform and tonnes of DLC. Capcom have been riding the wave from RE4 Remake and put out a product that gets the job done.

nbkicker

It7LWVN.jpg

Modders already bringing out charachter mods, if capcom dont do bikini pack, u can always rely on mods. Plus will see if capcom add a few button presses to alt the outfits in future like in sf5, be nice to have option of cammy without the gb flag jacket etc

Last edited:
Not sure what the player counts like on PS5, but all the lobbies across every region I check were jam packed. Good to see it doing well on Steam, it’s a great package and World Tour is silly fun too

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Just played with a buddy. We both took a break from D4. We played for 2 hours and it felt like 5 minutes. So many good characters.

I really dig Manon and Marisa.

Top Bottom