• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Trailer Monster Hunter Stories 2 - Story Trailer

RoboFu

Oct 10, 2017
One of few fakes from e3 I am really interested in and I don’t even like monster hunter.

Jeeves

Dec 7, 2008
I've never played any Monster Hunter before, but this looks good. Is this a direct continuation of Story 1, or can I jump in with this one?

R6Rider

Jan 22, 2020
USA
The character faces look awful. Will have to give it a try to see how it plays though.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

We got to play through the first two chapters of Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin on Nintendo Switch, and so far it appears to be more of what we loved about the first with a few tweaks and additions largely intended to address some common criticisms.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

Saddle up for an unforgettable adventure, filled with mythical monsters, brave characters, and ominous mysteries! Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin takes flight on Nintendo Switch and Steam on July 9th.

Get a glimpse of our post-launch roadmap of free updates, including the Palamute from Monster Hunter Rise, a co-op quest to battle the Kulve Taroth, and powerful additional Monsties!

Start your journey early on Nintendo Switch with the Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Trial Ver., and take your story progress into the full game, at launch!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

In classic JRPG fashion, Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin contains a vast valley of mechanics that are explained with tutorials that just scratch the surface. There's a lot of great self-discovery to be had if you dig deeper, but here are 17 tips MHS2 doesn't tell you that you should know that will guide any player.

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
Is anybody playing this game? It's so sad that we get threads about console wars but never any quality active game |OT|s anymore. If anybody else is interested in discussing, I will make one I guess.

Reactions: IbizaPocholo

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin's first free update introduces a new monstie: Palamute. The new monstie is available as part of Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin's Version 1.1.0 update, which also includes bug fixes to the game's text, and other adjustments.

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is available on PC and Nintendo Switch.

Reactions: Pejo