• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

mirror mirror on the wall who is the best game villain ever??

ahtlas7

Vaas was a memorable character you loved to hate.

JG8rzAD.jpg

Was going to say the same. It was cool how you could convince him to commit sudoku and skip is first phase if you had enough speech points. It’s interesting how they made him both terrible but sympathetic still. The prequel book with Anderson and Saren was cool too.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
Colonel Yevgeny Volgin when brutalizing Snake's flesh... mmmm.

Games do not have good antagonists, like really evil, cruel bastards.

RaduN

Colonel Yevgeny Volgin when brutalizing Snake's flesh... mmmm.

Games do not have good antagonists, like really evil, cruel bastards.
MGS series has some fucked up shit though.
Let's not forget a certain villain surgically implanted a bomb inside a girls's womb. It's as evil and twisted as it gets.

WitchHunter

Banned
MGS series has some fucked up shit though.
Let's not forget a certain villain surgically implanted a bomb inside a girls's womb. It's as evil and twisted as it gets.
Have you seen the movie I saw the devil? Now that had some really good portrayal of someone who is really evil and cruel to the heart. Besides MGS, most of the games have these fairytale like evil bosses, nothing serious, sadly.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
There is a very clear winner......

Can't seem to post a picture.......

Ape escape apes.......all if them.......

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The boss of bosses. The one true workhorse of gaming baddies.
I can’t believe this isn’t who OP nominated. Bowser is the best villain ever. He doesn’t even need a story, he’s just understood as a Bad Guy™️

What a reputation that dude has.

Nasigil

Neo Member
Easily Gaunter O'Dimm from Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone.

The mundane way you first met and interact with him, the shocking reunion, the way he nonchalantly showed his power little by little, the way he appears in the background of DLC's story from start to finish, and the way you gradually learn about his nature through out quest, stories, rumors and experience. It's just perfection in villain character writing.

In a game where you can kill everything that has a health bar, this is a villain that actually terrifies me. In one of the endings where you could ask him for reward, I simply chose "nothing at all" because I just want to get away from this man and didn't want anything to do with him.

Ozzie666

Off topic, but the ghosts would have to be one of the first recognizable villains, followed by Donkey Kong? even Mario was a villain in DKJR. I'm hard pressed to remember any others in the late 70's or early 80's. Maybe Space invader(s) icon.

But I'm on the same page as you, the ghosts were the first that came to mind.

Top Bottom