• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milestone for Trump: 1 million new jobs in six months

reminds me of
wYZ1pK7.jpg

thanks democrats
That's amazing - no way people actually don't think about this for more than a couple of seconds and go 'oh, yeah.'

flkraven

1. ”Unemployment is a totally phony number." May 31, 2014
  2. ”Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent. Don't believe the 5.6. Don't believe it." June 16, 2015
  3. ”Nobody has jobs. ... It is not a real economy. It is a phony set of numbers. They cooked the books." Oct. 11, 2015
  4. ”You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people." May 24, 2016

19 times Trump called jobs numbers ‘fake' before they made him look good

reminds me of
wYZ1pK7.jpg

thanks democrats

What is so funny about this is that the clearly more-relevant number would be the unemployment rate for their last 100 days in office.

Ovid

1. “Unemployment is a totally phony number.” May 31, 2014
  2. “Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent. Don't believe the 5.6. Don't believe it.” June 16, 2015
  3. “Nobody has jobs. … It is not a real economy. It is a phony set of numbers. They cooked the books.” Oct. 11, 2015
  4. “You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people.” May 24, 2016

19 times Trump called jobs numbers ‘fake’ before they made him look good

What is so funny about this is that the clearly more-relevant number would be the unemployment rate for their last 100 days in office.
That's what you call an opportunist.

Ithil

You know his audience won't. Even though they were quick to blame Obama for anything that happened right when he started. Long as it was something bad.

When numbers were good under Obama, they called the numbers fake. Now Obama's continued good numbers are not only real, but somehow belong to Trump because they have zero interest in real logic or thought, only in feeling like their sports team is "winning".

Measley

Trump started taking credit for the job numbers during his first month in office. I remember Sean Spicer saying that the job numbers didn't count under Obama, but they count under Trump.

Media just let that one ride for some reason.....

TarNaru33

Banned
He really doesn't understand how jobs work does he?

Unfortunately, majority of U.S do not and that is why he will get credit for this from almost all major media outlets despite having very little to do with this job increase. If anything all he did that was positive on this, is staying out of it.

reKon

Banned
  1. “Unemployment is a totally phony number.” May 31, 2014
  2. “Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent. Don't believe the 5.6. Don't believe it.” June 16, 2015
  3. “Nobody has jobs. … It is not a real economy. It is a phony set of numbers. They cooked the books.” Oct. 11, 2015
  4. “You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people.” May 24, 2016

19 times Trump called jobs numbers ‘fake’ before they made him look good

I feel like I'm missing an opportunity in life by not seeing a Trump supporter trying to defend this.

Steejee

Well the unemployment rate did drop from something like 40, 50, or 60% to 4.5% in just six months! Pretty remarkable!

*gags*

How much of this is actually Trump's doing? The economy was growing before he took office and his first budget hasn't even gone into effect. "The economy is growing because business owners are excited that I'm president!" is Kindergarten level reasoning. Says a lot to me that so many of his supporters buy into it

lol, he's literally enacted zero policy changes.... so this isn't your doing dumbass.

doesn't this simply confirm that new Republican Presidents inherits stability left over, while new Democratic Presidents inherit Chaos left behind

yes that's exactly what is confirms... but try explaining that to the challenged kids in the class [ie - the republicans and their voting base].

JaseMath

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the economic layover from the Obama admin have more to do with the jobs than Trump? I thought Trump's fiscal adds won't start being counted until mid/late this year...

LakeEarth

Kind of amazing to see the democratic presidents inherit a high unemployment rate only to bring it back down then brought right back up with republican presidents

Yup it's been a "Republican Recession -> Democrat Recovery" Merry-Go-Round for decades.

Mr Swine

Banned
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the economic layover from the Obama admin have more to do with the jobs than Trump? I thought Trump's fiscal adds won't start being counted until mid/late this year...

Just you wait, when the economy turns to shit Trump will:

1. Accuse Obama for doing this

2. Dems obstructing republicans so they can't "fix" the economy

3. Accuse republicans not working and doing what Trump wants

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
More amazing that this dumbass country keeps deciding "It's time for change!" and votes Republicans right back in to fuck it all up again.
We went from Dubya to Obama, to the tea party 2 years later, to Donald Trump.

A lot of Americans are morons who shouldn't be voting.

Top Bottom