• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Studio Acquisitions

nikolino840

I'm one of the gamers who felt like the Xbox console has become irreverent as a person who owns a gaming PC.

Is it fair that people will say, "Why did I buy this console in the first place now that their games are coming to PC?"

PS Now is entirely different. You're not going to get day one releases on there, which means there's a good reason to own a PS4 console since you know there are going to be games that you can only play on that console (until PS5 releases, of course).
I'm more like why i have to buy a PC to play ms games?

12Dannu123

I'm one of the gamers who felt like the Xbox console has become irreverent as a person who owns a gaming PC.

Is it fair that people will say, "Why did I buy this console in the first place now that their games are coming to PC?"

PS Now is entirely different. You're not going to get day one releases on there, which means there's a good reason to own a PS4 console since you know there are going to be games that you can only play on that console (until PS5 releases, of course).

At the same time, PSNow is pretty much a dead platform because Sony doesn't put their content on the platform day 1. 700,000 users and up just a small 40% from a year ago, is exactly what they get from not focusing on PSNow

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
At the same time, PSNow is pretty much a dead platform because Sony doesn't put their content on the platform day 1. 700,000 users and up just a small 40% from a year ago, is exactly what they get from not focusing on PSNow
Dead? LOL.

Do you know why MS is giving away 1 dollar subs? To get people on the service.

Cloud is niche market and you're going to learn that as times goes on. In the meantime, you're going to keep making threads only to be disappointed within a few years.

I don't know about all that as their words at last E3 was they plan to have titles on all devices. You are asking for them to do something they are telling you they have no interest in doing any longer. Not only be their messaging but by their own actions.

"That is our goal: to bring high-quality games to every device possible on the planet.”

So....clearly they have a goal, they are showing you in your face they are doing what they stated as Minecraft dungeons is on PS4 and Switch. To my understanding, MS has yet to even announce any exclusive AAA game in several years, even Halo infinite is releasing multiplatform

So I don't know anything about this um "exclusive" stuff as MS themselves are not even doing that any more, their messaging is clear they are not doing that any more and their actions 100% support they are not doing that any more. Anyone still trying to argue such a point is just lying to themselves at this point.

I think Microsoft might have let you down mate. Here's a quote from an article today with Microsoft.

"As these new studios transitioned in, we were aware of some existing commitments to other platforms and will honor them. However, going forward these new studios will focus on making games for our platforms. We have no plans to further expand our exclusive first party games to other consoles."
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ore-xbox-exclusives-on-ps4-or-nintendo-switch

Like I said, when their commitment is over, they'll release only for Microsoft platforms.

EDMIX

I think Microsoft might have let you down mate. Here's a quote from an article today with Microsoft.

"As these new studios transitioned in, we were aware of some existing commitments to other platforms and will honor them. However, going forward these new studios will focus on making games for our platforms. We have no plans to further expand our exclusive first party games to other consoles."
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ore-xbox-exclusives-on-ps4-or-nintendo-switch

Like I said, when their commitment is over, they'll release only for Microsoft platforms.

and again...

"That is our goal: to bring high-quality games to every device possible on the planet.”

Sooooo what they are saying regarding this is irrelevant if you consider they are already putting titles on Nintendo and Playstation platforms. Any talk about only on their "platforms" is moot if you clearly have other events of them legit telling you they are seeking other devices and then actually put games on other devices. So I'll go with that messaging and action vs 1 quote lol

Actions speak louder then words, they already have content on Playstation and Nintendo that they recently put on. We can stop pretending it will be limited to something when their own words and actions state otherwise. I don't even know if it makes sense to even waste any energy hoping they do that when they've lied time and time again about it....

Remember when folks kept saying MS would never put stuff on Steam? Mac? oh my favorite, Nintendo and Playstation? Yet....what did they do? You sure this is the company you want to believe 1 line from vs a long history of their own actions?

" when their commitment is over, they'll release only for Microsoft platforms. " Like Cuphead? Like Ori? Like Minecraft? Sooooo ignore their actions and their message at an event that only was later proven by them doing the exact thing they stated, but hey believe this 1 line? Man that is some massive delusion bud. So...I don't know if it makes sense to believe this as you can add this to another list of things folks thought MS wasn't going to do.....its a pretty long list at this point. Its a joke to think otherwise as too much has happened to even think it won't. You going to just be another person that had to learn the hard way not to actually believe this company.

Consider this....you are not the only person in history that has stated "they'll release only for" only to be proven wrong by MS themselves. What makes you more sure then the last folks that stated you wouldn't see titles on Nintendo, Playstation, Mac, Steam?

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I can’t even imagine who they get if they do another one next week. Double Fine was a huge surprise for me as I always associated them with PlayStation; especially with Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle still exclusive to PS4.
Maybe they get BioWare from EA, drop Anthem, make a Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster. Now I’m just fooling myself.

I just finished replaying the Mass Effect trilogy and thinking THIS is why Bioware used to be so beloved. Damn those games are so good especially ME1.

While playing I kept thinking WHY in the hell didn't Microsoft buy Bioware back when they teamed to make ME 1. I hope EA does drop them, they're just an anchor for EA these days and MS picks them up and brings them back to life.
Like you I'm just fooling myself, but hey, we can dream.

EDMIX

I just finished replaying the Mass Effect trilogy and thinking THIS is why Bioware used to be so beloved. Damn those games are so good especially ME1.

While playing I kept thinking WHY in the hell didn't Microsoft buy Bioware back when they teamed to make ME 1. I hope EA does drop them, they're just an anchor for EA these days and MS picks them up and brings them back to life.
Like you I'm just fooling myself, but hey, we can dream.

I'm not sure. Its hard to say because from what I've read, its not entirely EA, consider their other teams are not dealing with the same things happening at Bioware. I've read that its the team itself. If their next games are made on a different engine they are 100% ok with and the game is still bad, I think maybe it might be the team vs the publisher as that just doesn't apply to all EA titles. I've never had much issues with anything DICE has put out. So I don't know if its the managers, the directors, producers or what but the team needs to be reworked big time. If its EA, I'd argue the fix is even easier as the issue with their last games was the engine being forced, if that was the ONLY issue, then letting them make their own engine will help both them and EA as I don't think EA loves losing money and Bioware wants to make a bad game.

In regards to why MS didn't buy them, who knows. That is one of the worst deals I've ever seen in gaming as MS is coming off of getting destroyed by the PS2....Bioware making a new IP...what does MS do? OH HEY I'll fund that game series in which you've told me will be 3 titles BUT I won't buy the team or the IP, just publish to save money (enter EA)

MS's Face

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

MS played fast and loose in a situation where they should have invested. They kept playing with this timed game crap and they paid deeply because of it as who on earth is buying a XB today because Mass Effect was exclusive yesterday? So I don't know what they were thinking but the dude that made that deal to just publish needs to be fired. Clearly it wasn't as if Bioware did not want to be bought either...

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
and again...

Sooooo what they are saying regarding this is irrelevant if you consider they are already putting titles on Nintendo and Playstation platforms. Any talk about only on their "platforms" is moot if you clearly have other events of them legit telling you they are seeking other devices and then actually put games on other devices. So I'll go with that messaging and action vs 1 quote lol

Actions speak louder then words, they already have content on Playstation and Nintendo that they recently put on. We can stop pretending it will be limited to something when their own words and actions state otherwise. I don't even know if it makes sense to even waste any energy hoping they do that when they've lied time and time again about it....

Remember when folks kept saying MS would never put stuff on Steam? Mac? oh my favorite, Nintendo and Playstation? Yet....what did they do? You sure this is the company you want to believe 1 line from vs a long history of their own actions?

" when their commitment is over, they'll release only for Microsoft platforms. " Like Cuphead? Like Ori? Like Minecraft? Sooooo ignore their actions and their message at an event that only was later proven by them doing the exact thing they stated, but hey believe this 1 line? Man that is some massive delusion bud. So...I don't know if it makes sense to believe this as you can add this to another list of things folks thought MS wasn't going to do.....its a pretty long list at this point. Its a joke to think otherwise as too much has happened to even think it won't. You going to just be another person that had to learn the hard way not to actually believe this company.

Consider this....you are not the only person in history that has stated "they'll release only for" only to be proven wrong by MS themselves. What makes you more sure then the last folks that stated you wouldn't see titles on Nintendo, Playstation, Mac, Steam?
First off, Im legit baffled at how dedicated to seem to be when concerning Xbox exclusives coming to Playstation or Nintendo. You're a KNOWN Xbox hater. Now youre entertaining the thought of the likes of Halo or Gears coming to Sony or Nintendo???? LMAO!!

Secondly, the message is pretty clear. After the new studios finish with their commitments, all XGS exclusives will remain Xbox/PC. Xcloud is the only way you can ever hope to play Halo while not on traditional hardware.

Let it go, bro. Let it go...

Gamernyc78

Banned

Nah thy doing it right don't cannabalize your sales and have ips like Horizon Zero Dawn sell better than established ips on the competitors console. Sony just doesn't do these dollar subscription deals every few months to pad numbers and dilute their games and add AA type games. I hope and pray Sony never goes that route. They are the market leader and its because their moves are making sense. Psnow isn't a focus but an option the day it becomes a main focus then we'll either stop getting those high budget awesome games we love or get very few of them and I'm not with tht. When it's all said and done the financial reports were given for each company and Sony made the most profit for a reason.

Last edited:

EDMIX

First off, Im legit baffled at how dedicated to seem to be when concerning Xbox exclusives coming to Playstation or Nintendo. You're a KNOWN Xbox hater. Now youre entertaining the thought of the likes of Halo or Gears coming to Sony or Nintendo???? LMAO!!

Secondly, the message is pretty clear. After the new studios finish with their commitments, all XGS exclusives will remain Xbox/PC. Xcloud is the only way you can ever hope to play Halo while not on traditional hardware.

Let it go, bro. Let it go...
"all XGS exclusives will remain" sure and then this happened. I believe actions my friend.

The fact that such a thing was even in talks goes to show you that MS for years has planned to seek putting titles on many devices. They already putting games on Nintendo and Playstation isn't that shocking. I mean...you are arguing about if a IP here or there might not go to Nintendo or PS, yet my dude....you at one point argued if ANY MS IP was going to be on Nintendo or PlayStation.....so how far is that goal post going to move? So one day you might be saying "youre entertaining the thought of the likes of Halo or Gears coming to Sony or Nintendo? day 1 date and date" So soon you very well might see those series coming over as you are not the first to doubt MS doing something. Remember the "not coming to Steam" and then they did? "Not coming to Mac" and then they did?

Heck...remember the "Not coming to Nintendo and Playstation" and....here we are, MS is putting games on Nintendos and Playstations.

Now its the "not going to be Halo or Gears"

My dude, add it to the long list of things XB fans have stated over the years and ended up being wrong about. What they are doing goes against what you claim they are doing. Their actions show they clearly mean all devices.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
You realize Minecraft was multiplat well before MS acquired them, right???? Too many people love Minecraft, They'll keep it on any device it is already. Plus, this hasnt been confirmed on Minecraft Dungeons to my knowledge.

Ori #1. Not Will of the Wisp. It fits and makes sense. But the statement is about as clear as you can get! Shit aint happenin broski. New generation is underway. Every and all incentives to keep people in the Xbox ecosystem will be leveraged to full effectiveness. I never agree with your sentiments but you're smarter than this. Why the hell would they buy up all these new studios only to let them make multiplatform games? May as well just not even purchase them at all.

Think Boi!!!!!

EDMIX

You realize Minecraft was multiplat well before MS acquired them, right???? Too many people love Minecraft, They'll keep it on any device it is already. Plus, this hasnt been confirmed on Minecraft Dungeons to my knowledge.

Ori #1. Not Will of the Wisp. It fits and makes sense. But the statement is about as clear as you can get! Shit aint happenin broski. New generation is underway. Every and all incentives to keep people in the Xbox ecosystem will be leveraged to full effectiveness. I never agree with your sentiments but you're smarter than this. Why the hell would they buy up all these new studios only to let them make multiplatform games? May as well just not even purchase them at all.

Think Boi!!!!!

" this hasnt been confirmed on Minecraft Dungeons to my knowledge" How can anyone take you seriously if the very thing you are saying won't happen, you are unaware that it has?

So....maybe before we post, we should actually look up information before debating. You are disputing a fact that has been confirmed for months now and can easily be looked up.

"It fits and makes sense." Ok, that is not what is being debated or talked about, the fact remains.....its on a Nintendo system.

"Why the hell would they buy up all these new studios only to let them make multiplatform games?" Ask MS that, the fact that they have game coming to Nintendo, PS and PC is enough to very much tell you they have a desire to put content on devices other then just XB.

I'm going to have to add you to the ignore list.

You can't seriously debate something that is a solid fact and then argue what won't or will happen. In order to have a idea of what MS might do, you still need to factually know what they've done. How can you say it won't, when you didn't even know they already started putting content on Nintendo and PS? So....maybe you should look that up before posting in the future as you wouldn't be the first XB fan to say "they won't" and then get MS standing there holding a Nintendo system or PS system.....

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
" this hasnt been confirmed on Minecraft Dungeons to my knowledge" How can anyone take you seriously if the very thing you are saying won't happen, you are unaware that it has?

So....maybe before we post, we should actually look up information before debating. You are disputing a fact that has been confirmed for months now and can easily be looked up.

"It fits and makes sense." Ok, that is not what is being debated or talked about, the fact remains.....its on a Nintendo system.

"Why the hell would they buy up all these new studios only to let them make multiplatform games?" Ask MS that, the fact that they have game coming to Nintendo, PS and PC is enough to very much tell you they have a desire to put content on devices other then just XB.

I'm going to have to add you to the ignore list.

You can't seriously debate something that is a solid fact and then argue what won't or will happen. In order to have a idea of what MS might do, you still need to factually know what they've done. How can you say it won't, when you didn't even know they already started putting content on Nintendo and PS? So....maybe you should look that up before posting in the future as you wouldn't be the first XB fan to say "they won't" and then get MS standing there holding a Nintendo system or PS system.....

Omg someone here before tried to tell me the same similar bs like "Microsoft won't put this and that on other systems bcusss" 🤔I was seriously asking myself if I was in Bizarro world then just blocked them 😂😂😂 Reality is I'm not into their eco system so I wouldn't give two fucks but thts what thy have done a few times. It's like ppl don't pay attention to the news.

EDMIX

Omg someone here before tried to tell me the same similar bs like "Microsoft won't put this and that on other systems bcusss" 🤔I was seriously asking myself if I was in Bizarro world then just blocked them 😂😂😂 Reality is I'm not into their eco system so I wouldn't give two fucks but thts what thy have done a few times. It's like ppl don't pay attention to the news.

This 1000%. Its why I don't doubt anything that MS is going to do in the future. We have too many examples of them saying one thing and then here comes them putting games on a toaster lol MS is in a place right now where they are not outselling Sony or Nintendo and just can't find their place.

Maybe their place is indeed as a 3rd party publisher and the company might make more sense continuing that route. Heck, I'll buy Halo Infinite on PC, I was NEVER going to get any XB to play the game. MS now has a game sale. To me and many others, MS just doesn't make games that good that any of us would buy a whole system just to play. We are not going to MS, but many of us wouldn't say no if MS came to us. That is just where they are right now and I think its a smart choice for them. Many don't want to admit it, but like I've stated. Those same folks also said "Won't come on Steam" or "Won't come on Mac" or "Won't come on Nintendo" or "Won't come on PS" now they are just saying "yes but HALO won't" (Halo comes to PC) "OK, but Gears won't) (Gears comes to PC) "ok ok....but...but Halo and Gears won't come to Nintendo or PlayStation".

How do they know that won't end up in that hilarious list?

Gamernyc78

Banned
This 1000%. Its why I don't doubt anything that MS is going to do in the future. We have too many examples of them saying one thing and then here comes them putting games on a toaster lol MS is in a place right now where they are not outselling Sony or Nintendo and just can't find their place.

Maybe their place is indeed as a 3rd party publisher and the company might make more sense continuing that route. Heck, I'll buy Halo Infinite on PC, I was NEVER going to get any XB to play the game. MS now has a game sale. To me and many others, MS just doesn't make games that good that any of us would buy a whole system just to play. We are not going to MS, but many of us wouldn't say no if MS came to us. That is just where they are right now and I think its a smart choice for them. Many don't want to admit it, but like I've stated. Those same folks also said "Won't come on Steam" or "Won't come on Mac" or "Won't come on Nintendo" or "Won't come on PS" now they are just saying "yes but HALO won't" (Halo comes to PC) "OK, but Gears won't) (Gears comes to PC) "ok ok....but...but Halo and Gears won't come to Nintendo or PlayStation".

How do they know that won't end up in that hilarious list?

But seriously fuck all tht thy can keep those I'm waiting for them real heavy hitters in Tlou2 and Ghost of T. Can't fucking wait!!! If bc rumors are correct and it'll be with added graphical settings on PS5, even better.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
It's still the biggest streaming service by user numbers. PlayStation Consoles come first though and that's how it should be. Thats why all but one of their Consoles hit over 100 million sales.
You dont want people saying your game is crap if the ISP is throttling you and you blame the game.

Top Bottom