• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is courting the opinion of Resetera to ban people in real life.

FranXico

also it's kind of funny if you're thinking Sony would not be having this same reaction. Heck, they'd probably take an even more drastic one. PlayStation headquarters is home in California of all places these days.
He didn't even mention Sony or bother excusing them because they were not involved in this specific incident.
It actually is more funny that you would make a point to single out Sony as even worse while being very apologetic towards Microsoft.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
#SonyToo deflections in 3... 2... 1...

ahwg.gif

Are you kidding me? Jim Ryan probably helped in the creation of Resetera. He probably forces each of his wife's boyfriends to log in there and post at least 50 truthbombs on the daily.

Phil Spencer is the one who's not having any of this. I'm expecting him to be doing a Yakuza-style heat action on Larry as we speak.

I suspect the only things being forced at Jims house are the boyfriends into his wife, and him to watch.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I see what you mean, but realistically, many big companies including Sony are represented in Era, and are all just as likely to go out of their way to placate the mob.

We should discuss the problems with this, instead of having fanatical finger-pointing deflection blame games. It’s just more fighting amongst ourselves, instead of coming together against common BS screwing people over for “wrong think.”

Ten_Fold

Who cares what the mods or the 343 peeps do behind close doors they could worship the devil I don’t care, if someone had a problem you talk to said person, don’t go crying to the boss because you can’t fight. God I hate Era and Twitter.

DonF

Simply disgusting. No discourse, no exchange of ideas, that's not, by definition, a forum.

its just a hate place. They get together, target people and try to destroy them. Attacking someone's livelihood just cause they don't think the same?

Could someone actually sue them or sue the company if they are wrongfully fired?

im glad they are slowly radicalizing and I hope that sooner than later, they implode.

SinDelta

This...this is going nowhere good.

George Orwell is not spinning in his grave.

He is screaming.

Last edited:
Simply disgusting. No discourse, no exchange of ideas, that's not, by definition, a forum.

its just a hate place. They get together, target people and try to destroy them. Attacking someone's livelihood just cause they don't think the same?

Could someone actually sue them or sue the company if they are wrongfully fired?

im glad they are slowly radicalizing and I hope that sooner than later, they implode.

They learn nothing, they discuss every argument from the same viewpoint. They're ignorant people full of hate for everyone not in their circle of "allies"

7DeadleeScenes

Neo Member
Major is not that relevant anymore. He use to have some importance but that has been stripped out. Don’t expect anything out of that little fiasco at reset era.

Redlight

Am I missing something?

Resetera = bad because they make threads attempting to punish someone for having a thought/action they disagree with.

Nelson = bad because he commented in it.

This thread & many comments in it = the exact same f%^#ing thing but with the bitter tang of hypocrisy for extra flavour.

Electret

It is true. I know several previous frequent posters that were targeted directly by the pro Xbox mods on a regular basis there.
Certainly would explain why every one of the ERA members who were part of the Xbox discord's effort to engineer and disseminate PS5 FUD got off scot-free without even a warning, whereas anyone who dares type "Xbox discord" in reference to this event is immediately met with a ban.

They swept that shit under a rug and expected everyone to forget about it, implicitly condoning coordinated off-forum attack campaigns.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Not cool. He’s allowed to have his opinion, not everyone has to be pro what you believe in

wait until era realizes that Phil has an avatar of an actor who once did black face.

Who is stinkles? Sorry im out of the loop
343i employee /Era Poster and sexual predator
they would almost make a great mod ...all he needs to do tuck his dick in between his legs and die his hair purple

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Am I missing something?

Resetera = bad because they make threads attempting to punish someone for having a thought/action they disagree with.

Nelson = bad because he commented in it.

This thread & many comments in it = the exact same f%^#ing thing but with the bitter tang of hypocrisy for extra flavour.
I don't think the consensus is to actually punish Microsoft, but bring up awareness that they are dipping their hands in a hornet's nest.

Because nothing ever good comes out from a forum whose modus operandi is to mob Developers and force them into a place of submission.

Last edited:
Never been a fan of Major Nelson. Guy is old and seems out of place/touch. Don't think he's entertaining or good at his job either. A shame that he doesn't have enough sense to see through the SJW bs going on at ResetEra. MS has a lot of hardcore liberals at the company and running Xbox. All you have to do is follow them on twitter. Then again, Seattle is one of the most hardcore liberal states in the country. Phil always wearing the rainbow LGBTQ shirts and the heavy push of LGBTQ pride on the Xbox dashboard.

Truth is, majority of all companies are pushing/caving to the SJW/LBGTQ/BLM movement. The country/world is moving towards a place of no return i feel, all led by marxist/communist and globalist who want a one world order,end America as we know it, and kick God out of everything. Calling evil, good and calling good, evil. Have politicians purposefully trying to keep the country closed down to harm the economy/Trumps chances of relection. You have politicians deliberately stirring up race wars, division.

This kind of thing is predicted in the bible in the end times. People need to wake up to what's really going on here.

I know many may not agree with me and thats perfectly find. Just my two cents. Perhaps this belongs in the political thread.

Last edited:
I don't think the consensus is to actually punish Microsoft, but bring up awareness that they are dipping their hands in a hornet's nest.

Because nothing ever good comes out from a forum whose modus operandi is to mob Developers and force them into a place of submission.
Cancel culture should never be rewarded.....by doing so they are making their own inevitable death worse as they eat their own

upg0tun.jpg

lock2k

Banned
When are they going to retire that part about being a "gaming forum? " Here's a quick help guide for those new to ResetEra:

This is it. That arsehole of a place is a cult and it is despicable as every cult ever. I pity the fools who join them (actually, I don't, dumb idiots).

teezzy

Banned
What a weird timeline this is. Imagine being forced to agree with a political movement in fear of losing your job. How can the accuser even pretend to care about human rights at that point? What are they fighting for after that?

BeardGawd

Banned
I’m black and don’t agree with his comments. Do I want him fired or his life to be ruined? Hell no.

If he is one of the best to help with getting Halo to where it needs to be then let him do his job! A personal opinion has nothing to do with the quality of their work!

Stop letting these mobs ruin people’s lives over literal a few words on Twitter. It’s insanity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom