• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Remastered....not even in stores?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I'm not talking about pre-orders (which usually get shipped from a store's warehouse) but I haven't seen any copies in stock at Target, WalMart or BestBuy (and Amazon). Target doesn't even have a page for it. Brick seek doesn't show any Target store with stock. Amazon has no listing. Best Buy has no stores available, Gamestop only selling digital code (of course).

I'm thinking physical copies were never even sent to stores. Anyone actually find one out in the wild?

Last edited:

Rambone

I picked my copy up at Walmart. Target sold through all their copies via pre-order and were unable to stock any on shelves. Gamestop was SOL.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Amazon UK has pre-orders for March 3rd. Wild.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All preorders were Feb 22nd.

Source: Me, I preordered it and it arrived today.
Unless you pre-ordered from Amazon like me, like an idiot. In which case, it's scheduled to arrive in April.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I wanna get a physical version. But I'm brazilian so I really don't know how much it's gonna costa. I might have to give up on it..

I got mine delivered from BestBuy. Nintendo was just being their usual dumbass selves and didn't make enough to satisfy demand and didn't communicate clearly with retailers.

Power Pro

Have it preordered, but was told they didn't get it in today. Nice of Nintendo to announce a date for physical versions and not be able to keep it.

Already seen idiots on Facebook marketplace trying to scalp it for double the price.

Deerock71

q8PYmW2.jpg
BK8krnn.jpg
xCjN6d5.jpg

As you can see, the Metroid card is inserted.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Games gonna be worth a fortune in the future...I remember selling my prime trilogy on wii for over 100 pounds....

Sort your shit out Nintendo...but also make me rich.

Seems like Nintendo is up to the old artificial scarcity playbook. I got my copy yesterday from GameStop but had to call the place multiple times to ask if they got it in. At first the guy said they hadn’t gotten their shipment yet so I though I wasn’t getting it. Luckily by the time I got out of work it was there. It’s real though.

FhtP0hY.jpg

The release for this has been odd, staggering it and it being later than the digital release. The initial covert announcement/release was odd too. It does little to drum up support for the franchise.

No early previews, no hype, no proper realise date... It's almost like they don't want it to succeed. Can't see their strategy here.

Deerock71

The release for this has been odd, staggering it and it being later than the digital release. The initial covert announcement/release was odd too. It does little to drum up support for the franchise.

No early previews, no hype, no proper realise date... It's almost like they don't want it to succeed. Can't see their strategy here.
It has shot to number 1 on the eshop and has remained a fixture there to my knowledge (haven't looked this morning). I think the stealth drop paid off brilliantly.

Gambit2483

No early previews, no hype, no proper realise date... It's almost like they don't want it to succeed. Can't see their strategy her
Nintendo did not produce enough physical copies. They severely underestimated its demand. That's what we are now witnessing

Last edited:

Garibaldi

Games gonna be worth a fortune in the future...I remember selling my prime trilogy on wii for over 100 pounds....

Sort your shit out Nintendo...but also make me rich.
I've still got mine somewhere. Hoping to pay off the mortgage with it and a 3 disc version of MGS 3 subsistence (PS2) I also have

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Hopefully it's just a small initial run due to some other reason than Nintendo being fucking dumb yet again. I want a physical copy for my (too) giant Switch collection, but I'm not paying some cunt scalper.

Gambit2483

It was an advanced Digital release
Game comes out on March/April on stores

Its funny how some fellows keep missing that detail

Meh, advance digital releasing is just a strategic ploy to promote double dipping aand the conditioning of digital purchasing habits...nothing more.

Astral Dog

Meh, advance digital releasing is just a strategic ploy to promote double dipping aand the conditioning of digital purchasing habits...nothing more.
100% true

But you have to admit, it worked on many levels for the fans "available after the Direct"? 🤯Nobody was expecting that bomb💣

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Well, I’ve been checking online (to order and pickup today) and WalMart didn’t have it on their website, nor did Target. BestBuy said sold out but now says you can order it with next week delivery. Even the ‘gaming’ store GameStop only had digital on their website. I tried Brickseek and all stores showed ‘out of stock’ at Walmart and Target. Actually walked in to my local WalMart and they had about 6 copies. WTF?! Just bought one. Why are none of these websites showing stock? So… check your stores physically for copies!!!

Last edited:

Deerock71

Well, I’ve been checking online (to order and pickup today) and WalMart didn’t have it on their website, nor did Target. BestBuy said sold out but now says you can order it with next week delivery. Even the ‘gaming’ store GameStop only had digital on their website. I tried Brickseek and all stores showed ‘out of stock’ at Walmart and Target. Actually walked in to my local WalMart and they had about 6 copies. WTF?! Just bought one. Why are none of these website showing stock. So, check your stores physically.
That's how I got mine.

Top Bottom