• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor: ReFantazio “ATLUS Exclusive” livestream next Monday (Apr 22)

I hope to see stuff to get me more hyped on this. Playing Persona 3R has shaken my faith a bit. I'm not demanding the impossible. Better story with less time wasting and I will be in. The battles are already good.
So… Persona 4 or 5 then?

Although the whole series since 3 on is about wasting time: finding ways to spend each game day.

Go_Ly_Dow

Another 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours to go!
cat Heavy breathing GIF

StereoVsn

But the Persona games have pure turn based gameplay, right? Never played them.
Atlus used to have two separate series with action combat with Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner during PS2 days.

They were quite good, well, Devil Summoner 1 wasn’t amazing but sequel was very good.

Topher

Gold Member
This seems more turn based than action. action is just a precursor to the turn based battle.

Edit: well....no, there are parts that are just action combat. I'm confused

Last edited:

amigastar

Not gonna lie, i like what i see but i don't have many experience in JRpgs.
Could it be that you enter turn based mode with harder enemies and action combat for weaker enemies?

Last edited:

Thief1987

It's embarrassing when game from major publisher looks like this. Maybe they still didn't upgrade from their PS3 devkits though

nikos

Don’t like the fairy but at least her voice isn’t annoying.

Don’t like having to constantly analyze the field.

Gauntlet Runner is cool.

Combat looks good.

Soundtrack is nice from what I’m hearing so far.

Gonna be a real shame if (when) this doesn’t support ultrawide but I’m looking forward to it.

Go_Ly_Dow

Well I was on the fence but then the last scene with the hot tub on the guanlet runner just made it a day 1 purchase.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Skipped the stream since I wasn't too interested but that might have been a mistake given people reactions to it lol.

bender

What time is it?
Probably not intentional but it almost feels like they are throwing shade at some of the older encounter/dungeon with their references to better pacing and less tedium.

Top Bottom