• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 2 gets three new maps on PC

Bullet Club

Metal Gear Online 2 gets three new maps on PC​

The team behind the Metal Gear Online 2 PC project has shared a new update that adds three new maps to it. In order to celebrate this, the team also released a new trailer that you can find below.

Metal Gear Online 2 PC is basically a project/service that allows you to play the multiplayer mode of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on PC using the RPCS3 emulator.

As we’ve already stated, Konami has taken down the official PS3 servers for Metal Gear Online 2. As such, the owners of the original PS3 game cannot play it on their consoles. However, and by using RPCS3, PC gamers can play and enjoy Metal Gear Online 2.

The three new maps that have been added to the game are Jade Junction, Perilous Palace, and Quaint Quarrel.

You can register for MGO2 via its official website. Below you can also find an installation guide video.

Source: DSOG

One of the best multiplayer games of all time, I still play on PS3 from time to time, very small but active enough community.

There’s no way this would be able to run on a steam deck, right? Also, I’m assuming this is a no, but does it have survival tournament nights on Thursdays and Saturdays like it did on PS3?

Last edited:
No Way Reaction GIF

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yeah MGO2 gameplay is infamously horrible. Thats why there is a dedicated group of fans jumping through hoops to continue playing it 14 years later, because its bad.

zombrex

Easily one of the best multiplayer games ever. Spent hundreds of hours playing capture and rescue and enjoyed countless early mornings in the tournament mode grinding out points for the reward shop. The game also had some of the most unique and fun multiplayer modes ever like sneaking mission, team sneak and especially stealth deathmatch.
It was a pity the MGSV multiplayer was a soulless husk of the former game.

Last edited:
Easily one of the best multiplayer games ever. Spent hundreds of hours playing capture and rescue and enjoyed countless early mornings in the tournament mode grinding out points for the reward shop. The game also had some of the most unique and fun multiplayer modes ever like sneaking mission, team sneak and especially stealth deathmatch.

I wonder if BR games got their idea from MGO, stealth deathmatch has a shrinking map. I’m not aware of any older games that had it.

For me all 3 MGOs were really truly fun and unique experiences that other games have a hard time replicating or have barely come close to, thanks to Kojima's way of making his gameplay so different than other action/stealth games.

Power Pro

Regardless of how worthwhile they thought this game was, I have always been sooo pissed how quickly they shut it down officially. They charged for DLC by making people jump through hoops that might as well had been on fire, by not just having you purchase DLC through the PS Store, but instead through some stupid horrible to navigate website that you had to bring up on your PS3.

Simply for the fact that they made people go through that shit, AND the game as only a year old at the time of shut down, it is such bull shit that they shut it down when they did. Seriously, it was at most 1-2 years when they shut down the official servers. What kind of bull shit is that? It was still right in the PS3's prime, and they shut em down.

Drew1440

Regardless of how worthwhile they thought this game was, I have always been sooo pissed how quickly they shut it down officially. They charged for DLC by making people jump through hoops that might as well had been on fire, by not just having you purchase DLC through the PS Store, but instead through some stupid horrible to navigate website that you had to bring up on your PS3.

Simply for the fact that they made people go through that shit, AND the game as only a year old at the time of shut down, it is such bull shit that they shut it down when they did. Seriously, it was at most 1-2 years when they shut down the official servers. What kind of bull shit is that? It was still right in the PS3's prime, and they shut em down.
Only thing I can remember about it was you needed like three different accounts to access the online, A Konami ID, GAME ID and your PSN account.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Ahhhh, I remember in my prime I'd get shouted at for using auto aim because I was making good shots, and so I put on auto aim out of spite and just camped up this bitch's ass for the entire remainder of the match. Manspider was my handle.

Top Bottom