• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
yPSJoPH.gif

7 years since TPP's development began and now just 7 days left till we have the game in our hands. I'm gonna miss this pre-release hype a lot.

tsunam1

Neo Member
7 years since TPP's development began and now just 7 days left till we have the game in our hands. I'm gonna miss this pre-release hype a lot.

Hell NO! This thing called time is trully a m***********. Been trying to kill it every possible way. Even been on a quest to find an herb that can replicate the phantom cigar incredible lost of time to no avail.

giphy.gif

Hell NO! This thing called time is trully a m***********. Been trying to kill it every possible way. Even been on a quest to find an herb that can replicate the phantom cigar incredible lost of time to no avail.

giphy.gif

No herb for that mate, this wait must be endured.

And that gif's going places lol.

Cathcart

|OT4| WHY DOESN'T SNACK HAVE HIS ROBOT ARM IN MGS1?!
(Credit to Sub_Level. This post cracked me up, I want to be reminded of it every time OT bumped)

I know it's a shitty mindset but I am turning into a hipster. These new people getting into the MGS series with V are pissing me off lol

WHY DOESN'T SNACK HAVE HIS ROBOT ARM IN MGS1?!

|OT4| I've sent VI's of the targets to your iDroid, take a good look. Take a look at the targets in your iDroid so you'll know them when you see them.
I love it.

Tybolt

Banned
I finally decided to go back into GZ to try for the 100% but then I saw how absurd the 100% is, like... Tagging all the guards and getting the S-ranks which seems extremely frustrating because I don't like the new mechanics for getting spotted from too far away to do anything and the reliance on absolutely making sure you tranq everyone. Feels really bad.

Rajang

LOL.

I finally decided to go back into GZ to try for the 100% but then I saw how absurd the 100% is, like... Tagging all the guards and getting the S-ranks which seems extremely frustrating because I don't like the new mechanics for getting spotted from too far away to do anything and the reliance on absolutely making sure you tranq everyone. Feels really bad.

The tagging trial is not hard. You can just tag an enemy and then kill them. Don't worry about rank if you are going for that trial.

Shy

Sorry i'm posting this a new page, but i wanted people to see it, in cased it gets missed.

PSA. to anybody who has sent me a friend request on the PS4 could you please send me a steam one, becuase if i'm not able to get an early copy tomorrow (Tuesday), i'm not gonna bother and go PC exclusive.
I've updated the spreadsheet to include my steam ID.

Sigfodr

So, you just have to complete the trials once. That's not so bad. For marking people, just go around and mark for a bit, then get to a vantage point cause an explosion on the ground. They come running out. Do this on a few place on the map and you're good (On the one where you have to kill or extract the two guys, do that first just to make sure you don't alert them and you have to start over). Then just do that again, but kill them.

Mission's on S rank aren't hard at all, but I would recommend looking up a video on them if you have no patience. There is pretty much only one path to S for at least three of them and it would take forever to find.

pahamrick

It's a shame about your friend though, I hope you convince him somehow. TPP's supposed to be the ultimate Metal Gear game, made for all the fans and not just PW fans. In fact to me TPP seems more like MGS3 with a few PW elements.
[/IMG]

I've got a feeling once he actually plays it he'll break down and buy it. I know he played the hell out of GZ via family share.

Tcab96

Fuuuckkk. I need this game. I'm going to explode when it finally releases.

Know what the best feeling is? The hour before a game unlocks, you're sitting on the couch, root beer (or other beverage of your choice) at your side, browsing GAF with the other hyped up members, and there's nothing to stop you from playing this game you've waited so long for. And you're staring at the release time tick down to the final few minutes.

Fuck. I need this.

pahamrick

Probably speculation, nothing about MGSV has been changed content wise with the whole Konami shakedown. I'm assuming its still there.

Probably doesn't help that there were reports coming out of the review event that there wasn't a Kyle Cooper opening that was shown at the beginning of the game.

Kindekuma

Banned
So just to confirm.
TPP will unlock on the 31 without using a VPN. Correct. ?

Correct for those on PC who pre-ordered via Steam. It unlocks at 8am EST, 6am PST. Those who have redeemed codes from Nvidia or whatnot will have to wait until the first.

Palpable

Good on you, brother. Good to see the talk of family isn't just that in this community.

Myself & a few OuterGAF members may be taking a vacation to Key West in a few months.

Thank you kindly.

Oh you mean the exclusive art from the guide. Yeah i don't think a higher resolution is available as of now but i'm not searching for it, too scared of spoilers.

Ah, damn. Understandable.

Oh Kojima is in america, interesting.

Btw. the guy on the left is the fiddler.

CNNynEJUsAEMyTl.jpg:orig

Is he? I was hoping for some sort of signing event, but it doesn't seem to be happening :(

tensuke

I never understand using a guide on first play through, I often keep mine sealed until I have at least gone through the whole game blind. Different choices I guess, I just think it's weird always knowing what's coming up.

A bit late, but I'm not using the guide during the game on my first playthrough (or second or third maybe). I just got it because it's a hardcover MGS book, from the last (kojima) MGS.

Shy

A bit late, but I'm not using the guide during the game on my first playthrough (or second or third maybe). I just got it because it's a hardcover MGS book, from the last (kojima) MGS.
LOL. It's pretty much what i did. I get guides sometimes, but never really use them.

pahamrick

Correct for those on PC who pre-ordered via Steam. It unlocks at 8am EST, 6am PST. Those who have redeemed codes from Nvidia or whatnot will have to wait until the first.

I'm pretty sure that if the game goes live like Peeler says, even Nvidia code copies will get access just due to the way Steam works. Basically, they'd mark the APP as released and then any package/SUB that contains that APP would gain access.

Zambatoh

FlyVPN. It's as simple as downloading the FlyVPN Lite client, logging in with one of the username & passwords on the free trial page and then selecting the correct server from within the program and starting up Steam.

I see. I guess I could take a look later on.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member

Where did you find that? I looked around and I understood that if its in your library you will be able to download at 8:00AM EST on 8/31. Now I am confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom