• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i didn't really know that guy, i am not a fan of watching youtubers etc, but i noticed from the previews pages that he was going to talk about the game without spoiling anything so i kept his name and watched it today.

Maybe I'll feel differently after playing but he seemed to be putting out spoilers, at least to people who haven't been following super closely.
Like, 'when this big event happens, people who didn't sign an nda won't know that [...]'
Except they do now.

Chinner

Banned
Just ordered this:

Isxthd1.jpg

Every cloud guys, every cloud.

Embearded

Maybe I'll feel differently after playing but he seemed to be putting out spoilers, at least to people who haven't been following super closely.
Like, 'when this big event happens, people who didn't sign an nda won't know that [...]'
Except they do now.

I honestly don't feel like he spoiled anything for me, at least not about story.
He says a couple of new things about gameplay though.

Embearded

I felt the same way. I don't think he really spoiled anything. Hell, trailers would be more spoiler-ish.

True! I can listen to someone describing an enemy camp or read about it and i might never really understand for which one he was talking about. With a single picture though...

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
i love how some people in that thread are blaming MGSV and Konami and not the journalists without integrity that apparently just rushed though the game so they could get a review earlier

pahamrick

i love how some people in that thread are blaming MGSV and Konami and not the journalists without integrity that apparently just rushed though the game so they could get a review earlier

Konami and MGSV are the bigger/easier target. If a reviewer is willing to rush and circumvent gameplay for MGSV, they're willing to do it for any other game they come across, which means any review by that reviewer should be suspect.

Konami and MGSV are the bigger/easier target. If a reviewer is willing to rush and circumvent gameplay for MGSV, they're willing to do it for any other game they come across, which means any review by that reviewer should be suspect.

Konami neutering builds should be addressed though. They set up review events and don't even send copies to the community guys they called in. It's a lose-lose situation for both sides, except us of course.

pahamrick

Konami neutering builds should be addressed though. They set up review events and don't even send copies to the community guys they called in. It's a lose-lose situation for both sides, except us of course.

That's the one thing I found really distasteful, removing the build timers from the build played by the community guys. Konami is in no way blameless in this situation, no doubt, but putting no blame on any reviewer that used the chicken hat to rush through the game to get to the end ASAP, circumventing the actual gameplay to do so. Not to mention skipping large parts of motherbase development to do it is just as distasteful.

It's a complete disservice to their readers, especially ones who were on the fence particularly because of the motherbase development stuff. One of my best friends loves MGS, but hates Peace Walker, hates it with a passion, because of the entire mother base development / fultoning stuff and has no plans to purchase TPP because of it. He said he'll try it out via family share whenever I'm not on and if he enjoys it, maybe he'll pick it up, but he's not hyped for it at all right now due to that.

Main stuff is done! Writing texts is done!
Adding community stuff and random trivia atm.

Sweet. Do your best, and we're here if you need any help. :D

That's the one thing I found really distasteful, removing the build timers from the build played by the community guys. Konami is in no way blameless in this situation, no doubt, but putting no blame on any reviewer that used the chicken hat to rush through the game to get to the end ASAP, circumventing the actual gameplay to do so. Not to mention skipping large parts of motherbase development to do it is just as distasteful.

It's a complete disservice to their readers, especially ones who were on the fence particularly because of the motherbase development stuff. One of my best friends loves MGS, but hates Peace Walker, hates it with a passion, because of the entire mother base development / fultoning stuff and has no plans to purchase TPP because of it. He said he'll try it out via family share whenever I'm not on and if he enjoys it, maybe he'll pick it up, but he's not hyped for it at all right now due to that.

Yeah that's why I said it's a lose-lose situation. Konami's timer made everyone rush through the game. Both sides are at fault, Konami could've simply sent people a copy and the reviewers should've waited a day or two more to check everything before publishing. The good part though, even with rushing through the bare essentials of the game they still gave it 9-10/10's. It's a shame about your friend though, I hope you convince him somehow. TPP's supposed to be the ultimate Metal Gear game, made for all the fans and not just PW fans. In fact to me TPP seems more like MGS3 with a few PW elements.

Motherfuckers. VideoGamerTV's Youtube video "review" had a big spoiler in it. RIP me.

Steer clear from that one. Im out.

tumblr_lw3cnljxCD1qdshi4o1_500_zps15433e01.gif

The1Ski

Motherfuckers. VideoGamerTV's Youtube video "review" had a big spoiler in it. RIP me.

Steer clear from that one. Im out.

Dang, sorry to hear bruh. Trust no one I guess. Thanks for taking the hit for the greater good.

I feel like I need to Cartman myself when he tries to "sleep" until the Nintendo Wii (I think) comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom