• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metacritic and Opencritic the highest rated games of the generation

Bodomism

Banned
Both Metacritic and Opencritic are very well respected within the gaming industry. Both website are very professional unlike fan website like gotypicks.blogspot that was created by a fanboy that ignored like 200 gaming websites from asian countries and included like 200 more gaming websites from European countries.

Here is the list

Metacritic

Screenshot-2020-12-24-07-21-33-31.png

Opencritic
Screenshot-2020-12-24-08-22-07-63.png

Last edited:
What's number 5 for open critic?

Edit: I think I found it for open critic.

God Of War with a opencritic of 95 lands it in 5th place. Could you please update the list B Bodomism ?

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Red Dead Redemption 2 with those controls? Nah. GTA V is too high, too. Can't comment on the Nintendo games, haven't played them.

Metacritic's list is more like highest rated game of the decade, no? Which is an even more incredible achievement voor Mario Galaxy 2 to be honest.

yurinka

I don't understand why Mario Galaxy 2 is there.

I can understand GTAV and BOTW, that were also released the previous gen but they are too awesome and got a great current gen version.

Regarding Metacritic, I think they should also add somewhere for the multis the average of the review of that game in all platforms, as Open Critic does.

Because as of now in Metacritic games like Cyberpunk will appear as some of the best games of the year and some of the worst games of the year. Which is true, but if we only look at the reviews of only one the versions you get a wrong picture.

Last edited:

Verchod

What an average generation we've had. I don't doubt the quality of Nintendo titles but the list isn't exactly bustling with variety and innovation.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Nice lists. Loved all of those games.

Score aggregators are cancer tho.

Yeah, those are pretty much best of the generation, though I'd take God of War off that list and put Witcher 3 there. But even as it is, incredible games, no really denying that.

MrFunSocks

Banned
They did a great job with the remaster but it's nowhere near a PS4/X1 gen game.
Do you agree that Demons Souls is not a PS5 game then too?

Never cared for review scores or aggregators, I’m not a believer in critics opinions having any real importance on subjective things.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Everybody knows Rockstar and Nintendo get special treatment from journalist.
Bloodborne and Witcher 3 are imo the true Games of this gen.
Breath of the Wild has a good case too but its not imo on the same level.

Dark Souls 2011 is 89 on metacritic. What a fucking joke both of these sites are at determining a game's quality. Those numbers dont say much.

Mabdia

It's just show to me why I just can't care about game journalism and reviews.

Now, would be very interesting to know the best game scores by gamers. That is a measure that I can believe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I only played GTA 5 which I consider to be a 360/PS3 game and God of War 2018 which is my second best game of the PS4/Xbox One/Switch generation. The rest were either dropped or had no interest.

NinjaBoiX

No TW3 is proof that critic evaluations are worthless.
The Witcher 3 is fucking shite. It’s riddled with design flaws and utterly inept, mechanically speaking.

I’m sure it’s got a great story and whatever but as a piece of software to “play” it’s really poor.

Last edited:

Hugare

I preffer GAF's GOTG picks

RDR 2 at 97 MC score hurts my soul. BOTW is another insanely overrated game.

Both good games, but that good? lol, no

Top Bottom