• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metacritic and Opencritic the highest rated games of the generation

xrnzaaas

Nah, don't care about metascores and I definitely don't rely on them for my gaming purchases. Games like RDR2 don't deserve near maximum scores, because they have pretty serious flaws.

Last edited:
Do you agree that Demons Souls is not a PS5 game then too?
GTA 5 on ps4/xbone is a straight port of the previous gen game that runs at an higher resolution and has a few graphics settings sliders slightly higher... It's literally like running the PC game on a better system (like the Sony remake of TLoU, the uncharted games, god of war 3, etc.).

Demon souls is completely new, except for the game logic.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Both Metacritic and Opencritic are very well respected within the gaming industry. Both website are very professional unlike fan website like gotypicks.blogspot that was created by a fanboy that ignored like 200 gaming websites from asian countries and included like 200 more gaming websites from European countries.

Here is the list

Metacritic
So you just made this thread in response to the "Sony is the best publisher of the decade" thread?

lol.

thelastword

Banned
Nintendo and R* are the best based on those two websites.
The problem with that list is that these are re-released of games spanning from the PS3 and Wii era, some of these games are not even remakes like FF7 and Demon Souls, which we can justify.

The real question is which were the highest new games, that isn't an old Nintendo game re-released on Switch or an old Rockstar re-release.

Sun Blaze

Banned
Still don't know why R* games get so much praise. RDR2 is a boring slog that controls poorly and doesn't know if it wants to be an action game or a sim and ends up being bad at both.

GTA is bad in every possible gameplay aspect. Poor shooting, bad driving, outdated mission design.

I really think R* games are bad but they are almost unmatched in the way they build worlds so they got that going.

Clarissa

Banned
My friend who is a Nintendo Fanboy thinks that once Breath Of The Wild 2 and Mario Galaxy 3 eventually release, all top 5 games of Metacritic will belong to Nintendo.

Merkades

I already knew how this would turn out before I clicked on it and I don't agree. I get that my taste is not the same as most, but I don't even remotely believe these reviews are fair and unbiased. I do think they rate highly for a reason, just not that highly.

I fully believe that some studios automatically get great reviews just about no matter what. Nintendo, Rockstar, Naughty Dog, and Bethesda I feel are often among them. And I even like ND and Nintendo (mostly). And lastly, no game will ever get a 100 to me, absolutely never.

Heartkiller

Breath of the Wild definitely deserves to be there. Such an incredible game. I love Odyssey as well, though it was the first Mario game that I had really played since Mario 64. Both games have a wonderful sense of discovery to them.

Top Bottom