• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Melissa Barrera Let Go “Cancelled” From “Scream VII”

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I avoided twitter like the plague. So unless they usually say something and it gets posted on GAF or in their channel, I will miss it.
Brother (or sister?!?!), this is absolutely how I feel. I can't read and catch up with it all and even if I live here and like it here, I can't check it at all times or catch everything and am out of touch. I'm a man I'M 40 /rant

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
boy do I have some news.
This.

PM2dHVu.gif

Have they called Campbell and Cox? Still time or is this a wrap?

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
A real example of islamaphobia in the US... From a lefty from Obama's administration:

Edit: This feels right at home in India ... There is HUGE anti-muslim bias by the far right Hindu leaning government...

Last edited:

AJUMP23

So what did she say about the massacre on the 7th and the hostages needing to be returned, if she feels her voice is so important? If she condemned that after it happened and not days later, she might be a bit more believable.

Toons

tn2x5zrsmlvb1.jpg

the deduce for yourself comment is def sus...

you can say "bc the US/israel ties" but you cant say stupid shit that implies Jews control the media. wether or not thats what she meant, it was stupid on her part and they should cancel the whole movie seeing that scream 6 was the biggest pile of shit ive ever seen

I agree with what she said here in this post addressing the incident.

But I think she worded her initial comments poorly and flew too close to the sun.

Id much rather she had a discussion with the studio and get a chance to clarify. The studio was a bit reactionary in this one, but it is what it is and its their call.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I agree with what she said here in this post addressing the incident.

But I think she worded her initial comments poorly and flew too close to the sun.

Id much rather she had a discussion with the studio and get a chance to clarify. The studio was a bit reactionary in this one, but it is what it is and its their call.
Or this was just the easy excuse to dump her. Maybe she cost too much, was difficult on set, or who knows.

Toons

Or this was just the easy excuse to dump her. Maybe she cost too much, was difficult on set, or who knows.

Nah, if you look at the context and who is running the company this could've been foreseen. I think if she worded her posts slightly different she wouldn't have been fired.

This entire issue has been awful to read about and I dont fall on either side nof am I absolving either of the things I've seen them do.

I have recused myself from discussing it for the most part because some of the takes are reactionary, hateful, or uneducated and none of it ultimately matters. These are all posts on a website in the end.

I just hope they find a solution that minimizes the deaths, somehow, some way. But maybe that isnt realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom