• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond Announcement Trailer (Respawn's AAA VR Title)

Moses85

No PSVR? Who will buy this than?🤣

Is the installbase on Vive or Oculus that high?

Stielgranade catching soldier who throwing knifes.

Aha.

EA becomes more and more ridiculous with every new Game they develop

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What could they possibly do with Medal of Honor after they sold out and butchered the franchise with 2010's release. The last Medal of Honor that I honestly enjoyed (hands down) was Frontline on PS2. It feels like its been ages since I've cared about this franchise.

Wonko_C

No PSVR? Who will buy this than?🤣

Is the installbase on Vive or Oculus that high?

Stielgranade catching soldier who throwing knifes.

Aha.

EA becomes more and more ridiculous with every new Game they develop

If you combine the userbase of all the PCVR headsets plus Quest, they pretty much exceed PSVR's total. Yes it's an Oculus (temporary, knowing EA) exclusive, but you can play Oculus Store games with any headset with LibreVR/ReVIVE.

What could they possibly do with Medal of Honor after they sold out and butchered the franchise with 2010's release. The last Medal of Honor that I honestly enjoyed (hands down) was Frontline on PS2. It feels like its been ages since I've cared about this franchise.

VR by itself opens new, unexplored gameplay possibilities, so the game will feel fresh just with that.

Romulus

If you combine the userbase of all the PCVR headsets plus Quest, they pretty much exceed PSVR's total. Yes it's an Oculus (temporary, knowing EA) exclusive, but you can play Oculus Store games with any headset with LibreVR/ReVIVE.

VR by itself opens new, unexplored gameplay possibilities, so the game will feel fresh just with that.

I'll be shocked if this runs on Quest though. And if it does that's not the device I would want to play it on. Its great for what it is though.

Romulus

Gameplay preview

Supposedly in the headset, it looks much better compared to videos and immediately felt like a AAA shooter.

10 hour singleplayer
Multiplayer
Smooth locomotion(you play it like a normal shooter)
Feels great to play

Another huge get for VR. I expect splinter cell next.

stranno

It looks good, tho Respawn should have choose the Wii Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 way. A regular FPS with an on-rails VR mode (Arcade) built around the regular levels. Something like this:

lRpTyPH.gif

Romulus

It looks good, tho Respawn should have choose the Wii Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 way. A regular FPS with an on-rails VR mode (Arcade) built around the regular levels. Something like this:

lRpTyPH.gif

I think there's enough on rails options. VR is at the point now where it controls well enough to do regular games convincingly.

Myths

MOH is actually getting a new installment? Damn. Nothing will probably ever beat AA and it’s expansions. Online was so bad ass back in 2005.

So is it just VR?

Last edited:

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
If you combine the userbase of all the PCVR headsets plus Quest, they pretty much exceed PSVR's total.
That's based on a bunch of assumptions of information we don't really have.
I'd argue you're overestimating base Vive&Oculus install base, but then again PC has like what - 30 something HMDs on the market by now that are theoretically all compatible, so who knows what the real totals are like.

I'd be more curious about buying habits - that's one area where Steam doesn't do so well compared to consoles, wonder how it ranks in VR space, not to mention Oculus store itself (I've had visibility into that until 2017 or thereabouts so I'm way out of date by now).

This looks like it will be fun to play in VR. I'm surprised it isn't also coming to PSVR seeing as Medal of Honor is a multiplatform franchise.

Last edited:

Romulus

This looks like it will be fun to play in VR. I'm surprised it isn't also coming to PSVR seeing as Medal of Honor is a multiplatform franchise.

There likely wouldn't be another MOH if it wasn't for Oculus. They have big money and you'll likely see alot of old franchises reborn for Oculus exclusives.

Last edited:

iamvin22

Industry Verified

You got any facts on both combined is more than psvr?

Lmao ea you dumb fucks, you bring Medal of Honor back and its vr shit

I played Allied Assault through gamespy online all the time back in the day, good shit

Romulus

Lmao ea you dumb fucks, you bring Medal of Honor back and its vr shit

I played Allied Assault through gamespy online all the time back in the day, good shit

But shooters play just like they normally do in VR, you just get life sized scale and depth perception. It only adds to the experience.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Not to mention aiming the gun and reloading with your hands like in real life instead of moving a pointer and clicking never gets old. Physically taking cover, instinctively and naturally reacting to your surroundings (sogood.gif). The last WW2 shooter I played before losing interest was Call of Duty 2, after that they all looked like the same thing to me with a shinier coat of paint. But VR makes things different enough that I want to try those kinds of games again.

Last edited:

pr0cs

I have faith in Respawn, the OG MOH:AA to me was such a great game and so it's cool to see them get back to their roots.
Can't wait to see more

Moses85

Thanks mate

Starfield

Just seen the trailer. Out of nowhere a new Medal of Honor game is coming...and its being made by Respawn? God Havens!

Game looks SICK. We have a Oculus Rift S at home and I really can't wait to play this. Looks very well made and like a AAA VR title.

Ahhh the memories, the music, WORLD WAR TWO

Hudo

I would've loved to see Respawn actually try their hands on a new proper Medal of Honor. It would also be a "return back to the roots", so to speak, as Vince Zampella and Jason West were the founders of 2015 Inc. (which were originally part of Dreamworks Interactive, if I remember correctly), who did the first couple of Medal of Honor games...

Wonko_C

I would've loved to see Respawn actually try their hands on a new proper Medal of Honor. It would also be a "return back to the roots", so to speak, as Vince Zampella and Jason West were the founders of 2015 Inc. (which were originally part of Dreamworks Interactive, if I remember correctly), who did the first couple of Medal of Honor games...
How is this not a "proper" Medal of Honor?

Hudo

How is this not a "proper" Medal of Honor?
because it's a VR title. I also see Half-Life: Alyx (which I liked very much!) as a nice side game to Half-Life. But it isn't a proper Half-Life game. But that's just how I see it.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Same sentiment. But was thinking early 360/PS3 game.

And this is a "AAA VR game"

No wonder lots of people view VR games as crap.
Yes your assessment is fairer! It definitely looks incredibly low budget for a big publisher. Very angular models and bland detailing. Its not the be all and end all for vr as even simple looking games can be incredibly immersive, however for an EA game I expected more, graphically at least.

I had hoped Half Life Alyx might have started a new trend of great looking and playing VR but it looks like we have to wait a bit longer.

Romulus

Yes your assessment is fairer! It definitely looks incredibly low budget for a big publisher. Very angular models and bland detailing. Its not the be all and end all for vr as even simple looking games can be incredibly immersive, however for an EA game I expected more, graphically at least.

I had hoped Half Life Alyx might have started a new trend of great looking and playing VR but it looks like we have to wait a bit longer.

You expected Alyx to inspire AAA devs 5 months later? Most AAA games aren't even in ready to show anything by then. Hell of an expectation.

Top Bottom