• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive FTC Leak: Mid Gen Xbox Hardware, Series S/X Refreshes, New Controller, and Game Plans!

TrippleA345

yuj6Pp9.png
NO f* way this is real.

bender

What time is it?
So if the reports are true about PS5 Pro, Xbox is gonna lag behind when it comes to power. Not happy about that at all. If such plans were there, you'd think they would have been in these, right?

Probably. Also consider that the Series S is Microsoft's best selling system this generation. I'm not sure what the value proposition is to consumers and how to differentiate Series X from Series Pro. Seems like another option would sell incredibly poorly relative to the other two devices and having three SKUs puts an unnecessary burden on developers.

MadPanda

Banned
Indiana Jones game for the next fiscal year? I thought it's far away. I wish we didn't get this leak as it spoils the official announcement but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Honestly, this whole debacle with emails is baffling to me. I thought that multi billion businesses were managed by professionals, analysts, and teams that actually review and process information and take decisions based on carefully reviewed data and come up with strategic plans based on past failure and success. But all you have is a bunch of higher rep going "Duuude, we have so much more power and stuff, we gonna kick their ass, lol"

Holy shit.

Last edited:

Stafford

Probably. Also consider that the Series S is Microsoft's best selling system this generation. I'm not sure what the value proposition is to consumers and how to differentiate Series X from Series Pro. Seems like another option would sell incredibly poorly relative to the other two devices and having three SKUs puts an unnecessary burden on developers.

Just sucks for the people that have no problems having to spend more money to get a Pro. I love when the One X came out. And if shops have trade in offers it would be even more appealing.

You can bet devs will take advantage of this rumored Pro and Xbox would be chasing after PS when it comes to power for another 4 years. Sigh.

Senua

Gold Member
Honestly, this whole debacle with emails is baffling to me. I thought that multi billion businesses were managed by professionals, analysts, and teams that actually review and process information and take decisions based on carefully reviewed data and come up with strategic plans based on past failure and success. But all you have is a bunch of higher rep going "Duuude, we have so much more power and stuff, we gonna kick their ass, lol"

Holy shit.
They're human after all!

GHG

Gold Member

Holy shit.

Dude, it's all a facade.

Everyone is winging it and it's only getting worse as time goes on.

It's not a mid-gen refresh as far as power goes. It's not a pro version for Xbox. It's an all digital Series X with a couple extra little bells and whistles.
They want to trick people into believing they'll have a mid-gen console in 2024, like PS5 Pro. This is their strategy: Lying as always.

Also they are almost 2 years late into releasing... a 6nm model of their console.

Last edited:

damidu

Holy shit.
yeah its expected but still bit dissapointing the fate of whole division (and all the dev houses, publishers they gobbled up since) are in hands of bunch of dumbshits.
kind of nervous of the outcome when their sub plan, which they bet everything on, collapses spectacularly. whole thing is probably planned on a napkin at lunch going by these back and forts

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Great looking redesign and more than happy to sacrifice the drive I've never used for double the storage, makes more sense for Gamepass and the 30 million plus customers, always said Starfield would push them over that figure.
These games on top of the announces line up is just incredible, going way past the 360 era now, greatest first party line up in history.
Good to see that we have next gen in the pipeline too, always thought the naysayers were wrong again.

Mephisto40

Seems like a complete false start considering the ratio of sales between the series S and the series X

This isnt going to make people upgrade, infact the only thing it might possible do is get the enthusiasts that bought the Series X to double dip and buy the newer model, I cannot see people switching from series S to an upgraded series X

Last edited:

Mowcno

Going all digital is a mistake if there is no USB Disk Drive for it. A cylrindrical design is also very impractical and there is no mention of any stand in the box contents either so laying this design horizontally would be completely impossible. Only going to 6nm in 2024 is a bit of a let down though considering PS5 quietly launched their 6nm revision in 2022. Imagine how small a 5nm Series S could be lol. This also reinforces what a terrible deal the newly launched 1TB Series S is and I'm not sure what the point of it is. 1 Year after launch it's being replaced with a $50 cheaper version with more modern tech.

If Xbox are truly going all digital and discontinuing the old Series X and not having a usb disk drive then the reaction of the industry will be quite interesting. How many publishers will even bother releasing on disc for the 15-20m original Series X models when no new Xbox's can play them.

The new controller isn't aesthetically pleasing but functionally it's a nice improvement.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Great looking redesign and more than happy to sacrifice the drive I've never used for double the storage, makes more sense for Gamepass and the 30 million plus customers, always said Starfield would push them over that figure.
These games on top of the announces line up is just incredible, going way past the 360 era now, greatest first party line up in history.
Good to see that we have next gen in the pipeline too, always thought the naysayers were wrong again.
Kill Count Boot Licker GIF by Dead Meat James

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It maybe real but I looks so fake. Lol like a new Series S and 2 new all digital Series X? Hard to believe.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Wifi 6 and USB C. No changes to internal specs expect more storage.

Mid gen refresh?

VAVA Mk2

This is meaningless if there is no updated GPU mid-gen like last if they want to keep it at that price. I will keep the one I have and focus more on PC and maybe get a PS5 Slim after it gets announced. They are literally taking a "coasting" strategy when they are way behind Sony. What are they thinking?

GHG

Gold Member

Sadness Always Be Closing GIF by Corporate Bro

Senua

Gold Member
fat-albert-hyi5930fwmfuyq94.gif

Tsaki

About the refreshes:
The good stuff: FINALLY They have gyro so we might see improvements in adoption, Haptic Feedback as well. USB-C in front. More storage and better Wi-Fi is good I guess. I like the design. All the other sustainability crap: who gives a fuck.
The bad stuff: $499 again without a disk drive this time. "Same great price" Are they for real?
No mid-gen Upgraded model.
In conclusion: They'll get killed by PS5 for the remainder of the gen which will last until 2028. Base PS5 massively undercuts Series X and it ALSO gives you the choice to buy a disk drive add-on. PS5 Pro gets the enthusiast console crowd and becomes the default 3rd party machine. GTA6 will sell Playstations like nobody's business.
And these consoles are for 2025?! (Edit: not 2025. It's FY 2025 which is 2024) What has Xbox engineering team been doing the past 3 years?
It's clear now that MS didn't expect Sony to repeat the Pro and Spencer's comments about mid-gen were indeed genuine.

Edit: Also nice choice of words there by the marketing team: "The most powerful Xbox ever".

G7pgiSL.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom