• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Married middle school teacher, 27, arrested for rape of an underage student

The one thing that confuses me about these types of threads is the age of consent. It changes from one country to another and I think even some states have different ones. Someone brought up she could wait a few years for him to be 16, but I'm pretty sure you have to be in a two to four year difference or else it's still statutory rape. What exactly constitutes the proper age?

azyless

The one thing that confuses me about these types of threads is the age of consent. It changes from one country to another and I think even some states have different ones. Someone brought up she could wait a few years for him to be 16, but I'm pretty sure you have to be in a two to four year difference or else it's still statutory rape. What exactly constitutes the proper age?
Depends wildly on your country/state. And then there are other laws on top of that.

Verelios

Just saw the picture i can see this thread already :S
hope im wrong
Not really. Whenever I think of it, I'm reminded of how insecure and impressionable middle school kids are and then how gross it is to prey on them. I'd laugh at the cringiest shit in MS just because I didn't want to do something wrong, let alone saying no to your teacher, this is rape full stop.

Media

My oldest just left middle school. He's fucking 13. So anywhere between ten and 13 is the age of the victim. What the fuck.

devilhawk

I don't understand why attractive women in their mid-late 20's so often sleep with young teenage students. In most of these cases that I've seen, the teacher shouldn't really have a problem finding hook-ups with other adults, so why the aversion to men her age? I'm sure there's some deep psychological impetus behind it, but it's still bizarre to me.
Might be time to prevent teachers younger than 30 from teaching high school. It also seems these teachers are just as likely to be married as not.

Unicorn

do teachers these days get psych screenings?

should we start doing that?

this is happening too much
No but day one of teachers college is all about teachers fucking up. Either social media snafus or straight up sexual assault. People in my own teaching program were getting ousted before even getting to the full student teaching - getting sexts just from the single weekly visits in a single semester. Come on now. Just throwing money and their life away.

Might be time to prevent teachers younger than 30 from teaching high school.

tumblr_o1me2c2Qcq1ugvc8yo1_400.gif

No but day one of teachers college is all about teachers fucking up. Either social media snafus or straight up sexual assault. People in my own teaching program were getting ousted before even getting to the full student teaching - getting sexts just from the single weekly visits in a single semester. Come on now. Just throwing money and their life away.
hm, interesting

It's not really happening that much, there are millions of teachers in the USA. I'm not excusing these people's actions, I'm just saying it's really, really uncommon.

yeah fair enough, it seems like we hear a lot about it, but you're right, it's still a really small number

Well one thing to do would be to stop using shit like "sex romps"

Seriously what the absolute fuck is that? It's fucking assault and rape. Fucking use them. Don't make it sound better than it is for fucks sake.

Haines

Banned
Kind of crazy. Like you really need to do shit like this when there so many people out there that would be legal

The more i read the news the more i dont trust people

OnPoint

Why are the teachers involved always good looking!? Like damn, this chick could probably get almost any dude she wanted. Why settle on a freaking under age teen!?

Because she is probably suffering from some sort of imbalance or disorder that causes her to act outside of the norms of society? It's not as simple as that for these kinds of people.

Apath

Doesn't matter how often people like you parrot wrong information, it's in the big majority of those "teacher fucks student" cases not pedophilia. And yes, it makes a significant difference on several levels, including the underlying psychology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

I guess the US justice system will throw a couple dozen prison years at her. Wouldn't happen in Germany, she would get convicted but surely not for rape. The main point here is the abuse of power and the position of authority she is in.

Like usual those threads seem to have some closeted MRA's who only pile on this cases to proof that women are just as bad. Those threads constantly popping up like this is big news that should have lots of discussion is questionable in general, and some of you should DEFINITELY think about why those threads have to rely to on links to sensationalist scum media like Fox and the Sun or even Daily Mail all the time. They love them some SHOCKING crime stories which then leads to lots of yelling after extreme punishment and general fear mongering about the state of society in the comment section.

Also lmao @ Sodomy. That is an actual legal term that still gets used in the US? Pure homophobia and bigotry.
The fuck? She slept with a middle schooler. That's 11-13, dude.

MIMIC

Banned
Might be time to prevent teachers younger than 30 from teaching high school. It also seems these teachers are just as likely to be married as not.

LOL, no. I started teaching when I was 25. Some people are just sickos and completely abuse their authority.

She won't be so smug a few years from now, when she's a registered sex offender, struggling to find work, with a useless degree that she wasted 4 years on and will never be able to use again for how it was intended.

wildfire

Banned
I don't understand why attractive women in their mid-late 20's so often sleep with young teenage students. In most of these cases that I've seen, the teacher shouldn't really have a problem finding hook-ups with other adults, so why the aversion to men her age? I'm sure there's some deep psychological impetus behind it, but it's still bizarre to me.

Let me abbreviate that long winded post.

Why do pedophiles exist?

Ratrat

Whats with all the confused people in this thread? Women can be perverts and pedophiles too.

Thread title is also in really bad taste. Wtf

Syrus

Banned

That is insane. Why the fuck would we screw over people wanting to be teachers because of a couple pieces of shit a year.

Yes my wife is a teacher

Top Bottom