• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'I'm the victim,' says teacher who had sex with high school student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

Except you were legally an adult and therefore should know better plus you were the one in the position of power.

Nice try creep.

daveo42

Banned
That's why you keep a strict teacher/student relationship and it's on the teacher to do that. Teenage boys always be horndoggin' and mackin' on hot teachers and it's up to the adult in that situation, the adult, to know how to shut that shit down. Not friending him on FB or going out for coffee. He's a high school student and you're a teacher. Fucking be one.

Lmao Bambi! XD

That was not the turn I was expecting from this.

Umm it's a 17yo with a 23yo. It's pretty close. Age of consent in my country is 16.

bE65jZH.jpg

Mohonky

Umm it's a 17yo with a 23yo. It's pretty close. Age of consent in my country is 16.

Her position would be classed as a guardian or carer though, a part from being a conflict of interest, she's an authoritive figure in this case which puts the relationship in a different perspective.

The age of consent in WA is 18, but if you are 16 or 17 you are allowed to have sexual contact with someone who is up to 59 months older than you.

Keasar

Legally it's 15 in mine. Though socially it is considered really weird unless there are a few years of difference.

Honestly, I kinda feel bad for her. Sure, not the smartest move on her part considering her career but the way this article just suddenly swung from her being a teacher down a stripper is just depressing. Especially when the age difference was just 6 years, like in any other situation this would barely bat an eye on anyone.

Symphonia

Banned
So technically speaking a 18 year old girl/guy having sex with a 17 year and 364 days old girl/guy would be charged with rape?
Stop being pedantic. The law is clearly going to let it slide if there's a week or so before the minor becomes of age, but the victim was clearly underage here, and the teacher significantly older. Is that okay on your eyes? Would you be saying the same thing if the gender roles were reversed?

Acorn

Legally it's 15 in mine. Though socially it is considered really weird unless there are a few years of difference.

Honestly, I kinda feel bad for her. Sure, not the smartest move on her part considering her career but the way this article just suddenly swung from her being a teacher down a stripper is just depressing. Especially when the age difference was just 4 years, like in any other situation this would barely bat an eye on anyone.
She abused a position of authority, why are people skipping over that?

so she was clearly in the wrong here, but I do wonder, what is the protocol for dealing with a student who keeps trying to get with you?

like do you report him to the principal or whatever? idk

regardless, she abused her position of authority

Symphonia

Banned
so she was clearly in the wrong here, but I do wonder, what is the protocol for dealing with a student who keeps trying to get with you?

like do you report him to the principal or whatever? idk

regardless, she abused her position of authority
It can be classed as sexual harassment. She should report it to the principal and have necessary action taken against the student, usually suspension from school or moving to another class.

DBT85

Every time, never fails. Age has nothing to do with it, it's the fact that she is his teacher. Why so many people have such a hard time understanding this I will never understand.

She shouldn't have done what she did, that's abundantly clear. But I wouldn't call it rape. I thinks that's what others are saying. The charges she has are acceptable to me.

Why would anybody with a real issue go on that trash ass show? IS the dude even a real doctor? I hate how he picks at guests for laughs from the audience....

And these teachers fucking these kids??? WTF? There has to be some sort of sick mental issue going on when you find yourself not only attracted to but also willing to throw your career and life away for some kid booty!

Acorn

Why would anybody with a real issue go on that trash ass show? IS the dude even a real doctor? I hate how he picks at guests for laughs from the audience....
Money probably.

That's what happens with Jeremy Kyle here, he gives junkies a few hundred quid to share their nuts lives or make shit up. It's disgusting.

studyguy

Will never understand what drives people to go and spend all their time and effort to get their degrees, whatever they need to do to teach and then immediately fuck it up by messing with students like that.

Like you might as well be that vet who shot the cat with an arrow. Be a doctor who punches out a patient.

Seems antithetical to the whole reason you intended going into the job.

Acorn

Will never understand what drives people to go and spend all their time and effort to get their degrees, whatever they need to do to teach and then immediately fuck it up by messing with students like that.

Like you might as well be that vet who shot the cat with an arrow. Be a doctor who punches out a patient.

Humans are irrational and frequently dumb.

Mesousa

Banned

You don't understand it because emotions are irrational.

I am sure 9 out of 10 times she would agree with what you said, but the one day her boyfriend treated her, and she saw another guy paying attention to her, and things happen.

- Had a fight with boyfriend
- Responds to text from 17 year old
- Bangs him, making her a cheater and a rapist, according to the law
- Gets fired from her job
- Gets job stripping
- Claims to be a victim

Yeah....

moggio

Banned
- Had a fight with boyfriend
- Responds to text from 17 year old
- Bangs him, making her a cheater and a rapist, according to the law
- Gets fired from her job
- Gets job stripping
- Claims to be a victim

Yeah....

She's a victim of a ridiculous law that makes a 23 year old having sex with a 17 year old a rapist, yeah.

DopeToast

Banned
23 and 17 are such close ages in the grand scheme, but you can't possibly think it's okay or professional in any way to do what she did.

Like if a 24 and 18 year old were romantically involved I really wouldn't care. Why not just wait it out until then?

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
AOC laws need nuance. So stupid. Still can't believe teens get registered as sex offenders for being horny and stupid and sending nudes to one another. Snapchat literally became a billion dollar company exploiting that.

Obviously her position of power as a teacher changes that equation somewhat, which you can't deny, but still.

I heard about this. They seriously buried the lede.

-He was 17. That's over the age of consent there.
-She wasn't teaching in his school district when they started the relationship.
-She tried to break things off when she got transferred to his school
-...At which point he blackmailed her into staying, saying something to the effects of "I'm going to piss on the cinders of your life."

Blackmail is illegal. Having sex with a 17 year old is not, even if it's pretty stupid.

This hysteria is getting pretty out of control. I'm starting to think if he raped her at gunpoint you'd still be calling her a pedo.

This isn't just sexual assault or inappropriate. She was raped. Over, and over, by someone who had threatened to ruin her life, by someone who was verbally abusive. Now she has to deal with people who are quicker to rush to condemnation than get all the facts, and her career is over. I can only imagine what the past few months have been like for her in that situation, and to have it compounded by awful media coverage like this.

I sincerely hope she manages to get back on track. I definitely hope the boy winds up in jail for this.

And if you guys think victim blaming her is appropriate, I really don't know what to tell you. Maybe start prioritizing your feminism over signalling your distaste of pedophilia.

Bleepey

17 yr old boy fucking a hot 24 yr old teacher. I wouldn't even pretend to find the world's smallest violin to play for him. She should be sacked, the boy will forever be judged by his peers in ways only fellow teenage boys and probably all the male teachers know how.

Edit: after reading the above. I feel sorry for her. Fuck this dude.

17 yr old boy fucking a hot 24 yr old teacher. I wouldn't even pretend to find the world's smallest violin to play for him. She should be sacked, the boy will forever be judged by his peers in ways only fellow teenage boys and probably all the male teachers know how.

Edit: after reading the above. I feel sorry for her. Fuck this dude.

Its kind of fucked up but nobody would have cared if this was revealed a few months down the line.

Fuck my mother is 8 and a half years older than my father. They obviously met when they were much older but still.

-...At which point he blackmailed her into staying, saying something to the effects of "I'm going to piss on the cinders of your life."

Blackmail is illegal. Having sex with a 17 year old is not, even if it's pretty stupid.

This hysteria is getting pretty out of control. I'm starting to think if he raped her at gunpoint you'd still be calling her a pedo.

This isn't just sexual assault or inappropriate. She was raped. Over, and over, by someone who had threatened to ruin her life, by someone who was verbally abusive. Now she has to deal with people who are quicker to rush to condemnation than get all the facts, and her career is over. I can only imagine what the past few months have been like for her in that situation, and to have it compounded by awful media coverage like this.

I sincerely hope she manages to get back on track. I definitely hope the boy winds up in jail for this.

And if you guys think victim blaming her is appropriate, I really don't know what to tell you. Maybe start prioritizing your feminism over signalling your distaste of pedophilia.
I don't think anyone is attacking it as pedophilia since being attracted to a 17-year-old is not even close.

Where are you getting this information from? It's not in the OP and that's what people are reacting to. No one is going on the pedophilia angle. If what you say is true, it totally changed the story and it sucks for her.

AOC laws need nuance. So stupid. Still can't believe teens get registered as sex offenders for being horny and stupid and sending nudes to one another. Snapchat literally became a billion dollar company exploiting that.

Obviously her position of power as a teacher changes that equation somewhat, which you can't deny, but still.

She is not a teenager. Underage teens can fuck each other with no legal consequences

She is not a teenager. Underage teens can fuck each other with no legal consequences

If one teenager were a supervisor or camp counselor or some other kind of authority figure over the other teenager I could see there being potential issues.

Again, age is not the issue in this case.

GTFOH, lady. You're the adult, he's a child (plus you're the teacher while he's a student).

A child can't fully comprehend the consequences of sex. This is why there are laws that exist.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Wait, the kid actually used blackmail to rape her?
shyamalan.gif

MIMIC

Banned
Was gonna say "damn that's a young teacher!" but then remembered that I started teaching at 25 xD

Nonetheless, you're the authority figure, period (AND the adult). You never get "comfortable" or "relaxed" around students....especially high schoolers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom