• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition annonunced

bdoughty

Banned
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=28237&mode=thread&order=0

2K Sports today announced the planned release of a special World Series Edition of its critically-acclaimed Major League Baseball 2K5. Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition will be packed full of new features and extras, promising baseball fans an enhanced hardball experience.

"Baseball is America's favorite pastime and the World Series is the most exciting time for fans," stated Erik Whiteford, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition celebrates fan exuberance and dramatic moments with all-new game features that pay homage to the sport."

Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition brings new life to the 2005 season with updated rosters for the regular season and '05 All-Star teams, an exclusive World Series Edition DVD and the following new game modes:

World Series Mode - Players experience the thrill of the game as they are given the opportunity to re-live or even re-write history. In the World Series Mode, gamers are invited to play some of the greatest World Series moments as they take on 10 of the most memorable World Series scenarios, including the '86 Mets, the Battle of the Bay and more.

Pennant Fever Mode - Gamers take their favorite MLB franchise all the way to the World Series, no matter what their team's current place is in the race to the pennant. Team records are locked in to match the real-life '05 Pennant race.

Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition is set to release in October 2005 for PS2 and Xbox.

so appearantly we wont get a next gen baseball game this year??????? that sucks. cmon ea NCAA baseball for xbox 360

sorry i didnt read the release date??? i was thinkin a baseball game for next year :lol

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I like this plan. Release a console version before the season begins at $20 and an updated playoff edition for $20 bucks around this time of year. Sounds like an interesting way to make money.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Musashi Wins! said:
As a baseball game fanatic it pains me that a special edition is coming out for a game I really despise. Ugh.
Oh, I know nothing of the games quality :p

bdoughty

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:
so appearantly we wont get a next gen baseball game this year??????? that sucks. cmon ea NCAA baseball for xbox 360

We all know EA Sports well enough to know that EA would not waste precious resources and money to give a Next Generation College Baseball game anytime soon. I am pretty sure the sales will be fairly abysmal for college baseball (which I find unfortunate).

Reminder of EA and their lower tiered sports games: It took a couple years for the first March Madness to the see the light of day on the PS2.

Of course I am keeping the Xbox for titles such as College Baseball, Winning Eleven and Arena Football.

Don't forget that Microsoft still has the High Heat code, etc (last I checked) and they are allowed to make a next gen baseball game with the MLB license.

Baseball games have always been somewhat neglected compared to other major sports games. Granted baseball is never going to achieve the popularity of football, but there's no reason why baseball games can't be as popular as basketball for instance. Too bad the new 3rd party exclusivity deal locks out the best game from the competition. However, I like what 2K is doing to promote the game. A world series edition baseball game for the holidays would help promote the sport and put it under the Christmas trees of many fans. It's got some nice additions and it's dirt cheap.

One would assume 2K had enough time to fix some of the major issues and bugs in the game in the last 7 months. It's really not that bad of a game overall.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Amused_To_Death said:
One would assume 2K had enough time to fix some of the major issues and bugs in the game in the last 7 months. It's really not that bad of a game overall.

I would like to hear that this is the case.

And I agree with what you're saying overall, I like the idea and promotion.

Amused_To_Death said:
Baseball games have always been somewhat neglected compared to other major sports games. Granted baseball is never going to achieve the popularity of football, but there's no reason why baseball games can't be as popular as basketball for instance. Too bad the new 3rd party exclusivity deal locks out the best game from the competition. However, I like what 2K is doing to promote the game. A world series edition baseball game for the holidays would help promote the sport and put it under the Christmas trees of many fans. It's got some nice additions and it's dirt cheap.

As long as I can continue my season/franchise I'll be happy.

Despite the numerous opinions i prefer this to MVP. Just set the difficulty way up and put the sliders into a good postiion and it's a pretty good sim.

Besides, I'll avoid giving EA any of my money if I can help it

SKOPE

bdoughty said:
Don't forget that Microsoft still has the High Heat code, etc (last I checked) and they are allowed to make a next gen baseball game with the MLB license.
Sold to Ubisoft along with Inside Pitch.

Matlock said:
I hope all of you enjoy Madden Super Bowl Edition.

:lol :lol :lol

It's a matter of time, these publishers have to recoup all those licensing fees they poured for their exclusive deals.

Madden, the Off-season edition
Madden, the Regular season edition
Madden, the Playoffs edition
Madden, the Super Bowl edition
Madden, the Pro-Bowl edition
Madden, the edition of all editions... :D

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
:lol Funny how Take Two is doing the shameless cash grab and all people can do is bash EA,

bdoughty

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
:lol Funny how Take Two is doing the shameless cash grab and all people can do is bash EA,

Shameless? Even one of my favorite sports games "Winning Eleven" does this over in Japan. Plus 2Ksports is still selling both 2K5 Baseball games COMBINED for less then the $49.99 retail price of most games.

Shameless is EA spouting out the same crap ass PS2 graphics every year in all their games and porting it over to Xbox, misserably in many cases.

Seth C

dskillzhtown said:

People would complain, if it weren't for the fact that you can buy this game twice for less than the cost of one of EA's games. If the original MLB2K5 had been $50, people would be throwing fits over this, I assure you.

As it stands, you can buy one or the other for dirt cheap, or buy both and still come out ahead on cost. Sounds fair enough to me.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
As long as it's 20 bucks I'm interested. Keep 'em cheap.

dskillzhtown

You guys should go work for Fox News. That is some of the best spinning I have seen since Dead or Alive.

bdoughty

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
You guys should go work for Fox News. That is some of the best spinning I have seen since Dead or Alive.

When you have no ground to stand on and realize your original reply was rendered moot, change the subject.

Shinobi

dskillzhtown said:

:lol You're just sore cause a simple fact that you overlooked was thrown back into your stupid grill. Isn't like anyone has to buy it anyway, so who gives a fuck?

I on the other hand hadn't even bought a baseball game this year, so this might be right up my alley.

Bluecondor

bdoughty said:
We all know EA Sports well enough to know that EA would not waste precious resources and money to give a Next Generation College Baseball game anytime soon. I am pretty sure the sales will be fairly abysmal for college baseball (which I find unfortunate).

Reminder of EA and their lower tiered sports games: It took a couple years for the first March Madness to the see the light of day on the PS2.

Of course I am keeping the Xbox for titles such as College Baseball, Winning Eleven and Arena Football.

Ya - but you have seen the trailer for NCAA College Baseball - right?

It at least shows that the game exists and that it is on EA's radar screen. I am guessing that we will see this game around the same time we will see Take Two's baseball games in the Spring of 2006.

And - you have to admit that there is at least a chance that the EA marketing machine will make this game competitive with Take Two's MLB offerings.

dskillzhtown

Shinobi said:
:lol You're just sore cause a simple fact that you overlooked was thrown back into your stupid grill. Isn't like anyone has to buy it anyway, so who gives a fuck?

I on the other hand hadn't even bought a baseball game this year, so this might be right up my alley.

What? The fact I can pay twice for a shitty game so I can get a roster update? Oh yeah, thanks for throwing that in my "stupid grill".

OOOOOOOHHHH HARDCORE!!! YOU CALLED ME STUPID!!!!!

Impressive. Thought you were a bit more mature than that.

bdoughty

Banned
Bluecondor said:
Ya - but you have seen the trailer for NCAA College Baseball - right?

It at least shows that the game exists and that it is on EA's radar screen. I am guessing that we will see this game around the same time we will see Take Two's baseball games in the Spring of 2006.

And - you have to admit that there is at least a chance that the EA marketing machine will make this game competitive with Take Two's MLB offerings.

Yes it exists on the current generation consoles but I was refering to seeing it on a next-generation console in 2006. Read what you quoted and you will see where I said it was a "current gen" game I was looking forward to. EA is only as agressive in spending money on developing games as it's competitors require. Remember this is the same EA Sports who went 5-6 years putting 100+ teams in their college basketball game. They did not fear NCAA Final Four from Sony because:

A: It was average to poor each year even with 300+ teams.
B: It was only on one console.

It took Sega to come along and put out a quality college basketball game with 300+ teams and Online play.

bdoughty

Banned
Ramirez said:
Laff out loud.

Bdoughty,you never came back to that one thread after I ripped this POS game apart,for shame friend.

Or it could be you posted nothing worthwhile for me to reply to?

bdoughty

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:
just give me a target render for a next gen baseball game, i dont care im so hyped i just want somethin

Did_someone_see_my_baseball_.jpg

Will have to wait and see what ESPN has in store for the Xbox 360. If Visual Concepts/2Ksports is making a Hockey and College basketball game for the Xbox 360 that will be out this winter, you can pretty much bet there will be a next gen baseball game by spring/summer.

Shinobi

dskillzhtown said:
What? The fact I can pay twice for a shitty game so I can get a roster update? Oh yeah, thanks for throwing that in my "stupid grill".

OOOOOOOHHHH HARDCORE!!! YOU CALLED ME STUPID!!!!!

Impressive. Thought you were a bit more mature than that.

:lol I said in the damn post that no one had to buy it you blind fuck. Not to mention the fact that the price point of the games being far lower then EA's offerings was the point that was thrown back into your grill.

You get treated how you act, and right now you're acting like an idiot. But if you stop, we'll leave you alone!

bdoughty said:

Will have to wait and see what ESPN has in store for the Xbox 360. If Visual Concepts/2Ksports is making a Hockey and College basketball game for the Xbox 360 that will be out this winter, you can pretty much bet there will be a next gen baseball game by spring/summer.
i have high hopes for VC after seeing that lebron video, but there has been nothing from then since that. oh but the lebron video was the hottest clip from e3 this year

bdoughty said:

2K Sports is no longer associated with ESPN, did you all forget EA bought the exclusive rights to ESPN as well?

Yeah, there will be NHL2K6, NBA2K6, and NCAA2K6 for the 360 thie fall. An MLB2K6 is a given.

bdoughty

Banned
Amused_To_Death said:
2K Sports is no longer associated with ESPN, did you all forget EA bought the exclusive rights to ESPN as well?

Yeah, there will be NHL2K6, NBA2K6, and NCAA2K6 for the 360 thie fall. An MLB2K6 is a given.

No I just had a brainfart. Been playing alot of ESPN NFL 2K5 with the updated rosters and schedules so I had Chris Berman saying Aloha on the brain.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shinobi said:

Yea if you dont like the sport in general then it would be right up your alley,if you love baseball stay the hell away even at $20.

Bluecondor

bdoughty said:

Oh - the 360/PS3 - I get you now. Ya - you are right - EA does take its time releasing college games on new consoles, probably waiting for the install base to be big enough to support a niche title.

This is the problem with niche titles like College Baseball. With the exception of wanting to put out a baseball game, there isn't much incentive for EA to put college sports titles out until the install base is big enough to contain viable niches, like college baseball fans.

By the way - I am Steelerfan from the OS boards, where you used to post all the time and run game as moderator. We miss you over there man.....

bdoughty

Banned
Bluecondor said:
Oh - the 360/PS3 - I get you now. Ya - you are right - EA does take its time releasing college games on new consoles, probably waiting for the install base to be big enough to support a niche title.

This is the problem with niche titles like College Baseball. With the exception of wanting to put out a baseball game, there isn't much incentive for EA to put college sports titles out until the install base is big enough to contain viable niches, like college baseball fans.

By the way - I am Steelerfan from the OS boards, where you used to post all the time and run game as moderator. We miss you over there man.....

Yes I remember you from OS, long time no see. Apprecaite the kind words.

Top Bottom