• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP the dollop podcast, Americas History is as fucked as its future

crobb991

Banned
What is The Dollop?

The Dollop is a podcast hosted since April 2014 by American comedians Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds. Each episode centers around an event or person from history selected for its humorousness or peculiarity. Typical episodes feature subjects from American history described by Anthony and commented on by Anthony and Reynolds.

The Dollop currently has about 350 episodes which i have been working through with my current partner. As a non american i have learnt so much about American History from this podcast.

It is funny, informative and relevant.

My current fav episode is the one that they did about the Newport Sex Scandal, in which a homophobe went undercover to find gays in the navy. Its hilarious.

any other listeners out there?

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I absolutely love this podcast, and have listened to every single one except for the last couple or so. So many embarrassingly awful true stories, yet they always find a way to keep it entertaining. They're a great team, and I hope I can catch one of their live shows sometime.

Last edited:

crobb991

Banned
I absolutely love this podcast, and have listened to every single one except for the last couple or so. So many embarrassingly awful true stories, yet they always find a way to keep it entertaining. They're a great team, and I hope I can catch one of their live shows sometime.

if you ever fancy going to one let me know... would love to go too

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
if you ever fancy going to one let me know... would love to go too

I was actually about to go to a show recently, but my new job schedule prevented me from being able to. Hopefully I'll have another chance sometime soon! :)

Last edited:
I've soured on it myself. I caught on to it thanks to the New Jersey Shark Attacks episode (ep 210,) which was hilarious, but as I listened to more, the more it seemed Dave was just reading lightly edited Wikipedia articles, Gareth was just purposefully misunderstanding things for the LOLs, neither had any real insight to what they were talking about, and they kept stretching things for time. It began to feel like they were wasting my time more than they were providing entertainment.

SonicSleuth

I've soured on it myself. I caught on to it thanks to the New Jersey Shark Attacks episode (ep 210,) which was hilarious, but as I listened to more, the more it seemed Dave was just reading lightly edited Wikipedia articles, Gareth was just purposefully misunderstanding things for the LOLs, neither had any real insight to what they were talking about, and they kept stretching things for time. It began to feel like they were wasting my time more than they were providing entertainment.

This is my opinion. Gareth's constant interrupting for laughs without adding any value or insight is... tired. I've unsubscribed recently.

I tried this podcast and some episodes are good, but the personalities of the hosts felt really grating to me. Like they were very put on and try hard.

Top Bottom